Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:44:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Anyone on this site go after Detroit river walleye?

Started by Hollada, February 08, 2014, 07:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollada

If so, let me know if you need someone to keep you company this spring :-)

Dan

2019 BassCat Caracal
225 Evinrude G2 HO
Humminbird Solix 12's
Minnkota Ultrex

Got Fish??

Hoping to get out the first week in April. Looks like a nail biter. We may still have ice floating in the river. I have been talking to few other fishermen. Everyone seemsto have the same thought. I'm sure when ice dose go out. You will be able to walk acrossed the river, from the free bridge to  the foot of the island.

Got Fish??

Looks like it may be the 2nd or 3rd week before we hit the river.  My father lives on the island at the foot of the Detroit river. He says there is still ice  moving down the river. With this warm weather coming , maybe sooner.

Hollada

Saw a bunch of reports of folks getting into fish this weekend.   Did you get out?
Dan

2019 BassCat Caracal
225 Evinrude G2 HO
Humminbird Solix 12's
Minnkota Ultrex

Got Fish??

I my self have not. I have some buddies that have been  dodging the ice chuncks over by Mud Island. Few fish are being boated but the ones that are , are nice big females. Thay average 2-3 fish an outting.

BIGSHOW

It's on in the river. My buddy got 25 yesteray. Some of them were monsters.

Hollada

Biggshow - problems sleeping? 2:49 am post.  Must be watching fishing shows!
Dan

2019 BassCat Caracal
225 Evinrude G2 HO
Humminbird Solix 12's
Minnkota Ultrex

BIGSHOW

I got bumped to afternoons. Just shifting my schedule around. Looks like alot of morning fishing this year. Last year was more evening fishing cause I was on days. The few years before I was on midnights so I had my choice.

Got Fish??

The river was packed Easter weekend, you could walk across the river  Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Several nice fish are being cought. Mostly males with afew big females mixed in. Bottem bouncers with crawlers or jigs with minnows and leaches seem to do the trck.

Got Fish??

Stopped in to The BottomLine Tuesday,  there are lots of walleye to be  had in the Canadian shipping channel, if you can get though the silver bass. Once it gets dark the bass stop biting and the walleye are easyer to catch. Artificial baits work best right now jigs, cranks and stick baits .  Hand liners are putting a lot of fish in the boat  at night. The worm bite is just starting.

Got Fish??

Friends took their two little girls out to Erie this last weekend. The silver bass were thick, thay couldn't get through to the walleye.  A total of 200 silver bass were cought. The girls had a blast.