Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:27:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

New to Board

Started by Duke, April 17, 2006, 03:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke

Hey guys, I'm new to the board and want to say this is a great website.  :D I had a buddy tell me about it. I check it out and now can't resist becoming a member myself. I live in the South Bend area and fish Hoosier Pro Team Tournaments and fish in Four Seasons Bass Club. I fish several cash tourneys annually, in particular Lunker's and Miller Tournaments ran by Mickey Thomas/Dave Clark.

I've been doing quite a bit of fishing the past few weeks and have catching a lot of fish, though not nearly the quality Rufus has been getting. Son-of-a-gun! that guy is hot!!  :o Mostly, I've been fishing Manitou, Koontz, and Pine & Stone in LaPorte.

I got a question for you all already. I have qualified for the state tournament on Ohio River (Rocky Point) in July and have never been there. Any of you got any advice? I'm a boater and don't want to ruin my prop or my pride. If you can tell me a website or anything to help me out I'll be forever appreciative.

I'm excited to be a member and excited to get to know many of you.

Duke
Duke

stackenem

Welcome to the site Duke. You will enjoy this forum and hopefully get the answer to your questions.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

Revtro

Welcome aboard Duke!  I can't help you with the Ohio River, but I hope you'll keep posting.  Enjoy GLB!
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

djkimmel

Thanks for signing on - been 16 years since I was on the Ohio River as far west as Wolf Creek (I think that is it). Back then, that was the best creek, but I was looking at a 75 mile run from the East to get there and drew the wrong boat for the run (I was a non-boater in that one). The water was rising and I believe at least two guys made the National Championship the last day alone out of the creek (it was the BASS Northern Divisional).

One of our guys made the looonnnng 100+ mile run to Rocky Point because that was the big fish spot back then. He was catching enough of the big ones to make it, but spun a hub with no spare the 3rd day at the 50 mile mark.

I imagine (and have heard) things have changed quite a bit since then. I just remember Wolf Cr had some decent milfoil clumps holding lots of shad, with some interested bass in the area.

Everything else I had was pretty much all the way back to the previous dam and lock so what I could remember would be a giant run for you. We may have another guy or two on here that's been there before.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

fiker

Welcome to the board.  I hope you enjoy yourself as much as I do.
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

canvsbk

Kinda nice to have a neighbor here, welcome.

I heard Mickey was going to fish Bair in Jones in the Thursday deal.
Sure hope they did something with the ramp there, and where in the world are they going to put al the Boats?????

Good Luck this year....will be watching for your Diamond Lake reports...!
Look past what they want you to see.

blakstr1

(in my best John Wayne voice)

welcome to the board Pilgrim, sit down and stay a while would ya...

;D
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Duke

Canvsbk,

I'm not sure if they're fishing Bair Lake on Thursdays. Mickey does not run that night, he runs the Tuesday nighters. Personally, I've never been to Bair Lake. I believe Jeff Stankovic runs Thursday nights. Thus, I have no idea, where they would put the boats.

If you're my neighbor, you've got to be close to me. I preside in the metropolis  :D of North Libery. I fish Koontz and Maxinkuckee all year and I think Maxi is one of the better lakes in the area. I'm fond of Wawasee as well, but it seems to kick my tail whenever I have money on it. I'm making a commitment to mastering the mighty  ;) St. Joe this year.

Nice to meet you.
Duke