Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:13:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Linda Colt leaves Lowrance

Started by Manxfishing, January 19, 2010, 08:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manxfishing

I've read that Linda Colt has left Lowrance

"Wanted to let everyone know that after 21 years, Linda Colt has left Lowrance. She was actually forced out. Linda is my mother and it is in her best interest to quit. A couple of months ago she took some vacation time. She was called by a long time customer who had drove to Lowrance from out of town to get a unit repaired. He was shocked to find that the lobby was closed because mom was off. When mom found out she was mad and took it to her new boss, her new boss did not care and said she thought they should shut down the lobby. Mom was shocked as she had been giving thousands of Lowrance customers service in her lobby for 21 years. She escalated this to her bosses boss. Her bosses boss agreed with mom and disciplined moms new boss. Ever since that day her new boss has tried in every way to get mom out. Including 1) writing her up for working on her personal time. She found out that mom delivered a unit to a customer over the weekend and wrote her up for it. Truth is that mom worked 21 years without lunch breaks or 15 minute breaks, she went in at 5 am and left at 4 am yet she only turned in 40 hours every week. YOU WONT BELIEVE THIS. Last week she had a doctors appt, while she was out a long time customer came by and left a personal thank you card with Moms name on it with some guy named JOSH. Seems JOSH couldnt stand it so he opened the card and found a thank you card and a $50 gift card. Josh turned this in to Moms boss. The next day when mom returned to work, the customer called mom to see if she got her card, she said no that she had no idea what hes talking about, he said he gave it to Josh. So she asked Josh and found out he gave it to her boss. NEXT thing you know mom gets called in and written up for accepting a gift card. Keep in mind, she still to this day has not seen this card, yet she was written up for it. She was told it is illegal for any employee to get gifts from customers, she stated that she never received a gift. Funny thing is the next day, she had to hand deliver a weekends stay at Big Cedar that was given to another employee. Mom would never tell anyone about things like this. BOTTOM LINE, the Navico product is nothing near the quality that Lowrance was and mom takes it personal when she cant help a customer. She was crying every night and her Dr said she failed a stress test, her heart cant take it. Keep her in your prayers and GOOD LUCK to NAVICO.."

Here's the link
http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zerothread/485986-linda-leaves-lowrance-navico

Here's the E-mail of the Management at Navico

leif.ottosson@navico.com
louis.chemi@navico.com
jeanine.coleman@navico.com

motocross269

That is bad news right there......

I will be looking at other brands for future purchases....Linda Colt is the one person that gave me confidence in Lowrance after over  a year of issues.....

Manxfishing

Quote from: motocross269 on January 19, 2010, 09:17:06 PM
That is bad news right there......

I will be looking at other brands for future purchases....Linda Colt is the one person that gave me confidence in Lowrance after over  a year of issues.....

I hear you on that
Looks like hummingbird will be the next sceens

motocross269

Here is a Poll on BBC that confirms what most of us know..Over 87 percent of users have had issues with Lowrance products...Without good Customer Service buying their products is a liability...

http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zerothread/486095-has-your-lowrance-ever-broke-down

MadWags

Last year I had an issue with my 332c GPS/Sonar.  The sonar went out completely. I worked with Abel Electronics locally here as they were listed as a service center. They gave me a new transducer to try on the hopes that this would eliminate the problem. It did not. So we sent it in to Lowrance thru Abel Electronics in the hopes that this would expedite the repair. Weeks passed without a word. When Abel tried to contact the service department they were left on hold for over 45 minutes. More weeks passed. The service dept. finally said that the unit was unrepairable and that they were sending a new unit at cost but that they were waiting for replacements. 2 weeks later Abel called me to tell me my unit had arrived. I went to pick it up and upon opening the box discovered that it was my old unit. Abel called Lowrance and somehow got someone on the phone. They said that this was a mistake and that the unit should not have been sent. The new unit was on the way. The guy at Abel said "Hey it's your unit keep it." The next day the new unit arrived. Low and behold both units worked.
My take on this is that they are so backed up on service that they are selling replacements rather repairing units. It just so happens that the delay in replacement models of my unit was long enough that my unit was repaired as well as being replaced.
Don't that beat all.
Abel Elctronics told me that they were no longer going to service Lowrance. To many problems and the service was terrible.
I would think long and hard before puchasing another Lowrance product. Linda's departure may be the straw that broke the camels back.
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.