Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:13:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

X-Tools floats/cull rings

Started by Redbone, May 18, 2010, 10:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redbone

I have been using the xtools cull floats for a couple of years now.  It seems like every tourney I have one or two slip off the fish (As summing I can catch fish that day :P) I love the idea of how they work but I dunno.  Maybe a rubber band around them to make them grip the lip a little more?  I read somewhere that they used the cheap fish stinger clips on the floats. I like this idea but I really dont want to cut the original clips off unless its a proven fix.  I dunno.  I am looking for ideas.

fowlmouth

I switched mine out a couple years ago, simple to do and works great. I sharpened the open part of the stringer clip so it goes in alot easier. Also, look around for the smaller gauge wire stringers. The thing I like best is that you can pick up the fish by the floats and they will not come off, makes culling alot faster.

TCook

Its proven, all the xtool cull floats I seen has the stringer clips including mine.
FISH HARD!!!

Cy

I've replaced all original clips with metal stringer clicks.  All still float just fine and work great.

Cy
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

motocross269

I am thinking about trying the "Glory bags"....I have a set of X tools with stringer clips...I don't like putting the big hole in the fish to tag them...If I get the Glory bags and they work out well I will give someone my Xtool markers..I may need to keep one for when I go as a Co angler...

Ranger5Smallie

I went with the Ardent Culling Balls.  Its so easy as the weights are listed right there on the balls!!!

fasttrack

My partner has of the Ardent balls and they worked great last year for us. Picked up a set for myself  this off-season. Gander had them buy one, get one so a buddy and I went together and split the cost.
Interstate Batteries      Rocket Marketing
Fast Track Appraisals   West Marine
Nemesis Baits              Kustom Kicker Jigs
CD's Engine Service     J&H Oil

Redbone

OK... So I need to cut plastic clips out and put the metal string clips on.  I just am having a hard time getting the courage to cut the original clips off. If its proven, I should just do it.  I cant stand it when two fish come off in the well. Kind of defeats the purpose of putting the floats on in the first place.

fowlmouth

If you decide to go back to their clips a new set of floats will run you $17.99

Cy

Quote from: Redbone on May 20, 2010, 11:51:34 AM
OK... So I need to cut plastic clips out and put the metal string clips on.  I just am having a hard time getting the courage to cut the original clips off. If its proven, I should just do it.  I cant stand it when two fish come off in the well. Kind of defeats the purpose of putting the floats on in the first place.

You don't have to cut them off.  If you look in the middle of clip, the sliding point, you will see the plastic rivet.  Put a screw driver under the rivet and pop the head off it.  You can then separate the clips and take it off the float.  Save the pieces and epoxy it back together if you want to.....but you won't want to.

Cy
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

champion_206

I did the metal stringer deal to, also I cut off the green plastic rod that the # and the stringer end attaches to and took some line that you use in a weed eater and cut them to the length I wanted, say 16 inches maybe longer, then I took some aluminum clevises and looped the # through the line and the stringer at the other and crimped them, they work great, just another idea for ya
(Certified Evinrude Mechanic) Anglers Marine, Evinrude, Champion Boats,Crooked Creek Pro Staff

Redbone

I Got the stringer pieces seperated, and sharpened to a point.  Now I just gotta rip apart the original lip grips.  I didnt realize that they were only $20 for a new set. Thanks for the tips everyone.

zooker

i use the floating rope type my self. they are the best idea to assorty come along in a long time..

cause nothing sucks like tring to wrestle a frisky fish out of a live well in early febuary..

zooker
live from the land of the crankbait...

djkimmel

In early February, we'd need an axe and an ice pick to get bass out of our livewells! They wouldn't be very frisky though! ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.