Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:07:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

I'm not good at asking for things but I'm asking now

Started by djkimmel, September 22, 2010, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Been an 'interesting' summer... lost the old day job of 9 years back in the middle of June. Been trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my life ever since. Then my wife gets sick. For about a week and a half in particular of several weeks of mystery illness and a lot of home time, it was kind of scary. Even spent a couple long nights in the ER. Sitting. And waiting. Waiting and sitting. Actually, I'd have probably needed to be admitted too if I hadn't already been home anyway during those weeks.

Doctors argued for a while and confused us greatly, but finally her main doctor put everything together and came up with the probable cause. So my wife's been a lot better now knowing what do.

Unfortunately, she has to have surgery next Wednesday for a permanent fix. The surgeon and her doctor are both confident we can get away with more minimal surgery so it would be nice if you all think kind thoughts between now and next Wednesday afternoon. Maybe for a few days after too for good measure. The kids from the Big Ten need boaters and I'll do my part if I can trust leaving her home for a couple days with her Mom and the (dratted) cats.

We both would much rather see a couple hour surgery and a one or two week recovery than something more drastic at a time we don't really need it. Of course, I just want her to get better first and foremost. Thank you.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

MadWags

Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

LAPORTE

Hang in there Dan, Things will get better. I will have you in my prayers ...

Along with Coach Rod..... GO BLUE !!!!   see i knew i could get a smile out of you...   ;D

LaPorte 
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

mikesmiph

I'm the same way Dan. Its so hard to ask for help, but so easy for you to give to others. Its time for you to ask, and not worry about it. There are many many people in this world that owe you BIG TIME. You are one of the most giving people I have ever had the pleasure meeting. Please give us the chance to give back to you. Please ask, if there is anything at all that you need. We are here for you. I'm not far from you. I'd be honored to sit in the waiting room with you and hold your hand, if thats what you needed. Please call if there is anything at all you need. In the meantime, my prayers will be there. Give your wife a big hug from all of us.

t-bone

Good luck to your wife and you shouldn't feel bad about asking for help - we all need it, just some more than others! You've built a lot of goodwill and a stockpile of favors - take advantage!
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

FOB

Dan,

You and your wife will be in our thoughts and prayers.
Ralph Blasey
Wonderland Marine West  734-417-5550

McCarter

Dan

"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

djkimmel

Thank you all so much. Running this web site is probably better than therapy thanks to each of you.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

fiker

Prayers sent my friend.

Friends are all about helping each other out. 

I too find it easier to give help than to ask for it.  But ya know, we all need some help every once in a while.

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

karol

he brother, ain't nothing that catches God by mistake. he knows what your'e going through and wer'e told to lift each other up so we are doing that now,
Dear Lord. please be with Dan and the misses right now and give them strenthg right now and you healing touch.. amen
karol 574.354.7369 ph

SClapper

Dan,
I have you and your wife on my prayer list.  Always remember God is in charge and the power  of prayer is remarkable.

Steve Clapper

djkimmel

Thanks friends. I'm lucky to know every one of you.

Firefighter Jeff

I'll be thinking and praying for you and your wife Dan.  And I'd like to think I'm pretty helpful but, I don't think I'd hold your hand, maybe pat your back but NOT hold your hand  !!!!!!  lolololol     :D   :D   :D

motocross269

Dan good luck and prayers sent....I went through the same thing a few weeks ago with my wife...Scary times for sure and it kind of puts things in perspective...
We will be thinking of you guys...
B

djkimmel

Thanks. And as far as hand-holding, I'll probably be wringing them both and doing a bunch of nervous twiddling. I'm pretty good at that.

djkimmel

Whew... tired. Long night. We got to the hospital at 12:30 and they tag-teamed us because the surgeon (someone I used to work with and even took fishing once many moons ago) was running fast (also common with him). Angie ended up going in to surgery an hour and 20 minutes early. Only one of the 'Moms' even made it before she was done.

The surgeon came trotting out after only about 40 minutes saying everything went fast and smooth.

It was about 2 hours before I got to go see her for the first time though. Made the requisite phone calls during that time. Me and the 'Moms' got to see her.

Things went real smooth up to that point. Unfortunately, Angie had a reaction, probably to anesthesia, and had lots of nausea so we waited and waited while she tried to sleep it off. Sent the Moms home. I think we got out of there finally a little after 8 PM. Still not too bad.

Still lots of nausea at that point every time she gets up but she wanted to be home instead (me too). They had already given her everything they could for nausea.

All night was a recurrence of getting up and being sick. And another minor but troublesome complication started up. At 5 AM this morning we finally got the nausea under control to a point. Now we are waiting until 1 PM to see the surgeon again to take care of the other complication.

She was able to eat something finally at 8 AM this morning. Drinking a lot more water now too. So no dehydration worries hopefully now.

All in all, pretty good considering all possibilities. I guess the slightly bumpy night balanced out the too smooth surgery. I think by late this afternoon, we'll be in normal recovery  mode (cross my fingers).

LAPORTE

2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Firefighter Jeff

Glad to hear things are looking up Dan  !!!!    ::)  <------ See, looking up.  lol