Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:23:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2011 Outdoorama Almost Here

Started by djkimmel, January 19, 2011, 06:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Here once a year, OUTDOORAMA is Michigan's No. 1 show for family fun and conservation education

February 24 to 27 2011 event features Big Buck Night, Wildlife Encounters

MUCC Outdoorama 2011 starts Thursday February 24 in Novi at the Suburban Collection Showplace 46100 Grand River AveNOVI — Outdoor enthusiasts look forward to the shortest month of the year because that's when Outdoorama, sponsored by RAM Trucks, comes to town. The 38th annual edition of Michigan's most popular show is February 24 to 27 at Suburban Collection Showplace, 46100 Grand River Avenue in Novi.

Many of the state's more than one million anglers and hunters will pack what used to be called Rock Financial Showplace for great deals on boats and sporting gear, for conservation education and dozens of free seminars, and for family entertainment and features.

Returning to crowd fanfare are favorite attractions like "Big Buck Night," "Wildlife Encounters" and "Ultimate Air Dogs" with Milt Wilcox hosting daily demonstrations and weekend competition.

Although hunting and fishing are at the show's core, Outdoorama has long appealed to Michigan's huge core of conservationists, those lovers of nature who also hike and camp, boat and canoe, and who pursue bird watching, wildlife photography and other outdoor pursuits.

Read complete details on GreatLakesBass.com Show News.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

GreatLakesBass.com will be there in booth 5715. Please stop by and say hello!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

mikesmiph

Put me down to help, Dan. I should be much better by then.

djkimmel

You are already on the list! Thanks Mike!

djkimmel

If you start early, you can request ticket discounts on this page.

In addition, there are seminars for just about any outdoor interest at the 2011 Outdoorama including bass fishing seminars by NBAA pro staff and Lake St. Clair guru Wayne Carpenter. Walleye, panfish, turkey hunting and calling, retriever dogs,deer processing, food plot know-how, muskie fishing including Detroit River jigging with well-known guide Jon Bondy and bucktail fishing by Hall of Fame angler Bob Brunner, archery with Tom Nelson, river fishing with the expert Jim Bedford, advanced GPS, sonar and walleye jigging with Capt Lance Valentine, trophy bucks seminars, and more walleye expert advice from Fishing 411 host Mark Romanack and pro angler Mark Martin, and so much more. Even a turkey calling contest. Check out the full schedule here.

Though almost all seminars are free, in conjunction with the Cottage and Lakefront Living show also going on at this year's show, they've added a number of advanced outdoor photography seminars from professional nature photographer Steve Gettle this year for a nominal fee of $25 each. His work has been featured in many museums, galleries and prestigious magazines around the world. He is based near Brighton Michigan. These seminars are limited seating so they have advanced registration going on for each of them on the Outdoorama seminars page.

There's also the popular Ultimate Air Dogs several times a day and of course, the very popular Big Buck Night (Thursday 7pm - 9pm on the Big Buck Stage)! Check out the complete daily / hourly schedule listing here.

Literally, something for every outdoors person!

fiker

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

fuzzygrub1611

I can be there any time. Just let me know when.

djkimmel

Thanks fuzzy (for short). I thought you had offered. Looking forward to it.

Skulley

Dan I thought that Alec and I would be available on February 25, to help out but we will not.  Alec has a scheduled soccer game that day and has a game in the morning on Saturday February 26.  We are definitely available February 24 from 5pm until close so please put us down for that.  I will let you know if we can do another day.  Maybe Saturday afternoon, but I will let you know as we get closer to the show.

BD                       ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

FOB

Just a reminder to all GLB members.  I have a limited number of tickets for the shows.  So if you are in need, please email me and I'll get them to you. 
Ralph Blasey
Wonderland Marine West  734-417-5550

djkimmel

blakstr1

make sure to bring the kiddo's to test their luck at the Trout Pond.  Team Bass will be running the pond all day on Saturday, stop by and talk to some of us GLB members there (smbassman, savage, blakstr1, ronhuntfish, motocross269, and more)  The trout pond is located behind the boat displays in the 3000 block of booths.

Disclaimer:  to all, (mikesmiph) rod and lure will be provided for your fishing pleasure, use of hands, rope, face, teeth, hat, chest, shirt....is strictly prohibited!  ;D
hope to see you there Mike!
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

mikesmiph

Not sure I can make it on Saturday, dont know yet. I'M GOING BACK TO WORK!!!!!  I do promise to use a rod and line if I do though.

djkimmel

If you do make it down and anyone gets video of any trout dunking, make sure I get a copy!