Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:04:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Any advice?

Started by mikesmiph, February 02, 2010, 10:39:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikesmiph

I'm starting to lose faith in BASS. I could use some advise. I paid mine and my grandaughters memberships on Dec 10th. She got her junior packet before the end of Dec. I still have not gotten anything from them. I have called member services several times and every time, they tell me of another problem. Wrong address, lost shipping label, lost something else. Is this a habit of BASS, or am I just the unlucky one? Granted, it wasnt much money, but, I would like my info from them. Any comments or advise would be appreciated.

LGMOUTH

I did have a similar problem about 6 or 7 years ago. I signed up in Dec and didn't get my magazines or packets until May. I kept calling and calling finally they figured everything out and gave me a free year membership. Not that that made everything right but at least they realized it was their fault. Havent had a problem since.
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

TCook

Is BASS still sending gifts that you dont ask for and then billing you for it?
FISH HARD!!!

Hooksetter

The only thing they send me is the yearly planner. I write refused on it if I don't want it and the Post Office sends it back. They never try to bill me for it.

Willie

Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

McCarter

i got burned by a fishing magazine company a few years back.  I wont say who (but they are very In-demand :o).  I get a free copy one day, and i think cool and thanks.  i threw away the paperwork that came with it after glancing at it and thinking it was just for ordering purposes.  so month goes by, and i get another issue.  and the next month another.  so finally i call them and ask why i keep getting the magazine and they say it must have been a mistake and then take me off the mailing list.  so a few monthes go by and then i get a bill for $12.  i call again, and tell them about the bill and again, they apologize and say they are taking me off the mailing list.  so another couple monthes go by and then i get a letter from a collection company demanding i pay $12 or the ordeal would be public record.  i call the publisher again and they say they will take care of it.  then when i went to get my first loan ( which was for a boat when i was 17) i get denied and you know why?  cuz i have a refusal to pay on my credit report.  needless to say, i have never again subscribed to that magazine again.

McCarter himself :-\'

stackenem

I reupped my membership several months ago and still haven't gotten anything back yet either.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

motocross269

Quote from: stackenem on February 02, 2010, 02:09:34 PM
I reupped my membership several months ago and still haven't gotten anything back yet either.

Same here....

I haven't recieved a FLW or Bass magazine for a few months....

Team houston

I have been trying to enter the Northern open. Have called about ten times and got through once. The lady stransfered me to someone else and it was an voice mail.

markgoetsch

I called about the planner yesterday and had them take me off the list for the future and they let me keep the one they already sent me.  As for the open I think on-line registration is working again but I've never had any issues with talking to someone and I'm a confirmed boater!

Durand Dan

This probably is'nt one of the smartest posts I've ever made but,   ::) my Bass membership ran out in 2008 and I still get the magazine every month.

gr@ssmonkey

Quote from: Durand Dan on February 03, 2010, 08:43:05 AM
This probably is'nt one of the smartest posts I've ever made but,   ::) my Bass membership ran out in 2008 and I still get the magazine every month.

:) :) :) :) :) :)lol lol lol lol lol

gr@ssmonkey

Quote from: Team houston on February 03, 2010, 06:55:29 AM
I have been trying to enter the Northern open. Have called about ten times and got through once. The lady stransfered me to someone else and it was an voice mail.

my exp. from last year is because of the classic (everyone from bass is there and preparing) if you are not all set by now,u won't be talking to anyone that can make a decision for u till after the classic is over....i now i only entered one last year so i was the guy on the back burner.......everything worked out ok for me though and once i got to the tournament it was the smoothest run tournament,nothing but smiles from all 396 faces :)

gr@ssmonkey

Quote from: motocross269 on February 02, 2010, 11:35:24 PM

Same here....

i signed up for flw and thought i picked the option to get the paper mag. but have not recieved one yet,but have been able to veiw it on line........anyone know if flw is even printing a paper mag. anymore???? ???

MIBassKid

I signed up for FLW to fish the College tournaments and I was supposed to get a subscription to the magazine and still haven't received it either... Haven't called on it but I should have gotten one for the past two months. Not including February.
-Luke

sinkersanddinkers

Not sure if the FLW is printing magazines or not gr@ssmonkey. I would think that they would be, dont think it would be good to pay for something just to read it online. In the mean time, maybe you and I should get together and go back to fishing Long Lake on Tuesdays and have some fun. But if ya show up there and Im there, stay off my docks!!! LOL  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   Been trying to call ya, but ya never answer your phone, or delete your voicemail so I can leave a message.

djkimmel

I'm still getting my printed magazines. Haven't read them in a while... maybe Durand Dan is getting mikesmiph's copies??

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

mikesmiph

Got the past 5 magazine issues in the mail yesterday. Membership packet maybe soon.

wetride

Bass sent me a e-mail saying my charge card # was not working to send them new card number to keep getting my membership up. I was not going to renew. They just put then on your card if you used it  to start your membership.

Skulley

I became a life member of BASS just before ESPN bought them.  Probably the best thing I ever did.  I get my magazine on time every month and have never really had any problems.  I don't think they offer the life membership anymore.  I also became a life member of In-Fisherman before Primedia bought out the Lindners.  Never miss an issue.  It arrives on time every month.  It's all good.

BD               ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

ROI Outdoors

Quote from: gr@ssmonkey on February 03, 2010, 10:03:09 AM
Quote from: motocross269 on February 02, 2010, 11:35:24 PM

Same here....

i signed up for flw and thought i picked the option to get the paper mag. but have not recieved one yet,but have been able to veiw it on line........anyone know if flw is even printing a paper mag. anymore???? ???

Got my FLW magazine today, some pretty decent articles inside especially the one about how pressure correlates the catch rates and how genetics plays a role. 
Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com