Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 02:52:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

crankbait color for lake st clair

Started by bob o, January 11, 2010, 09:32:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skulley

Quote from: jcheetam on January 28, 2010, 08:00:15 PM
Something like this?

That's it!!!     8)    That bait has caught fish on every body of water I have fished since they started selling that pattern as on of the Bomber Excalibur baits from it's first inception.  It actually started out as Fat Free Shads smaller of the two sizes that originally came out.  I think there was a 7 which was the original Fat Free Shad that Mark Davis won a Classic with which dove from 7 to 12 feet.  The size 6 dove from 5 to 9 feet.  It only came in the size 6 at first.  Then with the inception of the fingerling size which was a size 5 and then the size 4 which was the Fat Free Shad Fry.  When ever I see this bait in a store on a rack, I buy it.  You never know when they will stop making a bait.  I have many of the old autograph lures and I still throw them.  They work every bit as good as any other more expensive crankbait.  However, they are rare now and will cost as much as a Lucky Craft even when bidding for them on eBay or any other auction site.

BD           ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

bob o

maybe we can get a BULK discount on copper bream repaints from someone hmmmmm  ::)

Skulley

Quote from: bob o on January 29, 2010, 08:51:11 AM
maybe we can get a BULK discount on copper bream repaints from someone hmmmmm  ::)

Don't tease us......tell us how!!!!????

BD             ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

bob o

if i could repaint a crankbait as good as some of the guys on this site i would i would tell ya.  ;D

Cheetam

Quote from: bob o on January 29, 2010, 08:51:11 AM
Let me know who that is.  I may want in on it...lol.
Jeff

Got Fish??

bassassasin88

I got a KVD signature series rogue I retired. I wish I could find one of those somewhere, that lure caught some fish. I would guess it's 12-14 years old?

Skulley

Quote from: bassassasin88 on January 31, 2010, 07:20:56 PM
I got a KVD signature series rogue I retired. I wish I could find one of those somewhere, that lure caught some fish. I would guess it's 12-14 years old?

Keep an eye on eBay.  I have bought several from sellers there.  You can also find some of the other signature baits from Pradco that have now been discontinued for years.  That bait I believe was in the color "clown".  I still have several and do throw them still.  It is just a fish catching bait especially on Lake St. Clair.

BD           ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

bigjc

Quote from: UAWBigDog on January 29, 2010, 07:42:04 AM
Quote from: jcheetam on January 28, 2010, 08:00:15 PM
Something like this?

That's it!!!     8)    That bait has caught fish on every body of water I have fished since they started selling that pattern as on of the Bomber Excalibur baits from it's first inception.  It actually started out as Fat Free Shads smaller of the two sizes that originally came out.  I think there was a 7 which was the original Fat Free Shad that Mark Davis won a Classic with which dove from 7 to 12 feet.  The size 6 dove from 5 to 9 feet.  It only came in the size 6 at first.  Then with the inception of the fingerling size which was a size 5 and then the size 4 which was the Fat Free Shad Fry.  When ever I see this bait in a store on a rack, I buy it. 

BD           ;D
We may not often agree politically, but I'm with ya on that one bro...I love Fat Free shads.  And the old discont'd colors are my favs.  They used to make a sweet blue back on white/silver that was awsome, I bought every one I could find.  They are great on the River.  One year I probably spent a grand buying FFS's.  And the signature series...I would not mind finding some of those in some old tackle shop covered in dust.

Skulley

Quote from: bigjc on February 04, 2010, 08:11:19 PM

We may not often agree politically, ..........

So what has you and I disagreeing politically got to do with this subject.  You carry a grudge or something.    ::)

BD                 ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

bigjc

No grudge, I just never forget a political argument.  Nor do I ever lose them! ???

LipRip

The all pink 8" stick baits work real well!!!!!

lol.

Skulley

Quote from: bigjc on February 05, 2010, 10:34:27 PM
No grudge, I just never forget a political argument.  Nor do I ever lose them! ???
::)   Yeah....right!!!  (note significant sarcasm)  You must be ebond's cousin or something!!!!   :o

Good!!  I always forget political arguements as they are most insignificant.  No one loses a political arguement.  Back to fishing....after all that is what we are logged on for.

BD           ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Durand Dan

Quote from: UAWBigDog on February 06, 2010, 07:03:01 AM
Quote from: bigjc on February 05, 2010, 10:34:27 PM
No grudge, I just never forget a political argument.  Nor do I ever lose them! ???
::)   Yeah....right!!!  (note significant sarcasm)  You must be ebond's cousin or something!!!!   :o

Good!!  I always forget political arguements as they are most insignificant.  No one loses a political arguement.  Back to fishing....after all that is what we are logged on for.

BD           ;D
I have a new puppy that ate my copy of "How to win friends and influence People". At the rate he is growing he might have eaten several other copies! ;D

Skulley

I must be slow or something this morning Dan...........or missing something here.  I don't get it!!!    ???   Aren't we supposed to be talking about crankbait colors that work on LSC???       ???

BD           ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

bob o

well, after some a few (lost count at No.4) cold beers at liberty street brewing, and checking out some repaints i brought and looking at some of j's pictures four hours later i came to the conclusion that almost anything will catch a bass in LSC (except 8" pink stickbaits) so i ended up leaving a couple cranks for jcheetam paint for the up coming season. i'll post the new baits when i get'em, hey who knows maybe i'll meet with jc a the brewery again to pick them back up. hmmmm beeeers

later
bob o