email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Linked Events

• TBF of MI State Championship: June 04, 2011
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 2011 State Championship  (Read 23474 times)

Waterfoul

• 7.89 New Personal Best!
  • GLBass.com Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Is it tournement season yet???
  • View Gallery
Re: 2011 State Championship
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2011, 11:00:29 PM »

We're gonna try to make it...  it's a ways out yet so maybe it could happen.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Waterfoul

• GLBass.com Sponsor
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2011, 04:02:47 PM »

FYI to all:  Our fearless leader has given bogus information!

The Wooded Acres Campground phone number is:

989-422-3413

The message on their machine gives Dave's cell phone number.  I'm not going to post it here... that wouldn't be prudent on my part.

website is

www.woodedacrescampground.net
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Team houston

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2011, 08:39:51 AM »

I would strongly consider attending if I could find someone to ride up with that Fri mid morning or early afternoon. Sharing gas and room. I am in Redford.

tjrock

« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2011, 08:09:39 PM »

I made my reservation at the Riviera. I will be heading up on Thursday evening, can't wait!!! ;D

Waterfoul

• GLBass.com Sponsor
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2011, 05:35:02 PM »

Just made my reservation at the camp ground.  It was like $22 a night for the tent and a pull thru spot with electric.  Not bad.  And he says that for us he's not going to strictly enforce the check out time since we are going to be kinda busy at that time!

mikesmiph

• Mike Smith
  • GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2011, 09:43:35 AM »

Anyone looking to share a room, maybe a ride up? I'm planning on leaving the Flint area very early Friday morning, fishing all day, coming home Sunday. Let me know.

markgoetsch

• GLBass Friends
  • Master Angler
  • View Gallery
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2011, 07:41:21 AM »

I also have a room and if anyone wants to split they would be more than welcome.  Yes it has two beds...I'll be heading up early that thursday and coming home after the tourney saturday.

mikesmiph

• Mike Smith
  • GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2011, 04:16:19 PM »

Results?

Eric

• Legend
  • www.reelresponsesolutions.com
  • View Gallery
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2011, 10:27:07 AM »

The fish won. One 3 pound fish weighed in and only 10 limits I think.

In no particular order:

Marc Snyder
Jason Knapp
Don Watts
Mark Goetsch
Rick Roberts
Bill Simpson
Mark Modrak
Randy Ramsey
Skip Johnson
Me and 2 others I apparently forgot.

LAPORTE

« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2011, 11:59:34 AM »

Congrats to whom all made it.  Wish I could have been there to support you all. Go Michigan !!!!

DL
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Team houston

« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2011, 12:57:58 PM »

How about some details from some of you that fished. Especially those who made the team. How you caught your fish etc...

markgoetsch

• GLBass Friends
  • Master Angler
  • View Gallery
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2011, 02:15:45 PM »

Fishing was very tough.  I caught all my fish in the canals some males on beds and some crusing the weed line.  When they were on the bed I caught them on a brovarney swim jig with a revolution bait kick'r craw.  When they were cruising I caught them on a wacky rigged senko.  The wacky rig seemed to make a differance because my nonboater was throwing one texas rigged all day with only one fish then he switch to wacky for the last hour and added 3 more fish to his side of the livewell.

bsimpson

« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2011, 03:45:17 PM »

I caught 4 out of 5 in the channels, mainly under docks and boats. Fished a wacky rigged worm most of the day. Caught a ton of fish, but no monsters, but for only my second TBF tourney, I'm thrilled with my finish and excited and honored to have made the state team.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 08:20:22 AM by bsimpson »

LGMOUTH

« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2011, 09:39:48 PM »

I caught all of my fish on the main lake. I had three decent smallies on beds that I found the day before, I caught them pretty quick in the morning. Went to my second spot and caught my big fish which was a largemouth on a C-flash crankbait, I also caught a couple more smallies there on a crankbait. I went to a spot that I found Monday when I was there that had some smallies on beds. I wound up catching a good one there Im sure was off a bed. When I was there on Monday I found alot of smallies on beds on the west shoreline. Unfortunately with all of the wind they had during the week it was all muddied up and had pushed all the shallow fish off their beds, the one that I caught over there was in deeper water. I wound up catching some more on the crankbait but nothing that would help. All in all it was a pretty good day of fishing.
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

Team houston

« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2011, 06:43:34 AM »

Great job Don. Anybody else?

mikesmiph

• Mike Smith
  • GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2011, 08:35:56 AM »

I was there on Friday prefishing. Caught 3 keeper size smallies and two nice walleye, all on a redeye shad. All off the south shore. On Saturday, I defered to my boater, Jason Knapp, and we started on the west side of the lake. I started with the redeye because I had success the day before. Nothing. Jason started catching them with a combination of fluke and senco. I switched. LOL. I caught a couple decent smallies. We then moved into the channels, throwing sencos under and around anything we could find. Lots of smaller size largies. I did manage one keeper. Jason was culling by this time. Late in the day, I still had only 3 fish on board. I was getting desperate. I had tried everything in my tackle bag. We headed over toward the launch around 1:45. I told Jason, "right over there is where I caught that one really nice one on Friday". We headed in that direction. I ended up catching my biggest of the day. Another smallie, on a Husky Jerk, of all things. I threw my arms off for the next 20 mins, but could not find that 5th fish anywhere. I felt pretty good about the tourney. It was definatly a tough bite for most. I ended up in the top half of the fishermen somewhere. I want to thank my boater, Jason for the time of my life. It was an awesome day, and he is one heck of a fisherman, as the results show. He was very helpful and I learned a great deal. All in all, it was a tremendous experience.

Eric

• Legend
  • View Gallery
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2011, 11:06:31 AM »

I did the stupid senko thing in the stupid channels.  Culled once and still didn't hit 8 pounds.

Team houston

« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2011, 09:54:31 AM »

What was the winning weight?

Eric

• Legend
  • View Gallery
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2011, 02:26:04 PM »

13, then 3 11s, a ten, a nine, a couple 8s, some 7s and so on.  From what what I remember anyways.

motocross269

« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2011, 01:56:34 PM »

Congrats to everyone that made the team....Wish i could have been there to donate my cash... ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge