Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:12:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Mojo Classic

Started by River Walker, October 23, 2010, 02:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

River Walker

Heard rumors of the 1st annual Mojo Classic on LSC,was just wondering if anybody else has heard any news of this.

MadWags

Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

Mojo

Well then, if we did dream this up, I would want to do something special for the end of the year. Like a dual Bass tournament.

50% to the biggest 5 bass bag, and 50% to a Bass Hawg Hunt (i.e. Big Bass tournament). So if we set this for Nov 6th, it would officially be the last tournament on LSC.

$50 bucks a boat and at an estimated 48 boats (-$200 for a lunch banquet afterwards) we would have $1100 to pay out the 5 biggest fish and $1100 for the Hawg Hunt. Pay out $700 for first, and $250 for second and $150 for third for each tournament.

HERE WOULD BE THE CATCH: - when you arrive to the scales - each fish must be declared to which tournament they are for. They cannot be counted for both tournaments. Means that if your Team has a big bass fish, then it goes to the Hawg Hunt, and you present another 5 fish for the 5 fish tourney. 1 Hawg submitted per team. 1 bag of 5 fish per team.

Hopefully this prevents 1 team from cleaning house but you never know. To be submitted for the Hawg Hunt, the bass must be 4.0 lb or greater.

Need to establish if we launch from Elizebeth Park ?? 7:45 - 3:45 and 2 flights (4 pm).

PM me if you would be interested in establishing this idea as an end of the year celebration of Lake St Clair / Erie for 2011 !!!!! IF you have somethng negative to say about the format, PM  so we can discuss. If you love it, endorse us here.

PS: I need a partner who isnt going to run to Tennessee for their fish and I'll be happy !
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

Frank

I'm in.   Ill bring my boat.   Its little but it floats.  Allow. Cell phones so I can gps my way baack when I get lost.

Skulley

Mojo Classic, huh.  Now I have heard it all.    ::)    What's next................the MadWags Invitational?!?!     :o

BD                   ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

mikesmiph

WHAT? you've never fished the invitational yet? You dont know what you're missing.

Skulley

Quote from: mikesmiph on October 24, 2010, 10:49:12 PM
WHAT? you've never fished the invitational yet? You dont know what you're missing.

Oh yes I do!!!!    :o     :o      :P     Nothing!!!           8)

BD              ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

MadWags

Mojo... I am helping my nephew move on the 6th.
Mikesmiph... Dog doesn't fish tournaments.
BigDog... there will never be a MadWags Invitational.

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

River Walker

I'm in,is Hump 23 in bounds?

River Rat

I might be convinced, I vote for Elizabeth.  I doubt it's safe light @ 0730 though.
Dearborn, MI and Lake Wales, FL

Skulley

Quote from: MadWags on October 25, 2010, 07:20:05 AM

In my 52 years I have learned to never say never Wags.

BD.               ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Mojo

Riverwalker was just kidding - as am I - but Madwags was right ....................... UAW doesnt fish tournaments ....  :o

Anyway - REALLY - I'd love to have one more fall tournament on LSC / Erie but I havent planned far enough in advance and I would need more horsepower from NBAA / BFL friends. Lets talk over winter about it and maybe we can set a banquet style event for the end of the year because LSC / Erie Bass do indeed deserve a rightous sendoff.

Im out.

Skulley

This statement is not entirely true Wags. You should check your sources. It doesn't sound credible. If you really would like to know what I do, you should probably ask someone with integrity and credibility like ..............me since that is who that statement is about. I know that I haven't told you or anyone else that. And if I have, who says and do you really believe that?? I do know that on this forum sight as well as any forum sight, there are persons that if b. s. were music they would be brass bands. You know it, I know it, and they especially know it.

So now let me clear up any rumours that you have heard or may have heard pertaining to the UAWBigDog. The fact is I do fish tournaments. I just don't fish as many since my son is involved in travel soccer. I find it much more important to be an involved parent rather than
make a commitment to a kid or kids and then not go to game days because I would rather
fish. What kind of message does that send to the kids or your kid for that matter?? That is
not good. Anyway I fish a few spotty NBAA events during the week. I also fish as many of
my club events as I can. When I have fished them, I fish with my kids mostly because I want to be involved in my kids lives. They just grow up way too fast.

My whole point is that blind statements shouldn't be made unless there are facts to back them up.

BD.                               ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

MadWags

Thanks for clearing that up.
I stand corrected.
Hope to see you at the next DK Open.

Skulley

Unfortunately Wags, the DK Opens have fallen on soccer game days. As soon as one doesn't fall on a game day, I am in with all the kidding aside about Megan Fox which was the on going joke as you well know. That was used as a reason why I didn't fish it. But the real reason was soccer. I am glad I could clear all that up.

You know what Wags?  You're all right. I don't care what Mojo says about you.   :-X

BD.               ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Mojo

This site reeks when people feel the need to high jack a topic and make it about themselves .... If you are interested in a new twist on a  Fall Classic - A LSC 1/2 hog hunt and 1/2  5 bag style tournament, add to the topic. IF you want to beat your integritous drum, create your own topic folks ..... go be Stand corrected ... kiss ... kiss make up like powder puffs .... somewhere else ... gees!

8)

greatlakesbassdotcom

Site don't reek! People reek! That's just this site's opinion... :o ;D