Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:58:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2010 Fall West DK Open members' bass tournament results White Lake

Started by djkimmel, September 12, 2010, 10:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Here's the official results from White Lake for the 9/11/2010 Fall West DK Open GreatLakesBass.com members' bass fishing tournament. Sure it rained all day and it was on the cold side, but we still caught bass and had fun!!

Place  Team Members                     # Bass  Big Bass  Total Weight
1st    Genie1 / djkimmel                     4      3.491        10.15
2nd    Firefighter Jeff / bassassasin88      5                    9.80
3rd    Cy / TCook                            3      3.08          7.60
4th    Bassin Bero / Eric                    3                    6.45
5th    TritonTR20 / mikeszr800               3                    5.95
6th    1javelin / stcroixnick                2                    4.85
7th    bassfan5862 / willybutch              0                    0.00
8th    mikesmiph / Veronica                  0                    0.00

1 Big bass winner with 3.49 pounds largemouth
2 Big ugly winner with 9.98 pounds sheephead

Really, Genie won by himself since, as he put it, I tried to sabotage us by only catching pike (I did cull out a smaller pike for a bigger pike later in the day but it was no match for Twopeat big ugly winner bassfan586's big sheepy) and losing a mini-toad bass at the side of the boat in the morning. I'm pretty sure I said, "get the net." But I might have said, "uh oh, I don't know about this one" or something similar... ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

First to weigh in was last year's fall DK Open West big ugly winner
bassfan586 carrying a heavy bag. It initially looked the event might
already be won!

But no bass at all this time unfortunately for the Eastsider. Just
another solid entry into the big ugly contest which he easily won
with this huge 9.98 pounds freshwater drum - BIG sheepy!! ;D I
like that he is happy too! He brought along and fished with new
member willybutch.

Next up, 1javelin with a nice bass. Part of he and new member stcroixnick's
2 bass catch for 4.85 and 6th place.

Eric drove all night to get back from Patoka Lake and TBF of Michigan victory
just to fish the DK Open. Love that! Thanks Eric. Here's Eric and Bassin
Bero with 2 of their 3 bass for 6.45 pounds and 4th place.

Cy can't believe his eyes! Here's the 3 bass he and TCook caught for 3rd
place. 7.60 pounds worth despite the all day cold rain.

Firefighter Jeff and bassassasin88 caught the only limit of the rainy day
for 9.80 pounds but fell a few ounces short of a win despite catching
more keepers than any other team. Good for a solid 2nd place!

5th place finishers mikeszr800 and TritonTR20 weighed 3 bass for 5.95
pounds.

2010 Fall West DK Open champ Genie (R) caught  4 largemouth bass
weighing 10.15 pounds including the big bass of the day at 3.49
pounds despite being stuck the whole rainy day with me (djkimmel).
He wanted to thank LGMOUTH for not coming back from his big
tournament at Patoka in time to fish any of his spots!! ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

And here's the whole gang that fished except me (taking the pic), and mikesmiph and Veronica who was not able to stay the whole day. Just too much cold rain (the whole time we fished) for a tough 8 year old to last all day. I watched her fish for quite a while despite the rain though!

From left: TritonTR20, mikeszr800, Eric, Bassin Bero, willybutch, bassfan586,
Cy, Genie, 1javelin, TCook, Firefighter Jeff, stcroixnick, bassassasin88

djkimmel

Here's the lucrative winnings and prizes for the White Lake fall west DK Open bass fishing tournament. You all should have been there for a shot at the good stuff donated by GreatLakesBass.com sponsor's and DK Open donaters!!! As far as the money, the event does only cost $7 per person to enter since the point of the event is a get to know fun event for anyone of any age or ability!

1ST PLACE - Genie / djkimmel
$40
2 - $10 Nemesis gift certificates
2 - Case Plastics O-Wacky Tools
4 - Case Plastics O-Wacky O-Rings
2 - Case Plastics Swim Bait Free Weights pack
2 - Angling AI Alpha Craws pack
2 - Case Plastics Salted Curly Craws pack
2 - Case Plastics Lil Sweet Ps pack
2 - Case Plastics Weighted Wacky Hooks pack
2 - Drop Shot Dennys Widowmaker Tubes pack
2 - Garnea Baits Packs
2 - Case Plastics Salted Big Stiks pack
2 - Case Plastics Salted Slim Stiks pack
2 - GreatLakesBass.com Caps (donated to another team)
2 - GreatLakesBass.com Red Long Sleeve Jerseys XL (donated to another team)

2ND PLACE - Firefighter Jeff / bassassasin88
$25
2 - $10 Nemesis gift certificates
2 - Case Plastics Lil Sweet Ps pack
2 - Case Plastics Salted Slim Stiks pack
2 - Case Plastics Salted Stiks pack
2 - Case Plastics Mad Toms pack
2 - Garnea Baits Packs
2 - Drop Shot Dennys Pro T-Sticks pack
2 - Drop Shot Dennys Widowmaker Tubes pack
2 - Case Plastics drop shot tubes pack
2 - Case Plastics O-Wacky tools
2 - Case Plastics O-Wacky O-Rings pack
2 - Case Plastics Swim Bait Free Weights pack
2 - Case Plastics Weighted Wacky Hooks pack
2 - GreatLakesBass.com Vented Hats

3RD PLACE - Cy / TCook
$15
2 - Case Plastics O-wacky tools
2 - Case Plastics Salty tubes pack
2 - Drop Shot Dennys Widowmaker tubes pack
2 - Case Plastics O-wacky o-rings pack
2 - Case Plastics drop shot tubes pack

4TH PLACE - Bassin Bero / Eric
2 - Case Plastics salty magic stiks pack
2 - Case Plastics Large Hellgrammites pack
2 - Case Plastics Lil Sweet Peas pack

BIG BASS - Genie 3.49 largemouth
$32
1 - $10 Nemesis gift certificate
National Angler Rod 6' spinning rod
WaveSpin Reel
1 - Garnea Baits Pack
1 - Angling AI Alpha Craw pack
1 - Case Plastics Swim Bait Free Weight pack
1 - Case Plastics Weight Wacky Hook pack
1 - Case Plastics O-Wacky tool
1 - Case Plastics O-wacky o-rings pack
1 - Drop Shot Dennys Pro T-sticks pack
1 - Case Plastics Slim Stiks pack
1 - GreatLakesBass.com Red Long Sleeve Jerseys XL

BIG UGLY FISH - bassfan586 9.98 pounds sheephead
WaveSpin Reel
1 - GreatLakesBass.com T-shirt
1 - Garnea Baits Pack
1 - Angling AI Alpha Craw pack
1 - Case Plastics Salty Tubes pack
2 - Drop Shot Dennys Pro T-sticks pack
1 - Case Plastics O-Wacky Tool
2 - Drop Shot Dennys Widowmaker tubes pack

Genie

I had an absolute blast at the event and fishing with Dan.  In his defense, the TOAD he lost was barely hooked and it would have been a miracle to get it in anyway.  He still didn't have to keep swatting at the fish with his rod to help the hook out ...

Great times at dinner as well - that is the best part of these events.  I've fished with other members before and you have fun with them in the boat during the day, but it is much more fun to hang with more members after ward and just shoot the bull.

Cy - where's the bag o bait?

Congrats to all that make the drive and survived the day.
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

djkimmel

Thanks for reminding me! I forgot to add that everyone got samples in the morning donated from Bucketmouth Baits and at the end, a random team was awarded two large packs of Buckemouth worms. Remind me who that was? 5th place or 6th I think? I forgot to write it down since everything outside of the fish cleaning spot was soaked!

Genie, I was not hitting the fish with my rod. Don't get peda after me. I do think I said, "I don't know what to do with this fish" since I saw the hooks were not probably sunk in. Darn rain coat!! Hey?!? Have to talked to LGMOUTH yet to thank him for not fishing?? ;D

Mike S.

Nobody said anything to me about dinner.  I would have gone and hung out for sure.  Dan, you gave one giant bag of worms to Bassin Bero, who was part of the 4th place team, and one to me.  I was on the 5th place team.

Genie

Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

djkimmel

We usually go to an easy place nearby. I thought everyone was in on the discussion as far as who could stay and who wanted to go home. We just went to a little bar around the corner. I would have probably been on it a little better if GENIE had made me go to sleep earlier than 2 AM Friday?!?!? ;D

bassfan586

Had a good time despite the rain and no bass this time.  Around 12:30 with no bass I switched to "big ugly" mode.  Sheep cannot resist a big bass sjig ;D  Anyone looking for a new spinning real should consider giving the wave spin a shot.  This is my second one and I have yet to have any problems with snarls on the cast.  Thanks to all the sponsers and to Dan.  Thanks for puiting on a great event.  Hope to see you all in the spring.

Brad
Got one!

djkimmel

Glad you had fun. I wasn't kidding about your future stardom!!

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: mikeszr800 on September 13, 2010, 03:34:04 PM
Nobody said anything to me about dinner.  I would have gone and hung out for sure.  Dan, you gave one giant bag of worms to Bassin Bero, who was part of the 4th place team, and one to me.  I was on the 5th place team.

Hmmmmmmm  I must have missed out on the dinner reservations.  I should have realized it and asked I suppose.  I guess I figured after such a lousy weather day everyone was more interested in getting out of town.  Wish I had stayed!!!  I hurried back to Ludington, got out of those wet clothes and cranked the trailer heater up and suffered through the Notre Dame game.  >:(

Firefighter Jeff

Dan, thanks so much for all the work it takes to put on a Open.  Thanks also to all the great sponsers.  The tackle pack we won is filled with a lot of great stuff I'm looking forward to trying.

Some other observations...

Could it have rained anymore in 6 hours than it did??  Interesting how it started as we motored out and quit when we were weighing in.

Was everyone's faces red from the cold or the peppering they took running on plane in the rain???  lolol

Have your shoes dried out yet???

Would a salmon have counted as a big ugly??  Maybe then I'd have a chance at a Wavespin.  lol

Boy the weather was beautiful Friday and Sunday.  lol

Wasn't it great seeing Herman in his own boat for the first time in months !!!!

Cudos to Mikesmiph for having such a great attitude after having to cut short his fishing day.

I wish the picture of Mikeszr800 and his broken fishing rod hadn't come out blurrry.  So did the pics of Herman in his boat.  I'm thinking the rain and moisture gremlins had something to do with it.

Aren't you glad we didn't have a cookout planned???  lolol

Thanks again to all the guys that made lengthy trips to fish saturday.   :)

1javelin

I enjoyed the trip and camaraderie, even though the fishing sucked.  My rain suit kept me dry for the most part, but lack of a GPS and no sun to see weeds with had me confused on where I was most of the day, so we spent a considerable amount of time pounding my favorite areas, to the tune of 1 three pounder.  Nick caught a keeper finally out of my boat, which was nice to see.  I'm thinking next time it would be really nice to make a weekend out of this and go North, like Traverse City area.  Some of us with families could still bring them along and they could sleep or whatever women do when men are fishing, and maybe even hang out afterward.  It did feel great to see the guys again, from the seat of my own boat, even though I think I wrote a check in the morning that I couldn't cash, something to the tune of thanks guys for showing up and donating your money to me.  Maybe I should have shut my mouth since we ended up first out of the prizes.  Nice to see all of you again, next time we need to drag along a few others.  Can't wait to see everyone at the Spring DK Open!!

1jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

Hooksetter

Quote from: Firefighter Jeff on September 13, 2010, 11:51:11 PM

Hmmmmmmm  I must have missed out on the dinner reservations.  I should have realized it and asked I suppose.  I guess I figured after such a lousy weather day everyone was more interested in getting out of town.  Wish I had stayed!!!  I hurried back to Ludington, got out of those wet clothes and cranked the trailer heater up and suffered through the Notre Dame game.  >:(

Yea, I suffered through the  :D MICHIGAN  :D game too, in the rain, at our family reunion. Hardly noticed the rain! GO BLUE!!!!!

Willie
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Bassin Bero

I had tons of fun despite the rain all day it was nice to meet some of the members looking forward to lake st clair in the spring. lets hope for better weather. thanks Dan and all the sponsors

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: Hooksetter on September 14, 2010, 08:53:35 PM
Quote from: Firefighter Jeff on September 13, 2010, 11:51:11 PM

Yea, I suffered through the  :D MICHIGAN  :D game too, in the rain, at our family reunion. Hardly noticed the rain! GO BLUE!!!!!

Willie

Hmmmmm Note to self:    Take Hooksetter off Christmas list !!!!!  LMBOOOOOO

djkimmel

Better take me off the list too!!! Driving home listening to that game was a GREAT cap to a fun day!! Wife even taped the game so I could 'watch' it again!!

Glad everyone had a good time. Sorry about missing some of you for dinner. If Genie had made me go to bed at a reasonable hour Friday night the rain would not have been enough to make me less smart when it comes to remembering the details.

I hope we'll do something different next year. Just not sure what that is yet.

TCook

I had a good time and thanks Dan for your hard work to put this together for the GLB members. For next year I really like the idea of having the fall DK open in northern michigan. I know its a long drive for most and that might cause some members to skip it but I am positive you will get atleast 20 people probably more. Alot of guys plan trips up there anyways and the fishing does not get any better. Most would make a weekend out of it anyways because its well worth it. Make the date in October and the fishing will be better and less tournaments to schedual around. Just a thought...
FISH HARD!!!

djkimmel

I started a new thread to discuss this suggestion for the 2011 event.