Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:51:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Well It's Almost Here - Zona's Awesome Fishing Show

Started by djkimmel, December 12, 2010, 08:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Hang onto your seats and get ready to ride the Z-Train for 2011!! Actually starting a day early - December 31st on The Outdoor Channel - Zona's Awesome Fishing Show promises to be even better than the world's greatest!

Get warmed up for Z craZy show with a little of the old annual 'Running of the Beast!'

No snow angel this year.

More video on 'info' on the already (in)famous Z-BLOG. Watch past show VIDEOZ.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Dan

"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

djkimmel

Will you be watching it? I will. Either with the DVR or right then and there!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mike S.

I have it locked on the DVR.  I will be at the Great Wolf Lodge in TC with the family, so I won't get to watch it till the 1st.  I loved the World's Greatest Fishing Show.  Zona is a clown, and keeps it interesting.  This show will be all bass fishing I believe.  That rocks.

djkimmel

Check out his new Zona's Awesome Fishing Show intro on the home page of the new website if you haven't yet. Has anyone done a better air guitar than that before!?! Spladoosh!

Dan

Zona is one talented guy! He and Swindle could make millions on a comedy tour if they so desired. The two of them can make you laugh till it hurts. I loved his old show and will be a groupie, or is that groupy, muskie, muski, musky, muskee.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

t-bone

Someone call child protective services ;-) I guess that is why we all have kids!
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

djkimmel

Wait until you see Zona and Mercer together in one boat...

Dan, I think for the proper use of the term in relation to Zona... it would be 'grouper.'

dartag

Well did anyone watch it.  It showed up on my DVR.   They were up north not sure what lakes but they all looked big and clear.  Anyone know what lakes.  Caught some big smallies.  Looked like they had windy weather. 

LennyB

Zona's Awsome Fishing Show airs tonight at 8:00PM on the Outdoor Channel (Comcast Chanel #730 in Canton area).

djkimmel

Quote from: dartag on December 31, 2010, 04:30:28 PM
Well did anyone watch it.  It showed up on my DVR.   They were up north not sure what lakes but they all looked big and clear.  Anyone know what lakes.  Caught some big smallies.  Looked like they had windy weather. 

You must have a 'magic' DVR?!? It's not supposed to be on until 8 PM! But that sounds about like what I heard. Looking forward to seeing it. I'll have to watch a recording later tonight.

dartag

we here in union lake have special connections.  it was on at 11:00 am this morning.  found it last week on   http://www.outdoorchannel.com/   the schedule is posted.  I have 2 DVR's set for the next 2 weeks.

Remember I am a pro couch fishermen.  I don't go outside until April if I don't have to.

djkimmel

Jeez...? Maybe I already have it too? I live in the Capital?!? Seems like I only remember seeing it on at 8 PM. I just got home from dinner so I haven't tried to watch it yet.

Dan

They were definitely in Michigan's Great Northwest Corner. I see they were on Green, Leelanau, Skeg, the Bay, and most likely Charlevoix. The picture of KVD jumping out of the boat with no dock had me stumped.
Anybody else recognize spots?

dartag

did he say what the date was.  can't remember.  tree color looked nice.   Might have to think about driving to that end of the planet in Oct for the DK open.   My boat has never been that far from home.

fiker

I missed it, and don't have a DVR.  I did find out that it is on Sunday at 8:00 AM.

It looks to me like Z will air on Fridays at 11Am and 8PM.  Sat at 9AM and Sunday at 8AM.

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Mike S.

I watched it as soon as we got home from Traverse today.  It recorded at 11 am for me, and I just couldn't get the car to go fast enough to get home today.  Too many 45 and 50 mph spots on 31. 

I did enjoy the show.  Did anyone else find Kevin Van Zona to be amusing?  Man did they catch some nice fish.  Can't wait for Skegemog in October!

djkimmel

dartag, you only live once. Live it up this new year and go on a road trip with us!

dartag

Quote from: djkimmel on January 02, 2011, 02:57:48 AM
dartag, you only live once. Live it up this new year and go on a road trip with us!

last offer I had like that was in 1973.  My buddies were headed to a greatful dead concert in a VM Microbus and wanted me to go along.  Didn't go but I can remember that bus going out of site with smoke coming out every window. 

mikesmiph

Got a chance to see the show at 8am Sunday. Awesome show. I would pay so much money to go fishing with either of those guys, one time. The show really got me pumped for the fall DKopen. Again, great choice Dan. Wish I could get a couple waypoints from KVD lol.