Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 01:00:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

things to do by opening day

Started by bob o, February 08, 2010, 12:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob o

i've got a new set of leaf springs for the trailer to install, i have a garmin 430s to put on the console move the old console unit to the bow, sell the old bow unit, i have two rod blanks in the basement waiting to be built (not looking good on the rod projects) ummm lets see might close (june 1st) on a new to us house if the bank excepts our offer (short sale). time is running out, i need more time darnit more time.

bob

MIBassKid

More time until opening day?! I highly disagree.

thedude

buy/install new trolling motor. finish console project on boat, redo seats on boat, finish a bunch of rods, tie some jigs, organize tackle, clean out boat.

i'll be busy until its time to put the thing back in storage.....
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

bob o

Quote from: thedude on February 08, 2010, 01:04:54 PM
i'll be busy until its time to put the thing back in storage.....

lol, i almost spit up on my keyboard

thedude

sad thing is, its no joke! what a vicious cycle.....
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

fasttrack

Install a new graph at console, re-spool reels, a quick clean-up of the boat and I'm ready! Did the hard stuff before "putting her to sleep for the winter."
Interstate Batteries      Rocket Marketing
Fast Track Appraisals   West Marine
Nemesis Baits              Kustom Kicker Jigs
CD's Engine Service     J&H Oil

Mike S.

I have to pay off the credit card bill for the nearly 900 bucks I have spent on fishing gear this month.

Manxfishing

Need to send in the (2) Diawa reels to get the flipping bars fixed
Install the wiring to put a screen up front.
And I'm pouring my own Senko's this year (can't buy what I what)
So I need to get that all figured out by then.

Other then that
I'll be Walleye fishing mid March or so
So the boat and trailer will be in good shape come bass fishing
Swap a few boxes and change the rods in the boat and I'll be good

Cy

I need to help fasttrack install his new graph.  I need to buy line and re-spool before the end of the month.  I have at least 3 rods to build and I would like to get 5 done...so I guess I better get started on that.  I have to sort my tackle and replace what I've run out of like hooks, weights or plastics etc.  I need to sell some a bunch of Curados and a couple of Sahara reels and replace them with something else.  I would like to purchase and install a new graph unit for the bow of my boat but we will see if I get to that.

Oh yeah...I NEED to paint my bedroom before the season starts or I won't be allowed to sleep there anymore!  ;D

Cy
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

Waterfoul

Quote from: Cy on February 08, 2010, 09:23:49 PM
I need to help fasttrack install his new graph.  I need to buy line and re-spool before the end of the month.  I have at least 3 rods to build and I would like to get 5 done...so I guess I better get started on that.  I have to sort my tackle and replace what I've run out of like hooks, weights or plastics etc.  I need to sell some a bunch of Curados and a couple of Sahara reels and replace them with something else.  I would like to purchase and install a new graph unit for the bow of my boat but we will see if I get to that.

Oh yeah...I NEED to paint my bedroom before the season starts or I won't be allowed to sleep there anymore!  ;D

Cy

What... help Marc but not me?  LOL!!!

Need to put the in-hull transducer in.  Need to gather baits for my Table Rock Lake trip with Ed in April. 

Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Cy

Quote from: Waterfoul on February 08, 2010, 09:47:33 PM
What... help Marc but not me?  LOL!!!

Need to put the in-hull transducer in.  Need to gather baits for my Table Rock Lake trip with Ed in April. 

I'll be happy to help you too.  I didn't think you needed any.  Let me know when you are ready.

Cy
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

fasttrack

Cy & Mike, my dad says he has plenty of epoxy we can use. (He just finished building a wooden boat - board by board, designed it himself, got some specialized wood from Africa or somewhere and cut it strip by strip. Then built a motor that would make any car buff druel. He expects it to top 100mph. I'll get some pictures one of these days. It will be at the upcoming boat show downtown too if you happen to get there).
Interstate Batteries      Rocket Marketing
Fast Track Appraisals   West Marine
Nemesis Baits              Kustom Kicker Jigs
CD's Engine Service     J&H Oil

LipRip

Skulley

Install new transducer on trolling motor.  Buy and install new cables for throttle and gearing.  Buy seats from Terry Melvin that he has that will fit my boat and install them. Terry had the same boat years ago but not my boat.  Get all licenses, launch passes, etc.  Repair trailer lights that are inoperable.  So many other things too numerous to list.

BD                 ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Redbone

I am having bait storage problems. Out of the boat anyway.  Thinking about buying some pegboard and hanging all my worms, hooks, baits, exc.  like a store display in the garage. Been buying something every week all winter and its in a pile :(. I wont need everything in the boat at all times. I also think it would be nice to select my baits before I go fishing. Does anyone have good storage ideas for that stuff?

djkimmel

Quote from: fasttrack on February 09, 2010, 08:24:08 AM
Cy & Mike, my dad says he has plenty of epoxy we can use. (He just finished building a wooden boat - board by board, designed it himself, got some specialized wood from Africa or somewhere and cut it strip by strip. Then built a motor that would make any car buff druel. He expects it to top 100mph. I'll get some pictures one of these days. It will be at the upcoming boat show downtown too if you happen to get there).

That sounds like a very interesting story including pictures?!?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

peters_skeeter

Lets see....
Need to paint and finish about 40 spinnerbaits I poured, re spool 10 rods, buy three fishing licenses, would like to pour some weighted tube hooks, buy a new landing net....
And, oh yeah....
PICK UP MY NEW 2010 SKEETER ZX200!!!!! ;D ;D ;D
I have never been so anxious to get this season started.
A pessimist curses the wind...
A optimist waits for the wind to change...
But a realist adjust his sails...

Victor Cerabone

Go through my gear, Get my Curados cleaned, DOWNSIZE my tackle, Pull my four bank charger and send it back to CSI.  Oh yeah... find a new truck to tow my babygirl to the lake!!!  ;D

ROI Outdoors

Like many of my posts this would be long, drawn out, and full of useful non-sense.  So I will simply say way too much; but isn't that why it's so fun??

Bob O - I can relate; except I usually go over the keyboard and right onto the screen!  There should be a forum called "spitters and splitters" for classics like that one. :D
Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

McCarter

Quote from: JP2010zx200 on February 25, 2010, 08:47:43 PM

PICK UP MY NEW 2010 SKEETER ZX200!!!!! ;D ;D ;D
I have never been so anxious to get this season started.

welcome to the family!

McCarter himself :-\'