Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:12:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Want your input to make up my mind

Started by Mike S., November 07, 2010, 07:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike S.

I am buying a Humminbird 1197c in the next week or so.  I'm not buying one that is already preloaded with the Navionics cards.  So, what I want to know is, which card should I buy?  I want to buy the best one, so which is it?  Thanks.  I didn't look back to see if this has been posted before, so hopefully I didn't just ask a repeat question.

LAPORTE

Good question. I need a card for my 997 as well ...
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Mike S.

Eric?  Where are you?  What card do we want?

Genie

Michigan waters only - lakemaster!!!!!!!  Everywhere else (plus Michigan) - navionics
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

fiker

It may be just me, but the lakemaster allows me to zoom in much closer on the maps. 

The Navionics has some lakes that the Lakemaster does not.   I put Navionics on both units.  I wish I had put the Lakemaster on the dash.
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

BryanP

Overall, I would go with Navionics, especially if you're fishing Lake St Clair or Lake Erie.  The guys who really like the Lakemaster stuff are typically fishing the west side of the state, and on those lakes it may very well be better.  I have both, and the Navionics is far better on the great lakes.  Get the Hot Maps Premium, either East or North.  Michigan is on both, so look at their coverage area and decide what suits you best.

Mike S.

Well, Muskegon lake is pretty much my back yard, so I guess the Lakemaster card will do just fine.  But, I am hooked on LSC.  So I guess I need to buy the best one with the entire state of Michigan on it.

Eric

Eric who?  I don't know any Eric.

If you plan on using it primarily over there on those garholes where you live, the Michigan Lakemaster chip is hard to beat.  That is only for Michigan though.  For statewide and use out of Michigan, the Navionics Premium chip is the one in my mind.  Both the east and north chip cover Michigan.  I have the east because it covers more of the states that I frequent.  That is what I have in my 1197.  I do notice a difference in putting a chip in a Lowrance vs a Humminbird, with the Lowrance seeming to be better with my chip.  You can get the navionics premium chip for about $30 or so more than the Lakemaster chip and get about 9500 more lakes.  Having said all that, stay off my woodpile.   :D

www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

Mike S.

WOOD pile?  Don't know what you're talking about.  Nothing like that in the lakes I fish. ???

BryanP

Quote from: Eric on February 01, 1974, 12:22:09 AMThat is what I have in my 1197.  I do notice a difference in putting a chip in a Lowrance vs a Humminbird, with the Lowrance seeming to be better with my chip.

I'm kinda curious what's "better" about it, as the data on the chip is the same data, regardless of what unit it's in?

Firefighter Jeff

Mike and Eric, you guys are too funny!!!!!   Thanks for the smiles  !!!

Eric

Bryan, it seemed like when I plugged the chip into a 332, it was more detailed and showed more things than it did in the HB.  It didn't make sense to me either, but that's what I saw, and the difference was pretty clear.  So I ended up moving some chips around to put whatever chip seemed to be the best in whatever unit, because I have various chips and various units on the boat.  And when I travel, I have to move them around more, becuase some chips don't have some places, or are better than others for certain places.  It's a great problem to have though. ;D
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

BryanP

Check your Chart settings on the HB.  It might just be a simple adjustment.  You can change the detail shown like "spot soundings" for instance, and also shade depth which is something I don't think you can do with the 332.

Mike S.

Quote from: Firefighter Jeff on November 08, 2010, 10:29:19 PM
Mike and Eric, you guys are too funny!!!!!   Thanks for the smiles  !!!
Glad someone enjoys it.

SethV

I use the Navionics Premium-E chip.  Covers a huge area - many lakes are in HD with 1' contours.

Never tried Lakemaster, but if it only covers Michigan you have to buy mulitiple chips for the other 7-8 months of the year Michigan has a closed season

jgip087

Navionics Premium east or north, choose whichever region you fish more. It has a ton of bang for your buck! I believe I have the east chip and I have used it from Escanaba to Kentucky Lake and it is dead on!
www.sure-life.com - please help ensure the
survival of your catch
www.poorboysbaits.com