Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:16:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

SPI Tournaments---Croton Pond May 29, 2010

Started by BassMastaJ, May 11, 2010, 09:40:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redbone

With the weigh-in at 12:00 that should give everyone about ten minutes to catch fish. :o  That will prolly be the one fish I bring to the scales! :-\'

chrisvmo

Should be very interesting for sure...I have a feeling there will be more than 10 limits as predicted by a few...now the question is what color fly?!?

fasttrack

Interstate Batteries      Rocket Marketing
Fast Track Appraisals   West Marine
Nemesis Baits              Kustom Kicker Jigs
CD's Engine Service     J&H Oil

Cy

Quote from: chrisvmo on May 25, 2010, 10:05:07 PM
Should be very interesting for sure...I have a feeling there will be more than 10 limits as predicted by a few...now the question is what color fly?!?

Chris,

I didn't know you fished SPI...what does your boat look like, I will look for you!

If I miss you I run a mostly white Javelin with sponsor logos all over it.

Cy
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

ROI Outdoors

Quote from: Cy on May 26, 2010, 10:34:06 PM
Quote from: chrisvmo on May 25, 2010, 10:05:07 PM

Chris,

I didn't know you fished SPI...what does your boat look like, I will look for you!

If I miss you I run a mostly white Javelin with sponsor logos all over it.

Cy

Chris is in the boat with all fish jumping in out - he is actually more easily heard; just listen for splashing sounds every 30 to 60 seconds apart.  The boat is called the culling machine because that's what it is being done in it 99% of the time it is on the water.....................................

Now how about those rods??????????????
Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

Cy

Quote from: ROI Outdoors on May 27, 2010, 01:41:30 AM
Now how about those rods??????????????

What Rods?  I have no idea what you are talking about? 
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

Dan

Should be a bedfest with these temps and the moon full. I hear Cadillac and Mitchell are bedding up hard and fast. Last year the opener on Croton/Hardy in the Tear Drop Tournament ended up with fish pulling up during the day. It was won on bedding fish. Get that GPS ready and cruise, cruise, cruise. Have those trolling motor batteries charged.
When I was down at Pickwick for the Elite event, I talked with Marty Robinson. He fished a bed tournament early, maybe Smith Lake, and he put a generator in the well of his boat and ran it all day charging his batteries because he knew he had to cover water with the trolling motor. He said it worked like a charm.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

fasttrack

This is a 6-hr event and not calling for too much wind. I think we can keep our generators at home (interesting thought though!)

thedude

thats impressive - considering you can run pretty hot on a 36v motor for a LONG time before it kills a good set of batteries.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

fasttrack

OK, I'll start us out. But first, congrats to Cy & Dude for their 2nd place finish!

Waterfoul and I took 4th and enough cash to pay for our trip. We were pumped since its not our favorite place. Our 5th fish took a long time to catch but was worth the wait since it our biggest one. Our 2nd biggest came literally on the last cast and culled a 2lb'er - I was starting the motor as Mike was still putting it in livewell! That bumped us up at least 4-5 spots.

So let's here everyone else's story.....

Redbone

Congrats on the winners!

I lost a MONSTER smallie in the first hour.  He put up a good fight for about a min.  Then decided to go under the boat. GONE!  Only 2 smallies boated. About a dozen 13 3/4'' fish.

Tourney = FAIL

10-10 Bass Busters

We managed a limit..think we were prob 15th or so.  We caught our fifth which was our smallest with about 30 min. left.  We hooked some monster pike that would get us excited for a sec until we realized what was on the other end of the line.  Pretty tough fishing for us, but had a good time and it was nice seeing everyone again.  We won't be at Gun so see everyone at White.

thedude

well of course i drew Gun Boat for the flights - but we had our first spot open and we got one on topwater and a few misses in the morning and then started working a few beds. got a nice smallie off a blind bed and had 3 other 2.5+lb fish that we couldn't turn. we ran around a bit and cy got a LM on a carolina rig! went back to check a gps'd bed and found a 3.5 largemouth hanging out - stuck him and then like 20' away was a 3.5 smallie. kinda amazing to be honest cuz there were boats all over the flat and this was like 10 o clock.  Stuck a 2.5 LM to cull out our first smallie and that was pretty much it. we ran around checking some of the previous beds we didn't catch and looked like they got picked over.  we ran over to the big side and kicked the motor on high looking at new water. got 1 more keeper that didn't cull and saw a hog smallie right at the end but no luck on her. I know we had the fish to win it - but i went in hoping just to weigh a limit so 2nd place was way past my expectations.  it was nice refining my new super-secret power-finesse technique today! I think the new directors did a nice job and look forward to the rest of the summer.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

1javelin

Congrats Cy and Dude, sounds like a good finish for a lake you didn't have much confidence on before that!  Keep those checks rolling in!!

1jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.