Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:21:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Speed round - Name your favorite fishing glasses

Started by Mojo, July 01, 2010, 07:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

In 10 words or less - What is your favorite polarized bass fishing glasses - color, lens, price,

Ive cracked or destroyed 2 pr in 2 weekends (moss lens & browned lens) and all I have left are my solar bat yellow tinge pair. What would the best all around pair for the money if could only get one pair ?

Ready ? GO !
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

Cheetam

Jeff

Mike S.

djkimmel

I really like the vermillion tint in Costa Del Mar. Lets through more light than dark gray - about 25% compared to less than 10% for dark gray. Really brightens greens for good contrast.

I have very pale blue eyes (redhead curse) so I would suffer less strain by wearing dark gray, but the vermillion can work in low light almost like yellow while still blocking enough light that I can make it through the day. I could only wear yellow during a very limited time frame and conditions without getting headaches so I haven't bothered yet. Maybe if I was rolling in dough...

I haven't tried any of the mirrors.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

River Rat

Dearborn, MI and Lake Wales, FL

Redbone

Berkley $15 dollar cheapies.  I lost two $50 pairs of glasses already this year.  Going back to the Berkleys. ;D

t-bone

Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

McCarter

Costa Man-o-War Green Mirror/Amber 580 lense

McCarter himself :-\'

MadWags

Quote from: Redbone on July 02, 2010, 08:34:14 AM
Berkley $15 dollar cheapies.  I lost two $50 pairs of glasses already this year.  Going back to the Berkleys. ;D

I'm in this camp will never spend anything more than 20 bucks for glasses. I have decided that I am not responsible enough to own expensive glasses. Plus I have CRS which doesn't help.
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

McCarter

whats CRS?  Is it like IBS?

McCarter himself :-\'

djkimmel

Can't Remember Stuff

Wanted to make sure I answered before the MadWags ;D

fowlmouth

CDM Man O' War 580 lens grn mirror $160 Ebay

TCook

Back when I got started in this game about 4 years ago I found some kaenon copper kore's brand new on ebay for $40 shipped. Been happy with them ever since and lucky enough to not have lost or broken them in that time.
FISH HARD!!!

bosshawg

since i wear prescription glasses, coccoons over fitovers...final answer.
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

djkimmel

bosshawg

if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

Huxley

Ditto...The only thing I can find that works without getting a pair of prescription sunglasses!
Quote from: bosshawg on July 02, 2010, 06:52:05 PM
since i wear prescription glasses, coccoons over fitovers...final answer.

Frank

Kaenon copper core. Put them in your glove box and only use them fishing. Go to the gas station and buy $6 glasses to wear the rest of the time then you won't lose your good ones

Mojo

Sooooo for the Costa Del Mar  580 lenses - differences I would find between the silver mirror, vermillion, amber or green tint mirror lenses ? Can one color be an all purpose better than others ? VERY IMPORTANT post for ol mojo as this may be his birthday present from mama sher bere
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan