Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:11:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

TBF of Michigan St. Clair Championship Update for August 29, 2010 UPDATED

Started by djkimmel, August 15, 2010, 02:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Here's the latest from the TBF of Michigan board on the 2nd 2010 state championship on Lake St. Clair August 29th.

Due to the tragic accident suffered by Ronnie Brinegar, the original Michigan BFL tournament director, the release trailer is no longer available so the TBF of Michigan board is trying to move the state championship from Metro Beach to Harley Ensign at the end of the Clinton River. Easier to release bass. They may get to borrow the release boat from Lakedrive Marine to help out, but Harley Ensign will give released bass a better chance to survive while it is this hot out.

As soon as I hear anything final about their permit application and the ramp change, I'll pass along.

There will be a mandatory pre-tournament meeting Saturday afternoon/evening August 28th. Registration will be from 5 PM until 6:30 PM with the mandatory meeting beginning at 7:00 PM. Location to be announced, probably depending on ramp location. I will pass that along as soon as I know. Hopefully, they'll do an email blast (though not 20 copies of) to everyone about this.

From the August 3rd board meeting minutes courtesy of Skip Johnson: "It was decided there will be no off limits fishing areas.

It was agreed that TBF of Mi would again supply food at the pre-meeting, the board discussed several food options in length and concluded that Subway sandwiches, chips and water worked very well at Muskegon and TBF of Mi will do the same for St Clair.

At this time TBF of Mi will have donations to give away at the championship from Nemesis Baits, Troll Perfect, Extreme Bass Tackle and Lunch Money Lures.
"

Clubs (meaning team captains) must work out any missing boater / nonboater issues if it is possible. If a boater or non-boater doesn't show up, then the matching boater / non-boater will not be able to fish either. Club's responsibility to handle this.

They will provide copies of weigh slips to competitors at this event. They will not be keeping a public tally of the weights on a board. Too much confusion and extra work to keep track of.

Contact Jeff Cox if you are a business that wants to display at the pre-tournament meeting. There may be room left still.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

The TBF of Michigan State Championship will launch out of Harley Ensign now, not Metro Beach.

The pre-tournament meeting Saturday will also be at Harley Ensign.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

mikesmiph

Any idea what I can do about not being able to make the meeting? I'm scheduled to work Sat and Sun. I cant call in two days in a row without a doctors slip.

djkimmel

The meeting is mandatory. Can you get there to Harley Ensign by 6:30 PM?

If not, you better call Jeff Cox and talk to him.

stratos19ss

I can't wait, I am getting pretty pumped for this one.  See all of you at the pre-tourney meeting!

Scott Michael
Wonderland Marine West

motocross269

Had a great day fishing with GLB member Laporte ......In spite of the Macomb County LEOs(I think I was made an example out of) and The flats boat doing laps around us and hammering the smallmouth......
It was fun and I learned alot this week.....For me it was all about just trying to grind out a Limit....I never got on a large group of fish...

djkimmel

motocross269

Quote from: djkimmel on August 29, 2010, 08:51:27 PM
So... you didn't make the team?!? Or Laporte??

Couldn't get on any bigger fish....I had a 14 inch line squeeker I couldn't get culled....It is a long story but we had a Boat hammering the smallmouth trolling around us at about 8 mph...He was basically making tight circles around my way points so it limited my opportunity to expand on what we had going on...No excuses just the way it is on LSC some days..They stayed tight with us most of the day....I think we saw them catch somewhere between 15-20 fish..Of course we tried fast cranking but that didn't pan out for us....Later on in the day we ran to another point that I had and there were already 4 tournament boats in the area...I tried to stay away from them and managed to finish out my limit there..
Laporte had 3 nice fish but couldn't round out his limit...
I think I need to start concentrating more on Canadian water..I fished hard all week and I learned alot but it all falls apart quickly with weekend pressure....Everyone has to deal with the same issues though and guys were hammering them....So no excuses...

LAPORTE

It was a tough day for sure with all of the traffic on the water. Like moto said. That crazy guy was just wacking the smallies all around us... to make matters even worse off. You could hear him telling the other guys on the boat they were out there the day before and had caught 2- 6lbers... grrr... Oh well

The tourney was ran great. Also I had a chance to see alot of friends from here. I even lost a dollar to Mojo for largest sack.

Moto definatly had us on some fish.... Nice job Brian.. I had a great time fishing. I wish the end of the day could have had a better outcome.  But hey look at it like this. most of us beat Joe Balog

2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"