Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:42:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

hitting LSC friday morn

Started by bob o, August 26, 2010, 08:37:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob o

ing any reports on where to go (be nice) how deep to fish what are they hitting now?

fiker

I haven't been there in over a month, but friends say to fish deep.  14' or deeper.

Deep cranks, and play with the drop shot length until you find what works.
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

bob o

Quote from: fiker on August 26, 2010, 08:54:32 AM
I haven't been there in over a month, but friends say to fish deep.  14' or deeper.

Deep cranks, and play with the drop shot length until you find what works.

thanks just anwhere straight out from the "mile roads" till i hit 14'?

LAPORTE

I fished out there last Thursday in the northern open. You could not even think about throwing a crank or a trap. There was so much grass in the water it kept getting on your bait.... 

Good luck Bob... Oh by the way.  I still have not forgotten about the reel... I just have not made it out your way in a long while...
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

bob o

Quote from: LAPORTE on August 26, 2010, 09:58:21 AM

I fished out there last Thursday in the northern open. You could not even think about throwing a crank or a trap. There was so much grass in the water it kept getting on your bait.... 

Good luck Bob... Oh by the way.  I still have not forgotten about the reel... I just have not made it out your way in a long while...

hopfully the grass isn't too bad b/c i love to fish crankbaits, if it is too nasty w/grass i'll guess we'll just stick to tubes and dropshots or motor around till the grass is gone.
did you try that reel out yet? at 3.2:1 it's SLOW that's for sure

fiker

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

LAPORTE

[/quote]

did you try that reel out yet? at 3.2:1 it's SLOW that's for sure
[/quote]

No not yet,  Ive been working on the house since Mothers day. Im getting close to finishing up on the wifes new kitchen. I have some crown molding and window trim to do yet....
It's turned out to look great. With some awesome help from madwags.. whom I would never got this thing done with out...

laporte
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Eric

dborsa and I went out today.  It was real slow.  I think we caught 11 bass or so all day, and no big ones.  I had one on a crankbait but it threw it.  Dave got all his bass on a drop shot and I got all mine on tubes.  I did manage 3 big drum though.  The biggest one went 17-4.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

bob o

17-4 holy chit, all i got today was two smallies, and i lost crankbait rod w/quantum tour pt, shamino 7' rod and the topper, a cheetem painted goby crankbait, that sucked bad. oh well i'm fishing inland tomorrow

Eric

Ironically, I lost a crankbait rod yesterday.  I had two laying there, and (once again ironically) one had a Cheetam painted goby crankbait on it.  Luckily, the other one is the one that jumped overboard.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

djkimmel

Maybe you guys should take at look at the thread under Bass Boats about rod straps??????

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bob620

Wow,now I have another reason to like my Ranger 620,the floor is  lot deeper to the top of the gunwale.I have not lost a rod yet[knock on wood]by kicking it off the deck.The original reason I liked the high gunwale was I had less of a chance of falling over or tripping,well that didn't work out to good if you get my drift             

Bob690

Cheetam

Moral of the story...don't keep a crankbait I painted on your cranking rod or you will kick it over the side of the boat.
Jeff

karol

hey jeff, i promise if you send me a crappie colored crankbait,or bluegill i won't kick it out of my boat. caught a 20" on my neighbor's pond tuesday night on a bps shallow crank that i got from the clearance bin and the lost it to a tough weed even with 17 lb stren.
the bass on dewart like a shallow ricky clunn crank in the fall .but that is only for my brother. i'll use your insted..
karol beachy
9814 n 900 w
nappanee in 46550
is that to much "brown nosin"?

djkimmel

Not. Considering the trade off is Jamal from India now has your address and can send all those great offers to you!!! ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: bob690 on August 28, 2010, 12:58:25 AM
Wow,now I have another reason to like my Ranger 620,the floor is  lot deeper to the top of the gunwale.I have not lost a rod yet[knock on wood]by kicking it off the deck.The original reason I liked the high gunwale was I had less of a chance of falling over or tripping,well that didn't work out to good if you get my drift             

Bob690

Bob, my 2008 Stratos 294 has less gunwale than the 2002 18XL I had and it's VERY easy to kick or knock one over board, so I hear........   :-\'    :-X    :-[    >:(

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: karol on August 29, 2010, 09:57:21 PM
hey jeff, i promise if you send me a crappie colored crankbait,or bluegill i won't kick it out of my boat. caught a 20" on my neighbor's pond tuesday night on a bps shallow crank that i got from the clearance bin and the lost it to a tough weed even with 17 lb stren.
the bass on dewart like a shallow ricky clunn crank in the fall .but that is only for my brother. i'll use your insted..
karol beachy
9814 n 900 w
nappanee in 46550
is that to much "brown nosin"?

Hey Karol, we're practically neighbors.  Mishawaka here.  Actually golfed an outing at McCormick Creek a week ago.

bob o

my rods were straped down, but the trolling motor was not when we hit this huge wake the trollong motor bounced up so hard the steering cable caught either the butt of the rod or the reel and flipped overboard after it pulled the velcro rod strap open, when the TM came back down it kept the rest of the rods on the deck. strangest thing i've ever seen in my boat, well for about 15min. anyway. 15 min later at the mile roads getting ready to cast guess what 3 more huge wakes 10ft in front of the boat. they hit us bow first and the boat went up with the first one but the second and third wake flodded my front deck as the bow came down at least my feet got cooled off, we fished for another hour then packed it up and went home.

bassassasin88

bob0, let me know if you ever want company out there on St. Clair. I went twice last week. Monday was rough, big waves, at least for a 16 footer. Wednesday was beautiful. I got about 16 pounds, all but 1 on cranks. Most were caught in 9-14 foot, a couple were deeper. I stayed around 9, and 10 mile the whole day due to engine problems. All the grass floating on the surface was pretty annoying.

bob o

Quote from: bassassasin88 on August 30, 2010, 08:59:52 PM
bob0, let me know if you ever want company out there on St. Clair. I went twice last week. Monday was rough, big waves, at least for a 16 footer. Wednesday was beautiful. I got about 16 pounds, all but 1 on cranks. Most were caught in 9-14 foot, a couple were deeper. I stayed around 9, and 10 mile the whole day due to engine problems. All the grass floating on the surface was pretty annoying.

i'll keep ya in mind, funny that you got your fish in 9-14 at the mile roads. i fished way out in 16-17 fow and got nothing. we moved into 12-13 fow in front of grosse point club and got two right away on crankbaits. summer fishing on LSC makes no sence sometimes.