Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:38:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Recessed trolling motor foot pedal

Started by fiker, August 26, 2010, 10:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fiker

I have a 2004 Ranger 185vs.  I am considering putting in an aftermarket recessed trolling motor pan for the foot pedal. 

I've researched this a little bit.  The powder coated aluminum unit from Comfort Troll appears to be the best I've seen. 

Questions:

Does anyone have any experience with these, or other brands.

How hard is the install? 
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Genie

I have the comfort troll model ... installed it myself.  LOVE IT!  Hardest part about installation is getting your mind ready to see the massive hole you will be cutting in the deck of your boat.
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

Durand Dan

Quote from: Genie on August 26, 2010, 11:08:04 AM
I have the comfort troll model ... installed it myself.  LOVE IT!  Hardest part about installation is getting your mind ready to see the massive hole you will be cutting in the deck of your boat.
I hate those holes! Especially with my measuring abilities. Measure twice - cut wrong! ;D

fishstick

I put one in my skeeter one of the best things I've done to my boat! I've got the comfortroll model also installation is pretty simple Genie is right though the hardest part is getting mentally prepared for the hole in your front deck

LAPORTE

I helped a buddy put one in his older ranger. Everything went great. the hardest part was chipping out the foam or whatever that is just under the deck... I know it was very thick....

I have picked one up for my skeeter to do this winter. I have only had it for about a year now.... just keep puting it off... I don't mind running the motor with my foot in the air...
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

dartag

I have a 2002 185VS Ranger with the recessed pedal.   It is a great add on.  It came on the boat when i bought it.   I can send you some detailed photos or you are welcome to look at it if you want to get some measurements.  i remember the guy telling me cutting the hole was really intimidating.

Genie

Measure .... measure ... call some buddies to come measure ... measure their mesaurements ... then measure again.   Sleep on it and measure again ....

Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

djkimmel

Rick,
According to my information your 185VS has a built in pan already under the deck as many Ranger Boats do - I wasn't sure about the 2004 but was told that all 185s have this feature. They are ready for the recessed foot pedal that way if the owner later decides they want one.

Call Ranger Parts to get the template and instructions on how to utilize the built-in pan at 800-724-7273.

If you find out otherwise, I apologize and let me know so I can update my information, but I remember seeing them putting them in as they built the boats the last time I was down there and thought the 185VS was included.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

fiker

Thanks Dan.

I called Ranger, and the lady told me that Ranger didn't start doing that until 2005 and then only on the Z boats.

Could she be mistaken, and your source knows more?

Ralph do you have any different info?

djkimmel

Nope. I heard from my 'secondary' source first (confusing) but my primary source also contacted me and clarified that the 185 model does not have the built in pan. Sorry about that Rick. Like measure twice, cut once, sometimes I have to get advice twice (or 3 times) and post once :o

I just called Parts too - always helpful people - and they confirmed they do not have anything for the 185 since their pan is part of the mold on certain models as you were told. I remembered seeing them doing it but could not recall which models.

Just trying to help. Sorry about that. Aftermarket is the only option for that boat if you have enough room. The parts guy was nice enough to remind me about the foam that will be in there. You can cut it out. Just part of the Ranger one piece mentality that they fill ALL empty spaces with the injection flotation foam. I'm glad - that would be cool job too. I don't ever want to end up on the bottom of one of the Great Lakes.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

LAPORTE

Rick,

Back when Cabelas had the bargain cave they used to have one in there every time I went into look. I picked mine up for 35 dollars there.... Im not sure if they still have them but you could call and ask ?
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

fiker