Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:36:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2nd annual Frosty Nuts Open

Started by McCarter, September 09, 2010, 09:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skulley

I really don't know what "frosty nuts" are either Wags, but if I was to hazard a guess, I would say that's what you get when you fish out in the cold too long.

BD.                       ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

McCarter

"Frosty nuts"  is a term my dad used last year when i told him i couldnt work that saturday cuz i was having a tournament.  he said "you guys are a bunch of frosty nuts fishing in this $#!+"

McCarter himself :-\'

t-bone

It sounds serious and mean, but then the emoticons throw me off.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

TCook

I don't know this bigdog but I find myself holding my tongue almost every time he posts. I wish GLB had a function where you could ignore all posts by a member. UAWbigdog you come off as a total jerk online and that last one about McCarter emoticon or not was uncalled for. Its a frickin tshirt don't get your panties in a bunch and chill out, go join a different site and make it not fun for some other group.
FISH HARD!!!

mikesmiph

Now, back to fishing tournament info. Hope I can make this tourney. Still not sure about the boat.

LipRip

MIBassKid

McCarter is in the same position as I am with the MSU team. We can't just order 3 or 4 shirts. Unless you want to pay 25$ a shirt just for us to break even. If you want one so bad, go buy a shirt and I'm sure he will allow you to take it to a screen printer to get it done yourself. Would you rather him say I'm not going to order 3 shirts in your size because they cost extra? If you do, I just said it for him. Drop it.

djkimmel

Fellow members,
It seems a little early in the year for this to start just yet, doesn't it? Could we hold off until at least early January?!? Please ;D

This fish are still biting...!!!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Okay. I just talked to UAWBigDog. He's upset about a number of things said here. He says he DID NOT post those 2 posts that have some people upset. They have been deleted (not by me) but they should be because 1) I prefer stuff like that be handled privately between the two parties; and 2) if he did not write them, they do not belong on here.

I have updated his account because I don't want anyone's account being misused by anyone else. If someone posts something we all want to know it was the actual person that wrote the post. Good passwords and not leaving an account open anywhere someone else can get to it are very important for this exact reason.

I'm considering this issue closed and hope that everyone thinks about always giving any member the benefit of the doubt. Especially in a situation that seems out of character, whether you feel it is a little or a lot out of character. Please no more negative comments on this issue.

I will be monitoring post times and IP address accesses along with the changes I already made to make sure someone else isn't using his account. I try very hard to keep this kind of thing from happening on here by spending extra time monitoring and blocking first while asking questions later.

Mojo

;D ;D

Anyway - back to Frosty nuts, who is in so far ??

PS: Leave ol Dog alone, he isnt a j*)#@$$ once you're in the boat with him ..... he just knows alot !
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

djkimmel

I actually do think it needs a headline sponsor. Like Kelloggs...!?! Can anyone make that happen?

Frank

im in, with Mojo.  Good thing he knows how to fish because this will be my first time.

Frank

Frank

REMINDER  Saturday day light savings time, switch your clocks back an hour or you'll be extra early.

djkimmel

Thanks for that reminder. Totally forgot but I do like more sleep!

McCarter

Heres the scoop fellas:

Day Light Savings is Sat night, dont forget to set those clocks back.

Im thinking with the time change we will be able to get on the water round 7:00 - 7:15 am so try to be at the ramp no later than 6:30 am. 

i dont know how many boats are going to be there.  Last year i think we had 14, cant remember tho.

I know of 6 or 7 for sure and a couple maybes.

Wont take long to collect money and check livewells, but heres the catch.....

they have started pulling water and the ramps at the east launch get shallow quick when this happens.  there is only one slot that is deep enough to launch and retrieve when this happens so we will be sharing it.  Please keep this in mind when loading and retrieving your boats.  i destroyed a prop last year trying to get "cute" and do a mini powerload.  be careful.  i will address this before the tournament and show everyone the good slip to put in at.

McCarter himself :-\'

dartag

me and Lola will be wrapped in a blankie on the couch watching fishing on TV.

See yall in April.

Durand Dan

DDBethke

Please Like my Facebook Page for the best Power-Pole pricing available!                                             http://www.facebook.com/TournamentReadyTackle
Optimum Baits Pro Staff
http://www.optimumbaits.com/
Reins Pro-Staff (Tungsten/Soft Plastics)
http://reinsfishing.com/
Twitter
http://twitter.com/DDBethke
Blog
http://duanebethkefishing.blogspot.com/