Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:26:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Traverse Bay June update??

Started by Jonesman, June 07, 2010, 09:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonesman

Hey guys,
          Being that the smallies are way ahead of schedule down here on Erie, just wondering if the same is true up on the Bay??  Headed that way in a couple weeks.  Last year on the 4th of July we did real well, but thinking it might be a post spawn pattern this year.  Good fishing all!!

MBell

I was wondering the same thing.  After what was going on at burt/mullet, I bet they are going strong right now.  Was thinking about heading over on the way home but went to Saginaw instead.  You may want to hit some of the islands out there in july.
-Matt

Dan

Talked with a friend up in Cadillac today and he knows a guy who got 37 off beds on the bay this weekend. They are definitely early. I was hoping that the last full moon of the month would be the time to go, but I guess it's now or never. I have a wedding this weekend and can't go. Drats. I was really looking forward to it.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

BronzeRockets

Where is the best place to launch on the East Bay side? This is are 1st time going up and could use some help. What is the name of the marina or launch? Any other info lures and locations to start would be a great help. Thanks A Ton!!!

Dan

There is a DNR launch on the peninsula for East Bay. As far as catching them, cover water and look for spawning fish.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

BronzeRockets

Awsome thanks Dan!!...by the way is that off of Swaney road??

Dan

I'm from the Grand Rapids area so I really don't know the roads up there. I did an article on Grand Traverse Bay a few years ago for the Tear Drop Classic in September. There may be directions to that ramp. I know there are pictures of it. Can't remember if I put links on or not. It would be under 2006 articles.

djkimmel

Elk Rapids harbor is a good place to launch in East Bay too. Easy to find right in Elk Rapids at the end of downtown on the Elk River.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

motocross269

Quote from: djkimmel on June 08, 2010, 11:02:07 PM
Elk Rapids harbor is a good place to launch in East Bay too. Easy to find right in Elk Rapids at the end of downtown on the Elk River.

The Elk Rapids launch is a great place to launch...Last year we launched there and ran back and tied off in the Marina for Lunch....The Marina employees went out of their way to help me get tied off and gave me a spot to park in for an hour or so while we ate....It gets pretty busy on the weekends but nothing that can't be handled...

BronzeRockets

Thanks for the pointers!!!..where should we start you think around or above elk rapids and then run down to the south end of the east bay. This should be fun yet crazy what depth should they be at this time of year...3 to 10?? or deeper? Good luck to you guys.

Deerslayer36

I was born and raised in TC. Last year May I won the NBAA 2009 Hooters Big Bass Charity Open on East Bay,first tournament I ever fished in. Been hitting both bays on the weekends. Surface temp is 70 degrees plus warmest I can remember this early in 30-years.

In East Bay most the bass have spawned out. Post Spawn pattern now. First break 10-20 feet is a good place to start. Try just north and south of Elk Rapids, Tip of Old Mission Pennisula, tobaco, south-end sucker holes. If you get bored with SM, jig pearl swedish pimples or elk rapids jig from hardware store off deepwater point for Lakers, Whitefish, and Burbot. Get a good topo map and/or electronics.

Hot baits are Extreme Bass Tackle Emerald shiner color tubes 3/8-3/4 oz, Drop shot gobies, and deep dive white X-raps at first light.

Mike