Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:32:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Wixom Lake 4-24

Started by Big dreams, April 24, 2010, 05:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big dreams

Went out on Wixom today and caught a few.  We were able to pull them out from 2-5 foot.  Did anyone else fish Wixom today?

gmetime24

Was on Sanford just south of wixom and was having pretty good fishin. We were pullin the bass out of 5-7 ft of water. Want to get to Wixom this year as well, fished wixom in the past but never caught any lunkers but I hear they are in there.

Big dreams

The first one we had on was massive.  Not sure how much it would have weighed but it was definitely over 5.  I plan on fishing Wixom Lake all day Thursday, Friday afternoon, all day Saturday and Sunday.  If anyone is out there, stop by the maroon Champion an let me know  how you are doing.

Big dreams

I went out today on Wixom and did not have much luck.  I was able to land one and another escaped at the boat.  I tried water depths from 1-10 feet and was not able to catch onto a pattern.  I tried a perch jerkbait, white spinnerbait, sexy shad lipless crankbait, DT-6, black and blue jig, and a black senko.  Any ideas where they might be at this time?  The water temp was 56.7 in most of the lake with decent winds out of the Southeast.  The water clarity was at least 2 feet...

rustydog

Your doing better than me. I live on Wixom and I haven't had a chance to put the boat in the water.

Big dreams

I wouldn't say better yet.  Been having a few motor issues but hopefully I can take care of it soon.  Which side of 30 do you live on?

gmetime24

I know on Sanford lake largies are on beds next to the shore and especially in the fills. Water temp was 55 on the main lake and 58-59 in the coves yesterday evening. Caught fish on rubber worms and wacky rigs

Big dreams

I have not used the wacky rig too much.  I tried the worm but I had my strategy all wrong.  The boat is broken for a few days but should be done for next weekend. $$$

gmetime24

ya my boat is down as well, cant get the motor to come up...hopefully be back on the water in a week

Big dreams

Not sure if you plan to do the work yourself or not.  I took mine to Stryker's and they gave me a rough quote of $400-$700.  I ended up taking it to a guy in Gladwin off F-97 for $300.  The best thing about it is Stryker's is 9 days behind while the guy I took it to will have it done in 3.  He replaced all of the seals in my lower unit two weeks ago and did great work.  Just my experience.

gmetime24

hey thanks for the advice.  I know it seems like those big name places always charge more... I have been going to a guy in Auburn who works out of his barn and have been happy with his work over the last 3 years