Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:08:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Brackets

Started by McCarter, April 18, 2006, 09:45:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McCarter

What do you guys and gals think about the bracket format like they use in some of those FLW tournaments?

Kdawg called me the other day with a good idea that i think a lot of guys might like.

He suggested we do a little side thingy maybe with the ABA this season.  If guys are interested, we can set up a bracket type side pot for those who want to sign up for it.  Then, two anglers will be randomly paired to fish against each others weight for that day.  Lets say we have an ABA event on LSC and we do a side pot of $20 each to get into the bracket.  Maybe i have to fish against Cheetam and Kevin has to fish against Rev Tom.  I bring in more weight that Cheetam ( of course :D ) and Tom beats Kevin, that moves me and tom up to the next bracket and knocks jeff and kevin down to the lower bracket.  then the next event, i would have to fish against tom and kevin against jeff.  At the end, the angler who is at the top of the bracket is the winner of the year end pot?  and maybe do a little something for the winner of the lower bracket as well?

Just a suggestions.  Gimme some feedback.

PoorBoy himself :-\'

blakstr1

i personally like this scenario, i always have..i think it just adds another dimension to the competition.  Maybe it will force guys to stay "on their game" a bit more, who knows....good luck, i hope you do it.
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Cheetam

Quote from: PoorBoy on April 18, 2006, 09:45:01 AM
I bring in more weight that Cheetam ( of course :D )

Did you get into your grandad's hooch again?
Jeff

McCarter

;D

Grandads been gone for a while now, but he always drank the good stuff.  Wild Turkey!!!  He used to call a bottle of Wild Turkey the dentist.  Whenver he had a toothache, he would drink the bottle and then pull his own tooth with a pair of pliers.  That man hated doctors of any kind.  I think he had a bad experience with one in WW2.

PoorBoy himself :-\'

Dan

I like it. A new twist. We need to keep things edgy and fun. Sounds great to me. A little Joe Thomas Show action almost. Going to suggest it for our Tear Drop Tournament Trail. By the way we have a $5,000 two day Classic Fish Off and all tournaments are 100% payback. It's a west side thing though. Plus it's northwest, Michigan's Great Northwest Corner that is!  Our new flyers are out now as well.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

blakstr1

I don't have to go too far out on a limb by sayint Teardrop's $5k Classic pot is one of the best for a club that I know of.  Dan, what does it take to qualify for the Classic and how many spots are up for grabs to go to the Classic??
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Dan

This year we take the top 10 overall point leaders from 6 tournaments plus last year's winner and a wild card draw of all the boats that fished or paid for the 6 tournaments. We probably average 23 boats per tournament so almost a 50/50 chance in making the classic. Check our web page and you can see the lake by lake tournament results and overall standings last year. The Classic pay out is top to bottom so if you make the Classic you get a check. Usually goes first five places break down and last half get all the same amount. We sell ad space in our flyer and that gets us most of the Classic payout money. We also have a Jackpot entry fee. One thing that has helped our ad sales is that we have a Ad Sponsor tournament. If you buy a $200 ad you get to fish with one of our guys in a small sponsor tournament and the winning sponsor gets their ad money back. We also take all the competitors out for a meal afterwards. It has been very popular and some ad buyers want in and don't even care if we publish their ad as long as they get to fish.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."