Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:24:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

ATTENTION BASS TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR, PROMOTER, HOLDER TYPES

Started by djkimmel, November 22, 2010, 10:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

I HAVE NOT DECIDED IF I WILL TRY THIS FOR 2012 YET. I'LL POST AN UPDATE IF I CAN GET SOME SAFE SOFTWARE SETUP TO DO SOMETHING USEFUL AND BETTER THAN WHAT IS OUT THERE NOW.

I will be coming up with some type of look up process for www.michiganbasstournaments.com for the 2011 season so please, send me your Michigan tournament schedules as soon as you have them set so they will be included. I expect MichiganBassTournaments.com to be the main source for Michigan bass tournament schedules by next year with many potential new entrant anglers finding your opens and circuits by the time I'm done linking and promoting it.

I also own basstournaments.net so if you have tournaments outside of Michigan, I expect to be developing a method for anglers to find tournaments anywhere between now and next year sometime also, so please include them if you want them on a great domain that should end up with lots of traffic as I develop it.

Please email your schedules and as much information as you can provide about entry fee, separate big bass, membership fee if applicable, format, date, body of water, launch ramp, tournament times, check in time and contact information for participants including a phone number, email and website - all that apply - to NEW EMAIL ADDRESS COMING IF I DO THIS FOR 2012

If you can send them in a table or lined up somehow that would be a big help. If you prefer to use snail mail and the old paper method, I hope you don't have a ton of tournaments ;D please mail to:

GreatLakesBass.com
PO Box 27424
Lansing MI 48909

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

If you have non-bass tournaments you care to get more exposure for, I can accommodate other types too if the demand is great enough through additional domains that I will develop to meet demand. So send those to if you have them.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

MadWags

Real men of genius!

Here's to you Mr. BASS TOURNAMENT PROMOTER/HOLDER TYPES
;D
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

dominater

Quote from: MadWags on November 23, 2010, 05:19:25 AM
Real men of genius!

Here's to you Mr. BASS TOURNAMENT PROMOTER/HOLDER TYPES
;D

Announcer:  Today we salute you Mr. Bass Tournament Promoter.  While most of us go home after work and watch the news, you log-on to every web fishing forum in your region, trying to recruit one more angler to fish your Saturday morning tournament.  Promising 100% payback, prize raffles, and food after the tournament, you believe your tournament is the Bassmaster Classic, if only people would fish it.

Guy singing in the background:  I love to fish!

Announcer:  Not satisfied with your 10 boat turn-out last week, you will do whatever it takes to get to 100 boats in the next event, even if it means calling everyone in your contact list to make sure they are fishing, twice.  Fish Fishburne wouldn't take no for an answer, and neither will you.

Guy singing in the background:  I've got the best payback around!

Announcer:  So crack open an ice cold Bud Light Mr. Bass Tournament Promoter

LAPORTE

2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

MadWags

Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

djkimmel

Shoot! I'll bet it's copyrighted though or I would use it!!

Frank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmn25jAXkTs

ok, im not sure if that will work but it should be a link to youtube for, budlights Mr bass plaque maker

djkimmel

djkimmel

UPDATE 2013: This is still on hold for me due to other high priority projects. I believe a few people are trying to put lists together. I will get to this. Tournament Directors will have to help when I do though - there are way too many circuits and tournaments now for me to enter all of them or even try to track them all down.

djkimmel

IMPORTANT SUGGESTION: When you do list your tournaments in a post anywhere on GreatLakesBass.com - AFTER you create the new post look to the bottom of the post for the LINK TO  CALENDAR link. Click on that and you can select the date(s) of your event - add a short calendar title such as Big Time Open and save it.

This will list your tournament on the forum Calendar making it much easier for anglers to find the events. PLUS, the calendar feature automatically feeds linked events to other parts of the website where more people and Search Engines can pick up your posted events better! Thanks!

djkimmel

UPDATE 7/2017: Well... this is a project I've really wanted to do but haven't come up with the money to pay someone to do it right, or found the software that will do what I want without a ton of development work time I don't have... I still want to do it but it's a little moot for Michigan now kind of considering the new MDNR MFTIS application has all the Michigan bass tournaments on it. For now, I recommend that for sure: www.michigan.gov/fishingtournaments

Also, don't forget and miss the tip above about linking your tournament to the GreatLakesBass.com forum calendar. It's fast and easy to do this additional step to get your tournaments more notice faster. See the post just above.