Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:32:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

things to do by opening day

Started by bob o, February 08, 2010, 12:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishmael

I still have to put the line on my reels, but that shouldn't take long right?  I mean, how many rods and reels can one person have anyway?

I did get new batteries and got them installed last night, so that was one more thing off the list.  However, when I got my boat out of storage, I found my ground wire for my trailer lights broke, so I have to fix that. 

Oh and I realized a week ago that instead of buying rod covers to keep my rods untangled in the rod locker, I could just make my own.  One week later, I only have 3 done have nine to go...Sheesh, it never ends. 

mikesmiph

I wasnt going to post on here. Figured I had too much to do and nobody cared. It just hit me how late I'm actually running this year. This is my first spring actually having all this stuff to do. Maybe if I post it all here, it will help me get more organized. Here is what I have left to do. Tow vehicle: new brakes and caliper, new exhaust, renew license plates LOL. Thats all before I can even get the boat home. Boat: install new stereo, but and install additional sonar/GPS, clean, buy and install 2 new batteries, get insurance, buy fire extinguisher, get 2 new life jackets, grease trailer bearings. The only thing I'm pretty ok with is actual fishing gear. I still need to get myself a casting rod, and a spinning rod for Veronica, but we could fish with what we have. Spool a couple more reels, and always buy more lures LOL. Oh, and buy all my park and ramp passes. I think I need to start playing the lottery, maybe I can win some money.

Mike S.

LipRip

I still need to install the kegerator on my boat............. ;D

Mike S.

Ummmmmm........What is a kegerator? ???

peters_skeeter

Quote from: Fishmael on March 26, 2010, 08:40:42 AM
I still have to put the line on my reels, but that shouldn't take long right?  I mean, how many rods and reels can one person have anyway?

I did get new batteries and got them installed last night, so that was one more thing off the list.  However, when I got my boat out of storage, I found my ground wire for my trailer lights broke, so I have to fix that. 

Oh and I realized a week ago that instead of buying rod covers to keep my rods untangled in the rod locker, I could just make my own.  One week later, I only have 3 done have nine to go...Sheesh, it never ends. 

I tried making my own rod socks, it was just easier spending $4 for BPS ones. They work pretty good in a cramped rod box.
A pessimist curses the wind...
A optimist waits for the wind to change...
But a realist adjust his sails...

peters_skeeter

Quote from: mikeszr800 on March 27, 2010, 07:58:10 PM
Only the best invention ever!
www.kegerator.com
A pessimist curses the wind...
A optimist waits for the wind to change...
But a realist adjust his sails...

bigjc

Quote from: mikeszr800 on March 27, 2010, 07:58:10 PM

a keg-sized refrigerator, for the angler who is not satisfied with gatoraide...LOL