Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:04:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

tackle you got suckered into buying

Started by bob o, February 12, 2010, 10:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassmandan

ive used gulp and theres nothing magical about it...i caught fish on the gobies but i still got my butt kicked when my boater was fishing other plastics...this was out on st clair too
"dont stop keep fishing"

Hooksetter

Dancin' eel. Thats all I got to say about that.

Willie
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

1javelin

chatterbait. What a joke that is, can only catch fish on days that end in Y.  Seriously, I bought some of those floating pink worms and tried that.  Never even got looked at.  Wonder why?  Tim can attest to some of the goofy stuff I buy, and some of it actually works!!!

1jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

bob o

hold the phone on the chatterbaits, i busted the heck out of them on woodland lake, but how about the color-c-lector yep i got one it's still in the boat too, i'm sure the theroy is proven and all but i don't think it ever helped me catch a single fish and i just remembered the crankbaits with a plastic colorado blade hanging off the diving bill, of coarse the baits were colored for using the color-c-lector system, did i mention that was the biggest waste of $100 ever the first $15 gets it (the color-c-lector) the crankbaits are long gone, i'm sure there rare collectors item's worth $1,000's or something stupid like that oh well.

Puma

Biggest purchase I have got sucked into was the Bottom Line Side Finder.  That thing couldn't find the side of the boat.  They kept telling me the transducer was bad.  They even believed the lie as they kept sending me new transducers!

fiker

Hmmmmmmm..... one fisherman's junk is another treasure.

I've had good luck with Banjo minnows.  But only when someone gave iem to me.... fish em kinda like flukes.....

Chatterbaits.... golden shiner color .... Woodland lake.... works for me.

Color C lector I bit on too.  I mainly wanted it for the temp reading down below.  It never worked right. 

Flying lures?  stunk.......... I never caught one fish.  I never even accidentally snagged any either.
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

bob o

darn more and more stuff, i've got a side finder too that's another $200

Victor Cerabone

Manman lures.... I bought the crap out of those things.  Every color, every size.  I have a new approach to new tackle.  Let one of friends that still has "new stuff fever" buy it.  If it works, scam some off him since he has a storage compartment full of every size and color!

Vic

bassboss

This may be something someone else has talked about but... Does anyone remember that lure that was like a floating leaf with a dragonfly sitting on the stem of the leaf? The bug sat out of the water an inch or two. This must have been 7 or 8 years ago now, maybe more. The infomercial (like any other fad lure) showed bass blowing up on this thing like it was nobodies business. I wonder if anyone fell for that one?

bassassasin88

I think the Laserlure is a rip off. The styles are all stolen from other companys, and the price is ridiculous. What about the Rocket Fisherman? That things almost a weapon.

Mike S.

The color c lector, my dad bought one of those in like 85.  I remember thinking it was a miracle or something.  I was only 5 at the time.  I guess, the one that got me recently was the Strike king Sexy Swimmer.  I heard people talking about them, and just convinced myself I had to have it.  So, I have a 15 dollar lure that I have thrown on every lake I have fished, and never had a bite on it yet.  I have a Lucky Craft lure just like it....never been bit.

Manxfishing

Quote from: mikeszr800 on February 13, 2010, 04:54:26 PM
The color c lector, my dad bought one of those in like 85.  I remember thinking it was a miracle or something.  I was only 5 at the time.  I guess, the one that got me recently was the Strike king Sexy Swimmer.  I heard people talking about them, and just convinced myself I had to have it.  So, I have a 15 dollar lure that I have thrown on every lake I have fished, and never had a bite on it yet.  I have a Lucky Craft lure just like it....never been bit.

I know a guy that fishes Kent with a big SK swim bait that does very well. It's not a high % bait
But I've seen the pic's and he's not catching any thing under 3#

I think the Sexy shad color was the last thing I bought that I felt
dooped into.
It hit me one night
None of the Oakland lakes have shad. Hopefully one day I'll be able to use it on a vacation
It's still funny fishing with friends when I see that color in there box. I think SK sold a ton of baits in that color after KVD did so well with it.

djkimmel

There were some peacock bass caught on those baits in Brazil.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

McCarter

i have had some success on both hard and soft swimbaits but still feel like i am missing something.  I havent tried the SK ones yet, but the Sebile ones are good and i caught a few on the Jackall Giron.  I still have yet to catch a fish on the Berkley Hollow Bellys but the Optimum Baby Line Thru (BLT) 3" has been most successful for me.  That little bait is magic! 

McCarter himself :-\'

bassassasin88

Can't deny the sexy shad color. It may be a gimmicky name, but I think that color is dynamite. The SK paint jobs are junk though.

Fishmael

I agree with the paint job comment on the Red Eye Shad.  I've had 3 or 4 where the paint chipped and was completely gone within 4 casts after that.  I haven't had any problem with the paint on the lipped cranks though and I use them all the time.  I have heard that the Sexy spoon has the same paint issues as the Red Eye Shad, which stinks because I would like to try one.

I bought a package of worms once that had a kind of velcro material on the bottom.  The plug was that the fish hung on longer because they got caught in their mouth...I think I used 1.

t-bone

The red eyed shad paint is horrible. It peels right off and doesn't last. The spoon really doesn't have much paint on it. It is mostly plain metal to begin with.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

McCarter

Quote from: Fishmael on February 15, 2010, 08:42:33 AM

I bought a package of worms once that had a kind of velcro material on the bottom.  The plug was that the fish hung on longer because they got caught in their mouth...I think I used 1.

Culprit Sticky Worms!!!!  Man, I loved those things.

1javelin

Quote from: McCarter on February 15, 2010, 10:29:40 AM
Quote from: Fishmael on February 15, 2010, 08:42:33 AM

Culprit Sticky Worms!!!!  Man, I loved those things.

You should totally make those McCarter!!

1jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

Waterfoul

Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!