Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:17:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Fooling around last night waiting to leave for Classic

Started by kgr624, February 11, 2010, 08:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kgr624

Your either getting better or worse you never just stay the same

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Dan

Hey Ken,
Sounds like you're going have a blast. I'm jealous. If you're taking 65 down and have time stop in at Lawlers in Athens, Al. It's right off the expressway, a stones throw east, across the street from Wendys.      www.lawlersbarbecue.com

Lawlers
1506 U.S. 72
Athens, AL 35611-4410
(256) 233-1818

They have some great barbecue and it's on your way. Athens, HWY 72 is I think the second exit in to Alabama. It might be the third exit. Try the pulled ham at Lawlers it's the best and something I never would have ordered if I hadn't been taken there by a local. Lawlers also has a bunch of old fishing stuff on the walls. Highly recommend it.  If you do stop for eats and then want to go to one of the neatest bait shops in that whole Northern Alabama area just head west on HWY 72 to the west end of Athens and go to the aptly called West End gas station. (It's only about 4-5 miles  from Lawlers, West on 72.)

West End Outdoors
www.bassbuckandduck.com
17171 U.S. 72
Athens, AL 35611
(888) 646-9393

It looks like just a big gas station, but you will be surprised by the amount of tackle they have. They have more Lucky Craft baits than any three Bass Pro Shops put together. Baits you've never seen before by Lucky Craft, Sebile, etc. When I Marshaled at Decatur last year, every time I went in to West End there were BASS pros in there buying baits.

If you want even more good barbecue try the brisket at Big Bob Gibsons in Decatur which is just 18 miles south of Athens on 65. You'll go over the bridge in Decatur. If you look east as you go over the bridge you can almost see the slough where Tommy Biffle won the event last year. Here's the link to Big Bobs in Decatur.

http://www.bigbobgibson.com/main.htm

Now if you go south of Birmingham to Montgomery, where Ray Scott lives I have some other good eating spots there. One is where Ray took us to lunch, but you probably want to see some of the Classic action  ;D. Take lots of pictures and give me a shout when you get back. I'd love to hear your story and see your pics. I'll buy lunch.    
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

djkimmel

I've already discussed with kgr624 but just a reminder to anyone who wants to upload video to the GreatLakesBass.com (or any commercial video service), please make sure the video does not contain any copyrighted material unless you have written approval from all parties.

That means any song that was not created BEFORE about 1922 cannot be used online on a commercial site without written permission from all parties. I hate to bring it up and go by it, but a copyright violation will cost me my business insurance which means no participation in outdoor shows and other business difficulties, not to mention the potential of a $150,000 fine per incident.

It's a hassle for everyone, but Youtube is getting hammered right now by Warner. Large amounts of money involved and many videos being removed or having the sound disabled. I can't afford that much control or lawyers so I have to just remove any video that contains copyrighted materials. It's a shame because songs make a video better often, but I also understand the owners of the music wanting fair compensation for commercial use of their music.

I appreciate so much the effort and time kgr624 put into the video and he has offered to add his own music to the video later and repost it. I hope and will greatly appreciate it if he does.

I really do plan to improve the video features on here, but it is the most expensive feature so it will take time. I would love to see more short video from any of you - your favorite lure, a few minutes of fishing, a scenic day on the lake, whatever. You can upload for free and I will feature video from members on the video section and the forum.

I do put some video on Youtube, but there are certain things you just don't want to have no control over, in case anyone is wondering why I have my own service.

Thanks kgr624 for your understanding and to the rest of you too.
Dan

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.