Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:50:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

looking for small bass fishing tournaments in the mid michigan area

Started by the989sparty, February 26, 2011, 12:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the989sparty

hi everyone, new to the site so im still getting use to it, but i was wondering if anyone knew of any small bass tournaments in michigan, me and my buddy are looking to start fishing in some tournaments but didnt wanna start in anything to big, was hoping to start in a few small tournaments first. any advice or recommendations???

Thanks, greatly appreciated for your comments and suggestions.
2010 Big Ten Champion!!!

2k JIGS

VinceR

If, by Mid-Michigan, you are referring to the Lansing area, there are two NBAA series in the area (Div. 58 on Tuesday evenings, and Div. 28 on Thursday evenings). Bobby Hutchinson is the Tournament Director for both. The entry is $42.00 per team, with a five fish limit. You can see the schedule at the NBAA website. There is a $40.00 per person membership for NBAA.

There is another circuit that fishes the same lakes on Mondays (not NBAA, and I don't remember the name of the circuit). Many of the same guys fish both. Lately, the three circuits have tried to schedule tournaments so that they don't fish the same lakes in the same week.

There are also a group of guys that fish the weekends, called the River Rats. These are many of the same guys that fish the other two circuits. The guys fishing weeknights can usually tell you when and where the River Rats will be fishing on the weekends.

They're all a great group of guys, and you will have a good time.

oldjigger

weekend series by one of the oldest clubs in the state Midstate Bass Busters.  They fish the middle of the state from Jordan to the south and Freemont to the north.  It is a team format with a $80 entry fee including big bass.  This year even without an increase in participation we will have a $500 dollar angler of year prize.  We think we will have more fishing because we took some of the long drives off the schedule

10-10 Bass Busters

My club will be hosting a couple of opens in the Mt Pleasant/Lakeview area.  As soon as I get my summer work schedule I'll have them posted on the website listed below.

the989sparty

im originally from durand, right outside flint, but im presently a student @ MSU... staying on campus and around this area this summer
2010 Big Ten Champion!!!

jacksonmj

I would say River Rats is probably what you are looking for. I meet up with them a couple weeks ago and it seems like a really good bunch of guys. I will probably fish as many as I can. It's $35 and that includes big bass. Most of the tournaments are from 7-12 on Sundays with a couple weekday tournaments. Let me know if you want a schedule and I can scan it and email it to you. Mike

the989sparty

alright thx a lot i appreciate it, the email is dhsathlete2@aol.com sounds a lot like what were trying to get into.. any website for these river rat tournaments?
2010 Big Ten Champion!!!

A Lee

If you are looking for partner tournaments, the Grand River Bass Club is holding a series of Opens this year.  Most of the tournaments are about an hour from Lansing. Mike @ (517) 927-0034 if you would like some more info.

5/28 Weber Dam: 6am-2pm
6/12 Jordan lake: 6am-2pm
6/25 Martiny Flood Waters: 6am-2pm
6/26 Mecosta Lake: 6am-2pm
7/10 Thornapple Lake: 6am-2pm
7/31 Sleepy Hollow: 6am-2pm
8/13 Morrison Lake: 6am-2pm
8/14 Long Lake: 6am-2pm
8/28 Crystal Lake: 6:30-2:30pm

9/17-9/18 Classic

Fish 4 out of 9 tournaments to qualify for the classic. $50.00 Entry fee and $10.00 Big Bass.

Durand Dan

Got your PM Sparty. When the weather breaks I'll get with you. Pleanty of tournies on Lobdell, Fenton, Phonema and around ther area.
DD

the989sparty

thx durand  dan id really appreciate it, these are the tournaments me and my buddy are trying to get into, btw my name is jesse johnson, hopefully ill hear from ya soon.... GO GREEN!
2010 Big Ten Champion!!!