Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:32:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

crazy dream

Started by McCarter, June 28, 2010, 02:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McCarter

Last night shortly after i fell asleep, i was staring down at a monster female bass swimming around a giant sandy circle.  luckily, i had a fishing rod in my hand and it was rigged with, of all things, a white swim jig.  i tossed it into the bed and the large fish quickly went nose down on my offering.  moments later, my jig was in her mouth and she was swimming off the nest.  Naturally, i set the hook, and i set it hard!  and fell off the couch onto an empty Lipton Brisk can.  Ouch.  what a way to ruin a cool dream.  now i will never know how much she weighed.

Anyone else ever have anything like that happen?

wait til you hear my salmon fishing story....

McCarter himself :-\'

Eric

No, but I did have this one dream one time while I was staying at my buddie's house down by Wixom.  First, I thought I was having a nightmare, because I kept getting woke up by someone telling me they were having chest pain and going to the hospital.  After that, I dreamt I was making out with these two gorgeous blondes.  That's almost is good as hooking a giant bedded fish.  But then, my dream was interrupted by someone opening the door and yelling "Misha, Croix"  I quickly woke up and the blondes were gone, but I still felt like I had been kissed.  Good news was I still got to go to the tournament I was over there for, and we still got the new edition of Bass Club Digest.   
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

McCarter

i remember that.  but it wasnt chest pains, it was numb arms that wouldnt move.  cant fish with non moving arms.  those blondes still talk about you.

Cheetam

Quote from: Eric on June 28, 2010, 02:23:37 PM
Good news was I still got to go to the tournament I was over there for, and we still got the new edition of Bass Club Digest.   
Or two, maybe three.
Jeff

mikesmiph

And then, this one time, at Band Camp..........

bassinman#1

One time I dreamed I ate a giant marshmellow, and when I woke up, my pillow was gone!!!! ;D

djkimmel

Why do these kinds of threads make me so anxious...??

Maybe I'M dreaming...??

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

karol

i dreamt i had the winning musky up to the net and i would have enough to pay for a new ranger and the stupid alarm clock went off!!
another time after i woke up my wife told me to quit setting the hook in my sleep :D

McCarter

setting the hook in the sleep is my salmon fishing story.  we go up once a year to the pier marquette river.  and every year, after my first day of fishing up there, i set the hook in my sleep ALL NIGHT LONG.  I actually punch my wife in the back when i do it.  drives her nuts, she doesnt get much sleep on these trips. 

Dan

What's that song by the Electric Prunes?

I Had Too Much To Dream (Last Night) by The Electric Prunes

"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

djkimmel

I keep expecting this thread to be the downfall of my entire web site!! :o

;D

And then Dan starts talking about electric prunes...!?! Pretty funny! An old retired guy talking about electric prunes!!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

I've done the old fall out of the bed on the sleeping hook set a couple times. Used to scare my wife something fierce!! I also like the nights where the bed feels like you're still out there in those waves!! Any of you Great Lakes fans know what I'm talking about!?!

McCarter

i forgot about that until the MQ2 tournament a couple weeks back.  I came home and sat down with a cold beer and it felt like i was still on the water.  the more i drank, the worse it got.  go figure.

djkimmel

Who needs amusement parks. Just take a bass boat ride on the Great Lakes. Always said I have screamed louder coming into Sandusky Harbor in a bass boat a couple times than people on the nearby roller coasters!!

SethV

Quote from: djkimmel on June 29, 2010, 12:41:21 PM
I've done the old fall out of the bed on the sleeping hook set a couple times. Used to scare my wife something fierce!! I also like the nights where the bed feels like you're still out there in those waves!! Any of you Great Lakes fans know what I'm talking about!?!

I know what you mean.  On Sunday (yes, the day with tornado and such fun) I was out at Pelee.  Not a bad ride back in, but kinda bumpy.  When I closed my eyes that night my bed nearly speared a wave!!   ;D

bob o

had one last night, this chick had a pet musky that play catch with your buzzbait, fight you all the way in then go back out and "catch" your bait again, all day long just like a dog.

djkimmel

Think of the cartoon Mac could come up with that idea!!