Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:37:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Temp Sensor in the Livewell?

Started by Victor Cerabone, April 26, 2010, 06:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victor Cerabone

Who got one?  What kind of temps are you seeing in the livewell compared to the lakes surface temp?  I'm considering adding one and am wondering if it worth the cost.  Lost a few fish last year.

Vic

motocross269

My Bass Cat has a Livewell temp sensor....I haven't used it much.  I could see where it could really come in handy on southern lakes but up here I flush in fresh water alot and use a little ice if I go into recirculate with "Please release me"....I mostly fish the big water so maybe fishing shallow inland water in this state it could come in handy....
To be honest the 3 years that I have fished with the Bass Cat pro aeration I haven't lost a bass...

Victor Cerabone

Thanks for the response.  My dead fish issues have not been because of livewell issue, but battery issues.  On small inland lakes running my Sideimager and the color LMS520 on the bow plus both pumps can cause issues.  This is because I don't run the big motor much to charge the starting batt.  I replace that battery this year in hope that solves the problem.  I was just wondering what kind of experience is out there with livewell temps and how the differ from lake temps.  I'm a big fan of ice too and livewell chemicals.

Vic

motocross269

I saw somewhere that Bass Cat reccommends using a Deep Cycle Battery for the starting battery for better performance with electronics....I have an older carbed Evinrude  that doesn't take alot of cranking amps to turn it over so I went with a 31 series Deep cycle battery for my main...I know that Optimax takes like 1000CCAs to crank..Do they make a Deep Cycle that puts out that Many CCAs?? If they do I would consider maybe going with that if you have a Merc......

Can you just throw an aquarium Theromometer in your livewell and save some coin???  Just a thought...

MBell

A temp sensor is overkill here in michigan, actually useful down south but not really up here.  More importantly keep water in your livewells!  I plug mine top and bottom in my triton.  A lot of guys are running on 1/4-1/2 livewells without even knowing it, they come off pad and the livewells fill back up.  Also oxeygenators or air stones are also great, I've only lost 1 fish over last 2 seasons doing these things and the 1 fish I did lose was from 38 feet.
-Matt

thedude

never lost a fish cuz of mine. just let it run on recirc and keep it about 3/4 full. Its almost twice the size of an avg. well though. I use a blue-top optima for starting battery and running the 12v system including the SI and front graph.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Lip_Ripper

Missing Georges Opener on Lobdell cuz you had to go camping, with the girlfriend, ::)!!! OMG, well if you keep doing things like that, well you won't have to worry about getting a livewell temperature gage LOL!!!

Victor Cerabone

It's true.  I'm a girly man now.  See you a Lake Orion.  Watch for my pink jumpsuit.

Lip_Ripper

If you have that jump suit on, I will be calling you bu,bu,bu benny and the jetssssssssssssssssss for sure!!!!!!

See you there!!!!! ;D

Victor Cerabone

I think of you every time I hear that song!  Nice Job on Lobdell.  Be ready for a Orion.   :-*

Lip_Ripper

Thanks man, we did better on practice the thursday before the opener, but we still found fish!!!! Hope we get into the toads on orion, gregg said you had a huge sack out there a few weeks ago. Good job.  ;)

zooker

we see 95+ degree water temps here. i use please release me and 10 pound bags of ice. but still i lose 3-4 a year..

zooker
live from the land of the crankbait...