Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:42:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

interference

Started by thedude, March 24, 2010, 11:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedude

I got the  boat out today and am a little perplexed. I run an older matrix 17 bird on the bow and a 797si on the helm and GPS through the interlink. Last summer the matrix would loose signal everytime i hit the trolling motor thrust. I had been using the US2 from my minn kota terrova - so i switched back to the original transducer - same issue. I put my lowrance on the front and had issues but not as bad (its an ice fishing x67c).

So fast forward to tonight - i've since gotten a different trolling motor, and hooked the matrix back up to the US2. Its was kinda flakey - but totally lost signal everytime i hit the motor - i also noticed that my 797 would show interference. Theres 19' between the trolling motor and 797 transducer.

I run the graphs and big engine on 1 battery and the trolling motor on 3 others. They are not connected - obviously there's some sort of interference between the two. is it possible there is current going from the trolling motor to the engine anode or something through the water when the trolling motor is on? I just find it really weird that this happens with 2 different trolling motors and the stock transducer when it never used to happen before.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

fasttrack

You can disregard my recent FB message. Wish I could help, but electricity and me just dont mesh. Wishin ya the best in solving it w/o too much time/expense!
Interstate Batteries      Rocket Marketing
Fast Track Appraisals   West Marine
Nemesis Baits              Kustom Kicker Jigs
CD's Engine Service     J&H Oil

SethV

Do you have a choke on the sonar unit power cables?

Call HB - they offer a kit that includes new power cables with the choke integrated.

thedude

on hold with them now.  8) after googling around looks like that might fix the issue.
Palehorse Custom Rods

MadWags

Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

thedude

was on hold about 10 minutes (called at lunch). Once i got through, they got my info in about a minute and they are sending me an interference kit to hook up to the trolling motor wires and the units themselves - no hassle whatsoever and better yet, no charge!
Palehorse Custom Rods

SethV

Quote from: thedude on March 25, 2010, 09:37:24 PM
no hassle whatsoever and better yet, no charge!

And that is exactly why I love HB!!  I have both Lowrance and HB on my boat (2 of each) and I have destroyed both in the past.  With HB, you can call and talk to anyone at customer service and they hook you up, fast & no hassle.  With Lowrance I always got good service from Linda Colt, but nobody else.  Now that she is gone, I plan on just scraping my Lowrances when/if they break - unless they get the customer service turned around.

MadWags

Now that's good service!
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.