Gorie Alfonso Win National Guard FLW Soldier Appreciation Tournament Okeechobee

Started by djkimmel, February 05, 2011, 09:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

FLW Outdoors News

Gorie & Alfonso Win National Guard FLW Soldier Appreciation Tournament On Lake Okeechobee

CLEWISTON, Fla. (Feb. 5, 2011) – Staff Sgt. Gorie of Tampa, Fla., and Sgt. 1st Class Alfonso of Val Rico, Fla., won the National Guard FLW Soldier Appreciation Tournament held on Lake Okeechobee Saturday. The team, fishing with Pickens Plan pro Randy Blaukat of Joplin, Mo., caught three bass for a total of 14 pounds, 15 ounces to take the title and bragging rights amongst their peers.

"I love saltwater fishing. This is my first time freshwater fishing and my first tournament," said Sgt. 1st Class Alfonso. "It was an exceptionally fun day. Randy took us to his secret spots and showed us some of his secret baits. It was amazing. I feel like I just won the lottery!"

"What an incredible day," said Staff Sgt. Gorie. "We were catching fish all day long! We had to leave them biting. I have never seen a lake this on fire."

Read entire story / results on GreatLakesBass.com Tournament News

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.