Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:10:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2010 Wonderland Open - August 8th - $10,000 MINIMUM for 1st Place!

Started by stratos19ss, June 27, 2010, 02:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stratos19ss

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to remind all of you that the Wonderland Open is on August 8th this year out of Lake Erie Metropark. Due to a scheduling conflict we are not able to piggy back the BFL tourney this year , but the good news is there will not be a mad rush to get to the pre-tourney meeting .

Earlier in the year we had some flyers with August 1st going around, please disregard these as the date is August 8th. Also, some of the August 8th flyers say the pre-tounament meeting is at Wonderland Marine West, this too is incorrect the meeting is the same as usual at the Metropark.

The pre-tounament meeting is August 7th at LAKE ERIE METRO PARK and check-in is between 3pm-6pm with the meeting to start at 6pm. AT LEAST (1) team member MUST be at the meeting - NO EXCEPTIONS FOR ANY REASON.

The morning of the tournament (August 8th) the schedule is as follows:
5:30am - boat check in starts
7:00am - blast-off
3:00pm - check-in
3:15pm - weigh-in starts

Donuts and coffee will be provided for ALL contestants in the morning as well as Food and Drinks for lunch after the tourney.

Entry fee is $275 for the team and this INCLUDES Big Bass. GUARANTEED Payouts are as follows:

1st - $10,000 plus trophies
2nd - $5,000 plus trophies
3rd - $3,000 plus trophies
4th - $2,000 plus trophies
5th - $1,500 plus trophies
6th - $1,200
7th - $1,000
8th - $750
9th - $500
10th - $500
11th - $450
12th - $450
13th - $400
14th - $400
15th - $400
16th - $350
17th - $350
18th - $300
19th - $300
20th - $300

PLUS Ranger Cup money and the Stratos 2X bonus are floating out there for all of you Ranger and Stratos owners. IF the winner is driving a qualified Stratos they will win $20,000!!!!!

Also, there is a G3 bonus. The highest finisher fishing out of a G3 boat will receive $300.

Mystery money of $100 will be paid to 5 teams randomly. This is provided by Complete Battery Source.

Your "better half" can also win $100 just by telling a fishing story about you!

Please follow the link below for an entry form. Forms need to be emailed to jec@wonderlandmarinewest.com or faxed to 517-548-5360. Blast off numbers are determined by the order in which you sign-up, so sign-up now for an early blast.

http://www.wonderlandmarinewest.com/images/WOEntry.pdf

Let me know if you guys have any questions,

Scott Michael
Wonderland Marine West

MadWags

Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

markgoetsch

I'll see you there wags.  This sounds like a great tourney.

stratos19ss

Ok Guys,

Two things.

First - Today is the last day to to sign up without a late fee.  You have until 8pm.  Call 800-226-3050 to register by phone and pay by credit card/debit card.

Second - I misunderstood about the meeting.  The meeting is at Wonderland Marine West, NOT the Metropark.  The meeting is on August 7th, it starts at 6pm and registration is 3pm-6pm.  Sorry for the confusion!!!!!!!!!!  We will have guys selling tackle and the part/service department will be open for items like oil, bilge pumps, aerator pumps, life jackets, hats, shirts, etc........  Bring empty oil jugs for bulk fill at a discount :)

markgoetsch

The website says the meeting is at the Metro park.  Why would they have it over at wonderland the afternoon/night before the tourney?

ROI Outdoors

Quote from: markgoetsch on July 23, 2010, 07:45:29 PM
The website says the meeting is at the Metro park.  Why would they have it over at wonderland the afternoon/night before the tourney?

If McCarter is there with Nemesis Gobies in Fairywand Destroyer color no one can complain!  If there is any room for any extra tackle I can possibly bring over a few of the most durable (I have been trying to break them since testing started in late this winter but have yet to succeed), most buoyant (3-4 times more buoyant than balsa), most unique action crankbaits available to man - they are not officially on the market yet but should be able to bring a few over for anyone interested.  http://www.roioutdoors.com/index.php?id=videos shows a few of them, video features All-Pro Superstar All-Universe JJ "can't spell his last name and not even going to try" Sniper, with a guest appearance from Widowmaker's "Smallie Slayer" Tube (who ever thought a tube called smallie slayer would catch smallies!)

With a $10,000 guarantee a $25 late is like sales tax on a McDouble - I say go $50 or $75 for being the only tourney in the state to actually guarantee a payout of that magnitude.  Wonderland Marine West Open Bass Tournament - the only event of the year to guarantee big money without the asterisk! 
Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

Buckeyenut313

The Wonderland website says that the meeting is at Lake Erie Metro Park. In fact, it had the meeting site at WMW scratched out and then written in as LEMP. This is confusing! They originally said this tournament was August 1st, then changed it to he 8th. Now there is all kinds of confusion on the meeting site. With all of that said- it is the best Team tournament I've ever fished and I can't wait to fish it this year too- just need to find out where/and when to show up?

markgoetsch

Just called wonderland and the meeting is AT Wonderland not the metro park.  I also reminded them they should change the website.

FOB

Thanks Mark,

Just another reminder to all that the mandatory registration ( 3pm to 6pm ) and pre-tournament meeting ( 6pm ) for the Wonderland Open is Sat., August 7th, AT WONDERLAND MARINE WEST ( not Erie Metro ). There is a mistake on the Wonderland website entry form that will be corrected tomorrow! Please tell everyone you know that might be fishing this, as well as the ones that are, so they come to the store,( and not the park ) that night. There will not be anything set up down there ( nor anybody ) until Sunday morning.

Remember, only one person from each team is required to be at the registration / meeting.

And as always, please feel free to call the store at 1-800-226-3050 if you have any questions.

Thanks, and hope to see you there,

Ralph Blasey
Sales
Wonderland Marine West
Ralph Blasey
Wonderland Marine West  734-417-5550

ROI Outdoors

7 hours to blast off!  Looking forward a great tourney tomorrow and especially looking forward to getting my arms broke by a few 5+lbers - who know's maybe even a few 6's!!!!!
Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com