Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:46:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

1st Bass boat

Started by Jmcfarland, May 03, 2010, 09:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmcfarland

Well I have finally crossed the line fellas I am officially a 1996 ProCraft 185 owner. Picked up my new boat yesterday and had it on the water today. Like a dream come true. Anyway enough gloating. I was wondering what everyones first official bass boat was? Thought it would be kind of neat to know.

Cy

Congrats on the new ride!

Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

djkimmel

Congratulations.

I still have my first bass boat though I bought it a long time ago. It's a 1993 Ranger Boats 492VS.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

1javelin

2000 Javelin Renegade 20, Johnson 200.  Motor is almost done being rebuilt, can't wait!!

1jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

LAPORTE

Mine was a 1988 Tracker Magna 17 with a 60 hp Mariner.

Congrats
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Eric

1984 Fisher Marsh Hawk Aluminum with a 60 hp Rude.  Then I upgraded to a 1984 Bass Tracker fiberglass with a 150 Mariner.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

bob o

1985 hydra sport vl475 a 17 1/2 footer w/gt150

markgoetsch

07' triton TR-196 with a 200 opti.

Redbone

99' Ranger R71
Only had it on the water once.  Its in the garage with the seats out of it.  I just installed a new fish finder and making sure all the wiring is done before installing the new seats. I have a long list to complete before the first tourney of the year. Super happy about having a bass boat. ;D

mikesmiph

Seeing as how this is going to be my first full year with a bass boat, I still have my first one too. 87 Nitro 1710 w/150 Merc. I love having a Bass boat, but I'm learning several things. #1, you will always want a bigger, better, newer, faster boat. #2 you will never have enough money. #3 you will always want more "stuff" for it. Going out this morning. I have a new H-Bird to add, a new troll motor, and a new charger. There is always work to do on it. At least on mine there is. Plan to keep it this year and next, then a newer, bigger, better, faster one LOL.

jacksonmj

My first bass boat was a 79 Hydroglass with a 79 Evinrude 135. The gel coat was gone and the engine never ran right but still have some good memories with that boat. I also have some bad memories with it! Now that was a old tri hull type boat so I now have a 89 Hydrasports VS150T with a Evinrude 150 and it's like night and day compared to the old boat! Can't wait till my next one but that is going to take sometime!

McCarter

97 Fisher Pro Avenger 16

Bender

Mine was a 1992 Sylvan with a 40 Johnson. It was pretty much a flat bottom and not much wider than a canoe but it worked on the inland lakes.

jacksonmj and bob o, I bet those Hydra Sports boats are fast with 150s! It looks like they weigh about 850#. 
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

Hooksetter

I guess my first "official" bass boat, meaning it was manufactured as a bass boat, was a 95' 20' Astro w/200 EFI Merc.

However, I would count my first bass boat as a 74' Lund 14' aluminum that I put a front deck, tm, livewell and graph on. It had a 25 hp Mariner for power. I guess that was around 1982. I used it until I bought the Astro. What a sweet ride!

Willie
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

oldjigger

my first bas boat was a 1974 16' Bassmaster with a Merc 50.  I've had 8 more since that one and had that one from 1977 to 1986

macbass

one thig about old jigger he isnt brand loyal...he has owned about every boat on the market....my first boat was a 1983 skeeter SS1 fisherman with a 75 hp evinrude tri hull..then 9 years later i bought a 1987 basscat caracal with a 150 gt johnson and then i bought a 2001 basscat cougar  with 225 yamaha....

IF ITS NOT A CAT ITS A DOG: BASSCAT PERFORMANCE BOATS www.thedropshotdenny.com www.hookednhunted.com

Jmcfarland

Sounds like a lot of good (and possibly not so good) memories guys. According to hooksetter I had my first bass boat a long time ago. I know one thing, so far that old boat has caught a lot more fish than this one. But hopefully that changes soon!!!

bosshawg

don't recall year, but was a 16' alumacraft w/a 30hp evinrude on it.
had a front deck, single console and i installed a rear deck w/livewells and storage.
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

Flippin222

'86 Bayliner (16ft) w/ 85hp Force Motor. Kept it for 9 years and finally traded it in for exactly what I paid for it. Suprisingly enough even with the Force motor, it ran great until the last few months.
Don't sweat the petty things; Don't pet the sweaty things

brownie

Got you all beat----a 1973 Ranger which I still use on the smaller lakes I sometimes fish