getting started

Started by JchesBass_7, February 10, 2011, 05:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So I'm 16 and want to get into the new thing of highschool fishing i have a couple buddies that will do this with me but have no idea on how to get started..  any info will help thanks,                                                                   Jer

help
2 (100%)
info
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

JchesBass_7

So I'm 16 and want to get into the new thing of highschool fishing i have a couple buddies that will do this with me but have no idea on how to get started..

any info will help thanks,

Jeremy Chesney

mikesmiph

Jeremy, I can help you. Check your messages.

JchesBass_7

thanks.. I will most likely call tomorrow..

t-bone

I would think this is a great place to start:

http://highschoolfishing.org/

Largest Student Fishing Initiative In History Announced
TBF, FLW Outdooors Introduce National High School Fishing Program

Ponca City, Okla. (Jan. 27, 2011) – The Bass Federation's (TBF) Student Angler Federation (SAF) and FLW Outdoors announced today the formation of the largest student angler program in history.
Decades of youth program leadership by TBF and affiliated state federations, and FLW Outdoors' position as the largest promoter of tournaments in the world have spawned the largest youth fishing initiative in sports history. The new national High School Fishing program follows highly successful TBF and FLW Outdoors programs including National Guard FLW College Fishing, the SAF High School Fishing World Finals and the TBF Junior World Championship. Over 23,000 high schools across the nation and Canada are invited to compete giving high school anglers opportunities to fish, make friends, advance to championship events and earn scholarships to benefit their education and their lives
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

jcox7

Terry,....and all

Mike Smith is the TBF member that has been taken the High School Fishing Program under his wings!!  I talked to many about leading this up but the passion that Mike has towards this idea is unparalled.  If you or anyone would like to help Mike just let him know, I am sure he will need the help!  If anyone knows of a HS that would like to know more about this program get them with Mike!!

fishstick

Jeremy,

I see that your from Chelsea, I Graduated from CHS in 04 and still live there. I would be happy to help out!

Jeff

JchesBass_7

Any help is needed.. I would love be able to fish as a high school sport..

troossien1

Hey bro im in the same boat you are in, I Contacted Jeff Cox He has been great in helping me get started.. If your school chooses not to support you in a club you can for the first year have one outside of the school.. just give jeff a call i dont think he would appreciate me giving his number out accross here but if you want he has commented on some of the other youth and highschool forums i believe his screen name is jcox 7
Kistler rods