Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:44:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

pleasant hill resevoir

Started by bosshawg, August 28, 2010, 10:29:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bosshawg

visiting sister in ohio this tuesday/wednesday and will be hitting resevoir for some fishing. if any help out there, will be much appreciated. i got dnr map and doing some online searching for reports, but not to detail. the "dog days" are killing me here of late, but like my sister to have a good time (o we will)and to catch some fish.

thanks,
dave
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

dashaver63

Crankbaits and jigs aroung the ledges down by the dam should do the trick this time of year. Big largies and smallies in there. (and the occasional muskie)

River Walker

I live less than 10 minutes from this lake,and just fished it yesterday,can't get more current than that.I did well with deep cranks yesterday,and also hung a few on spinnerbaits early.When you leave the ramp area,stay on that side of the lake,you'll come to a small private swimmimg beach at that point,you'll see the big lodge on the opposite bank,keep going down the bank you're on until the main river channel swings over to the side you're on.The water drops down in a hurry all along this bank,you can fish this side all the way down to the spillway.I stay about 15 yards off the bank and fish deep cranks,the bottom is very rocky here,you have a 50/50 chance in this area of hitting smallies or green bass.Down by the spillway on the opposite side of the lake from spot one,you'll see a large cove(very near the spillway buoys)right out in front of this cove is a large flat,this is a great area to work either a lipless crank,or a spinnerbait.The whole shore.line from that point up to the lodge is deep and has a ton of submerged timber,and a lot of laydowns as well.The whole lower end of this lake is pretty clear,rocky and deep,which is why this is the end of the lake you can expect a few smallies along with the largemouth.The upper end is very shallow,has for the most part,a mucky bottom,and is stained water.The fishing up in there is mostly for largemouth.There's a ton of flooded timber up that way that has good jig fishing and spinnerbait fishing.Up that way just work either shoreline,just avoid the very shallow,prop grinding middle.There's a couple very nice relatively deep points not far from the ramps(one with a creek entering next to it),both are great crankbait spots.Lastly,right out in front of the public beach,just out from the ramps,there's 4 or 5 good humps in 8'-12' of water that usually produce a few nice fish.

bosshawg

thanks dashaver & much appreciated riverwalker. a very good descript of what to try when we are out there all day on wednesday. printed a copy of your post to have w/us.

Michigan Bass Busters

bosshawg

well we got on the water abt 8:30a.m. and fished 'til 4:30 w/only 2 fish in the boat. got my first fish, SM on a spider grub and looked to be a keeper size. hit the lure as soon as it hit the water. then caught a LM on a crankbait that would have not measured. but a enjoyable day on lake. even helped a local on a pontoon w/motor problems, so i towed him back across lake to his dock. down on the really shallow end he mentioned river channel in that area held muskie, so we tried for a bit throwin' spinnerbaits. to no avail did not pick up a thing in that area. fished quite a bit at dam end. couple other bass boats there, but did not see them catching anything.
sis had good time although no fish for her. mentioned a possible spring trip next year. maybe better & more fish.

Michigan Bass Busters

River Walker

Spring and later in the fall are definitely better times.For me,it's always been a feast or famine lake,I can fish it today and tear them up,and go back tomorrow and not hit anything.It's only a 1000 acre lake,and it receives a ton of pressure,not only from anglers,but from the pleasure boat crowd as well.There's a lot of big bass in there,but you really need to know spot on spots,if you know what I mean.I told you about the upper end,it's very shallow all across the middle,you need to stay along either bank up there.I really prefer that end of the lake due to the no-wake limits up there.There's a picture on the OGF site of a guy that fished there a couple of days ago in the NE Ohio section.He caught an absolute toad largemouth from that spot I told you to try by the small private beach.October and November traditionally are great months on that lake,and again in late April through the end of May.Wish you would've got into them better,if you go back,hopefully you'll have a banner day.