Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:35:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

tackle you got suckered into buying

Started by bob o, February 12, 2010, 10:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WayneC

Hey Tom...if you really don't like those Banjo's, I'll take them off your hands.

The Helicopter Lure, yeah.  Actually caught a bass in lillypads on it once and haven't used it since.

The Flying Lure - Caught a few

They had this mechanical topwater thing at the Lansing Show a couple of years ago and sold out before I could get one.  Hey, everything catches fish!

Pork-O - Caught one largemouth at Bald Mountain using one with a chartreuse top and white belly.  Hit it right at the front of the bait too, right where the hook was.  I think the bait was 8 or 9 inches long.  Very durable.

djkimmel

I liked the action of the Pork-o and had a bunch of bass eat them, but I kept having bigger fish ball that big glob of processed pork skin so that the hook would bury back into it and never penetrate the bass' mouth! Not good. Particularly when you can see how big the bass was that just ATE your bait and got away!!! So I quit using them.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

1javelin

Quote from: Waterfoul on February 15, 2010, 12:05:23 PM
Quote from: 1javelin on February 15, 2010, 10:31:12 AM

You should totally make those McCarter!!

1jav

Yeah, like totaly!!   ;D

You trying to tell me I should've left the totally off that one?  Thought it added a good ring myself.

1jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

fiker

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

LAPORTE

Here is the all time Dupe... I have not one but two of the finest Chuck Woolery top water plugs. They are the kind when you cast them a string comes out of there mouth (your line is tied to it) and when they land in the water the tail starts to wag...lol  kinda a swimming top water... I just got them about 4 years ago.

Tell me I'm not a rookie... lol  Every time I look at them I start laughing..

I was going to pull one out at one of the BFl tourneys as a joke but thought it might not be funny...

BTW they were purchase from the home shopping network.... Now that is some funny stuff I don't care who you are.

Don L
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

mikesmiph

Don, I just need some video of you using them. LOL

LAPORTE

Naa  I think I might post your video on Youtube for even bringing that up...lol
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Mike S.

Quote from: LAPORTE on February 16, 2010, 07:58:44 AM
Naa  I think I might post your video on Youtube for even bringing that up...lol
There we go.  Put that video on Youtube.  Why hasn't that been done yet?  With a screen name like Smiph (haha, that is a classic) it would be a hit on Youtube. I'd save it as a favorite.

mikesmiph

Mojo

;D ;D

I couldnt care less what anyone says, Im goin out and buying a remoted control boat and zigzag a few fat free fingerlings or a spinnerbait in 10 fow while Im drift out on St Clair this year !!!!  ;D  ;D  Anyone else wanting to try this out PM me and we'll get video for our fellow GLB members to watch !!

ok - ok back from cabin fever - Im going to agree with a chatter fad and $20 swim baits. WTH ??  And the last bait that caught the fisherman was a Sebile floating 3"  2 -4 ft crankbait for $15 in a the most killer paint jobs - caught me hard. I'll try it around the docks as the salesman said but I am starting to recognize 'that feeling' when I walk out of the store that Ive been caught - not the fish !!!

Oh and PS: I combined the Berkley Gulp! minnow with Nemisis 2" gobies to win a tournament in 08 on Drop Shot and they were the only two baits I used and it was the only  stick I held. In the rivers and outfished my partner who used tubes, poor boy goby, and all the other top baits - so give ol Nemisis a break they have great fish catching product ..........
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

mikesmiph

Someone tell me please about the Wavespin reel. I want soooooo bad to believe in it. Are they another gimic?

TCook

Quote from: mojo on February 17, 2010, 12:47:16 PM
;D ;D

I couldnt care less what anyone says, Im goin out and buying a remoted control boat and zigzag a few fat free fingerlings or a spinnerbait in 10 fow while Im drift out on St Clair this year !!!!  ;D  ;D  Anyone else wanting to try this out PM me and we'll get video for our fellow GLB members to watch !!

ok - ok back from cabin fever - Im going to agree with a chatter fad and $20 swim baits. WTH ??  And the last bait that caught the fisherman was a Sebile floating 3"  2 -4 ft crankbait for $15 in a the most killer paint jobs - caught me hard. I'll try it around the docks as the salesman said but I am starting to recognize 'that feeling' when I walk out of the store that Ive been caught - not the fish !!!

Oh and PS: I combined the Berkley Gulp! minnow with Nemisis 2" gobies to win a tournament in 08 on Drop Shot and they were the only two baits I used and it was the only  stick I held. In the rivers and outfished my partner who used tubes, poor boy goby, and all the other top baits - so give ol Nemisis a break they have great fish catching product ..........

I was being sarcastic about Nemesis baits not catching fish, they are excellent baits. News flash swimbaits are not a gimmick and when did Nemesis start making 2" gobies?
FISH HARD!!!

TCook

Quote from: mikesmiph on February 17, 2010, 12:54:07 PM
Someone tell me please about the Wavespin reel. I want soooooo bad to believe in it. Are they another gimic?

My first couple of years I wasted alot of time and money searching for the best affordable rods and reels that I could depend on. Only if I started out with Shimano I could of saved myself alot of headaches. Do yourself a favor and don't get caught up listening to pro staffers pushing the products they get rewarded to sell. Listen to the experienced guys that give advice and have no connection to those products, that's the only way to get an unbiased opinion. With reels 9 times out of 10 I bet those guys will recommend shimano. Best reel by far for the money.
FISH HARD!!!

stackenem

I had the wave spin reel and IMO it is not as good as they say it is. Won't cast as far as my other reels and it still got wind knots. That is just the problems I had with it also wasn't real smooth on the retreive had some vibration to it.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

stackenem

Don, I also have one of those flapping lures but the thing is when the bass are busting minnows you just throw it in the middle of all the busting and it will catch fish.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

LGMOUTH

Quote from: mikesmiph on February 17, 2010, 12:54:07 PM

Mike,
They are not a gimmick. They do what they say they will do. Just because some people think that if it sounds too good to be true then it isn't doesn't mean that it is. I have used the shimano's, diawa's, quantum's, etc. and I can truthfully say that the wavespin reel is built just as good as these other reels. What sets them apart from these other reels is the price and the fact it is revolutionary. It will virtually eliminate birds nests. I have used these reels exclusively for 3 full years and I highly recommend at least checking them out. They even have a two year unconditional guarantee on their reels which should show you how much they believe in them. I could go on and on about them but the best way to show you is for you or anyone else to check them out at the grand rapids sport show. I will be there every day.
Yes I am on their pro staff but I totally believe in these reels other wise I would have different ones. There are alot of other guys on this site that use them so maybe they will see this and pipe up. If you or anyone else needs some information about these reels feel free to pm me or just take a look at their website.      www.wavespinreel.com

Its hard to give advice if you have not used the product in question, and yes shimano reels are a very good reel and I would also recommend checking them out but I have used them.
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

squid

Right on about the Wave Spin.  They are awesome.  That is all I own in the spin reels now.  More distance and less tangles. 

Largemouth is right about these reels.

macbass

wavespin reels do what they say they are going to do..I have been using them before they ever hit the market i have one of the first prototypes in my desk...i was the first one to sell one to don so its not as tho he was givin them from jump...yes at this time he is sponsored by them...it is the only spinning reel i use also and i have paid for everyone of mine 7 in total...I never have line tangle issues with them..casting distance is great...if you are having problems with casting distance put some more line on them.....I will be at the grand rapids show also...i will have them with me...and if you go to there web site there is a no tangle guarentee there...WaveSpin Reels are now making a promise that no other reel brand dares to match. As of 1 January 2010 all WaveSpin Reels will have the WORLD'S ONLY "BIRD NEST FREE GUARANTEE".

The promise of performance works like this:

If a person should be having a problem with tangles using their WaveSpin Reel, they should give either Doug or I a call as most problems are simple ones with simple solutions. After speaking with us, if a person should still claim he or she is having problems with bird nest on their WaveSpin Reel, we shall refund their original purchase price of the reel once the reel and copy of original receipt is returned to our warranty department.

How can we make this guarantee, simple, in three plus years WaveSpin has been on the market, no one has ever stated or complained that they had a bird nest or bird nest related tangle while using WaveSpin Reels.

We stand behind our product and it's promise of performance.

and just a little more tidbit of information that I am sur very few people know...all warranty work and any repair work that is done to these reels if there is any is done in the state of michigan. turned around in less than 48 hours....

IF ITS NOT A CAT ITS A DOG: BASSCAT PERFORMANCE BOATS www.thedropshotdenny.com www.hookednhunted.com

Genie

I have 10 of them.  Think about it.  Who buys 10 of something if it doesn't work.  I'm not self-proclaiming that I am all that, but I'm by no means an idiot.  Try them for yourself.  I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

Mike S.

What about the guy who took big bass on White Lake during the DK open last year?  He won one of the Wavespin reels.  What does he think about it?  Obviously, if people are BUYING many of them, and not having them given to them, they must be pretty decent.  But, as with anything else, everybody has a different opinion of everything.  You know, what one person likes is better than the other person likes.  I say buy one, and form your own opinion.  I am a Quantum guy.  I love every reel I have ever bought from them.  I am considering a Wavespin reel if I decide to put another spinning combo on my boat.