Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:57:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

St. Clair Monster Smallie

Started by Firefighter Jeff, May 16, 2010, 07:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firefighter Jeff

As a lot of you know, Tcook and I stayed after the DK Open for a little more fishing.  We fished Saturday evening and caught quite a few on rattle baits.  We were only able to fish for about 4 hours this morning before I had to leave.  But it was plenty of time for me to guide Tim to a monster smallie !!  LOLOL  (cough, cough)   Here are some pics of Tim's 7 pound 4 ounce, 21 3/4in smallie.  He caught it on a Extreme Bass Tackle Slither tube in 9 feet of water.  I'm not trying to steal his thunder.  I'm just the camera man, reporter slash net man !!!  lolol

We onlly caught 10 fish, but one of them was a fish of a lifetime.  I'm just glad I was there to experience it with him.  Congrats Tim, you did a heck of a job playing him.  It's the biggest bass I've ever scene.

Dan, remember you telling us the story at the open about almost having a heart attack releasing that peacock bass?????  I thought the same was gonna happen to Tim after we landed his fish!!!! LOLOLOL  

Hey Brett, sorry we couldn't get one like this during the open!!

I'm not sure these pictures do the fish justice.  It was so big it didn't look real  !!!

Jeff

Cheetam

Jeff

Durand Dan

Redbone

Thats a NICE fish.  Impressive!  Of course that would never happen if there is money on the line.  And for me... That would only happen if I forgot the camera!

Again, Nice fish!

Cy

That is completely awesome!!!!
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

Revtro

Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

RyanLuft

motocross269

Tim, You were holding out on me.......LOL,,,,That is the kicker that we needed...

Mojo

that bottom pic is AWESOME !! Go to tinypic.com and get that picture reduced so you can have that as your GLB profile pic !!

Everyone please remember - Tke the length, width and girth of those 6 # + fish - They can be submitted for Lunker Bass and Michigan 2010 records as a trophy fish -

Congratulations on joining the 7 pound club. Indeed there are VERY FEW ppl in that club !!!
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

TCook

Thanks for the top notch guide trip french fry Jeff, I had a blast! It is a fish of a lifetime for sure doubt I will ever get another 7. Gotta give some love to Wayne for making a great product. I got this girl on a 3.5 inch Xtreme tube in dark melon gold tinsel I think its called Slither now with a 3/8 big dude bite me tube jig with a rattle of course. I think they were feeding heavy on small perch, alot of the smallies were spitting them up. For some reason this was my favorite shot of that fish

FISH HARD!!!

mikesmiph

Tim, congrats on an amazing fish. And, great camera work French Fry. lol

TritonTR20

Nice one Tim! I hope to get one like that someday!

MadWags

Awesome job guys That is why St. Clair is the best lake on the planet!
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

1javelin

French Fry, I like that!!  Great job Tim, bout time all those trips and wasted time pay off!!  Now you're going to have to show me how to do that!

1jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

MIBasser

Congrats on the great fish Tim!!

River Rat

Dearborn, MI and Lake Wales, FL

baggerslimm

Nlce fish Tim!!!!  Congrats!!
04 BassCat Cougar Ftd..

Hooksetter

That is a monster smallie! Great pic too!

Willie
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

t-bone

That is awesome - hell of a fish. Great job!
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: MadWags on May 17, 2010, 07:13:50 AM
Awesome job guys That is why St. Clair is the best lake on the planet!

You've got that right Wags.  Tim and I were questioning whether we should spend the money and stay Saturday night.  I knew we could only fish for up to 4 hours Sunday.  I felt it was worth it and Tim agreed.  When we set out that morning I said, "Ok, lets make it worth staying"  Well after quite some time I didn't think it would be.  The fishing was very very slow.  We only got 10 fish in 4 hours, but oh did that last one make it well worth the extra expense.  I can't tell you how excited and fired up I was to see that thing and for Tim.  I'm fortunate it happend out of my boat.

About 15 years ago I asked Kevin VanDam at a seminar if he lived here (South Bend, Indiana) where would he go to fish for BIG smallies.  I was thinking he'd say Erie or the Traverse City area.  He responded with St. Clair