Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:08:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2011 State Championship

Started by jcox7, December 14, 2010, 02:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Waterfoul

We're gonna try to make it...  it's a ways out yet so maybe it could happen.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Waterfoul

FYI to all:  Our fearless leader has given bogus information!

The Wooded Acres Campground phone number is:

989-422-3413

The message on their machine gives Dave's cell phone number.  I'm not going to post it here... that wouldn't be prudent on my part.

website is

www.woodedacrescampground.net
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Team houston

I would strongly consider attending if I could find someone to ride up with that Fri mid morning or early afternoon. Sharing gas and room. I am in Redford.

tjrock

I made my reservation at the Riviera. I will be heading up on Thursday evening, can't wait!!! ;D

Waterfoul

Just made my reservation at the camp ground.  It was like $22 a night for the tent and a pull thru spot with electric.  Not bad.  And he says that for us he's not going to strictly enforce the check out time since we are going to be kinda busy at that time!

mikesmiph

Anyone looking to share a room, maybe a ride up? I'm planning on leaving the Flint area very early Friday morning, fishing all day, coming home Sunday. Let me know.

markgoetsch

I also have a room and if anyone wants to split they would be more than welcome.  Yes it has two beds...I'll be heading up early that thursday and coming home after the tourney saturday.

mikesmiph

Eric

The fish won. One 3 pound fish weighed in and only 10 limits I think.

In no particular order:

Marc Snyder
Jason Knapp
Don Watts
Mark Goetsch
Rick Roberts
Bill Simpson
Mark Modrak
Randy Ramsey
Skip Johnson
Me and 2 others I apparently forgot.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

LAPORTE

Congrats to whom all made it.  Wish I could have been there to support you all. Go Michigan !!!!

DL
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Team houston

How about some details from some of you that fished. Especially those who made the team. How you caught your fish etc...

markgoetsch

Fishing was very tough.  I caught all my fish in the canals some males on beds and some crusing the weed line.  When they were on the bed I caught them on a brovarney swim jig with a revolution bait kick'r craw.  When they were cruising I caught them on a wacky rigged senko.  The wacky rig seemed to make a differance because my nonboater was throwing one texas rigged all day with only one fish then he switch to wacky for the last hour and added 3 more fish to his side of the livewell.

bsimpson

I caught 4 out of 5 in the channels, mainly under docks and boats. Fished a wacky rigged worm most of the day. Caught a ton of fish, but no monsters, but for only my second TBF tourney, I'm thrilled with my finish and excited and honored to have made the state team.

LGMOUTH

I caught all of my fish on the main lake. I had three decent smallies on beds that I found the day before, I caught them pretty quick in the morning. Went to my second spot and caught my big fish which was a largemouth on a C-flash crankbait, I also caught a couple more smallies there on a crankbait. I went to a spot that I found Monday when I was there that had some smallies on beds. I wound up catching a good one there Im sure was off a bed. When I was there on Monday I found alot of smallies on beds on the west shoreline. Unfortunately with all of the wind they had during the week it was all muddied up and had pushed all the shallow fish off their beds, the one that I caught over there was in deeper water. I wound up catching some more on the crankbait but nothing that would help. All in all it was a pretty good day of fishing.
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

Team houston

Great job Don. Anybody else?

mikesmiph

I was there on Friday prefishing. Caught 3 keeper size smallies and two nice walleye, all on a redeye shad. All off the south shore. On Saturday, I defered to my boater, Jason Knapp, and we started on the west side of the lake. I started with the redeye because I had success the day before. Nothing. Jason started catching them with a combination of fluke and senco. I switched. LOL. I caught a couple decent smallies. We then moved into the channels, throwing sencos under and around anything we could find. Lots of smaller size largies. I did manage one keeper. Jason was culling by this time. Late in the day, I still had only 3 fish on board. I was getting desperate. I had tried everything in my tackle bag. We headed over toward the launch around 1:45. I told Jason, "right over there is where I caught that one really nice one on Friday". We headed in that direction. I ended up catching my biggest of the day. Another smallie, on a Husky Jerk, of all things. I threw my arms off for the next 20 mins, but could not find that 5th fish anywhere. I felt pretty good about the tourney. It was definatly a tough bite for most. I ended up in the top half of the fishermen somewhere. I want to thank my boater, Jason for the time of my life. It was an awesome day, and he is one heck of a fisherman, as the results show. He was very helpful and I learned a great deal. All in all, it was a tremendous experience.

Eric

I did the stupid senko thing in the stupid channels.  Culled once and still didn't hit 8 pounds.
www.BassinWithEric.com

Team houston

What was the winning weight?

Eric

13, then 3 11s, a ten, a nine, a couple 8s, some 7s and so on.  From what what I remember anyways.
www.BassinWithEric.com

motocross269

Congrats to everyone that made the team....Wish i could have been there to donate my cash... ;D