Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:11:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Something new to check out at the Show

Started by ROI Outdoors, January 05, 2010, 07:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VinceR

As a Cobra owner (going into the 12th season on Great Lakes waters), I can honestly say that there is no issue with that hull being hard on your back. If you don't have a feel for the trim, it can be wet.

From what I've heard, the modifications that Legend made to Alpha series hull addressed the wet ride. An added benefit to the hull mods was slightly better top end speed.

I'm pleased enough with the way that my Cobra has performed that I would seriously consider the Legend for my next boat. As a matter of fact, it is running neck and neck with the other boats on a verrrry short list. The fact that there is now a dealer in Michigan moves it to the top.

sterk149

Legend fit & finish is improving, and make a nice looking machine.  Though I have heard and seen posts that the hulls are a very old (20 years?) design, 480 Ranger, Hawk, Cobra evolved series and are reasonably fast, but, wet, wet, wet, wet and tough on your back

The rumors of Legend using a 480 Ranger hull and that it is a old design - Is totally false!! Its all just a rumor - Legend contract John Stoire the original designer of Champion to design the Alpha hulls.

I have rode in this boat on Muskegon lake in 2-3ft waves and I am here to tell you that it was the smoothest ride that I have ever been in, and I have been In every boat out there. That is why this boat is coming to Camp & Cruise - If it wasn't a great boat I won't be bring this boat to you guys.
Camp & Cruise - Sales
RDT- Reel Deal Tournaments - Owner/ tournament director

Chad@campandcruise.com

Puma

Sorry guys, was not trying to offend anyone, just repeating information from what I considered to be a reliable source, for those who may want to know.

All deserve the right to have pride in their respective boats, and each their own opinion of all.  Although I like the looks of the Legend, I am sticking with my Cat.  Sterk, does this mean Camp N Cruise will not be selling Bass Cats?

smbassman

I was told they will not carry BassCats.  I agree the Fit and Finish was nice and in many ways overkill in my opinion (metal flake gel coat in the bilge?).  Not that overkill on the visual stuff is a problem, but I would want to be sure the design and built in strength of the things you can't see (hull, transom, stringers, etc) were more important than looking pretty.

The hull did appear to be very similar to the old (narrow) champion hulls.  Probably very good rough water, but not likely completely dry.  Not enough flare in the front (again my opinion).  The seats were nice but the carpet seamed to be lighter weight.

I am perfectly comfortable with the basscat track record that I do not intend to look elsewhere any time soon.  But Legend does seem to be a good boat.

VinceR

Quote from: Puma on January 13, 2010, 06:25:32 PM
Sorry guys, was not trying to offend anyone, just repeating information from what I considered to be a reliable source, for those who may want to know.

All deserve the right to have pride in their respective boats, and each their own opinion of all.  Although I like the looks of the Legend, I am sticking with my Cat.  Sterk, does this mean Camp N Cruise will not be selling Bass Cats?

None taken whatsoever. As a matter of fact, the other boat on that verrry short list is Bass Cat.

Something about those Mountain Home built boats.

mikesmiph

I talked to the guys at C&C for a very long time. I asked about Cats too. I was never given the impression that they would not be selling them, just that they would not have them in stock, or at the shows. As far as a ride in the Legend, I was put on a list at the Novi show for a test ride in the spring. Its the same list for me, Bass Catt, Legend, but also Ranger 21

sterk149

Camp & Cruise is a BassCat dealer and we will be stocking Cats this spring - we were unable to get some in time for the detroit show. I am the guy spear heading the bass boat project here at Camp & Cruise so unless it is said from me - its all just a rumor. Sorry guys didn't mean to be so abrupt and hard but i don't  want any thing out the the web that isn't true.
Camp & Cruise - Sales

Chad@campandcruise.com

mikesmiph

Please let us know when you get some Cats in and which models. I NEED to sit in one and touch one. Thanks Sterk, old buddy old pal. LOL Arent we related somehow? Dont you give discounts to relatives? LOL ;D

Waterfoul

If that was the case Mike... his brother wouldn't be driving the boat he currently has!  LOL!!!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

sterk149

waterfowl - you sure can tell its winter time in Michigan in the Marine business - we spend way to much time on here in the afternoons - LOL  ;D
Camp & Cruise - Sales

Chad@campandcruise.com

Waterfoul

Quote from: sterk149 on January 14, 2010, 03:34:37 PM
waterfowl - you sure can tell its winter time in Michigan in the Marine business - we spend way to much time on here in the afternoons - LOL  ;D

You think????  LOL!!!

Uh oh... customer just pulled up. Wish me luck!   ;)
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

smbassman

Quote from: sterk149 on January 14, 2010, 11:08:35 AM
Camp & Cruise is a BassCat dealer and we will be stocking Cats this spring - we were unable to get some in time for the detroit show. I am the guy spear heading the bass boat project here at Camp & Cruise so unless it is said from me - its all just a rumor. Sorry guys didn't mean to be so abrupt and hard but i don't  want any thing out the the web that isn't true.

My apologies, I was told by the person showing me around the Legend that C & C decided not to carry BassCat and would only carry Legend fiberglass bass boats.  There must be some disconnect within C & C, cause I was very specific in my question.  Otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned anything here.  Glad to see a Cat dealer in Michigan again!  I'll stop by again at the Grand Rapids show.

WayneC

If it adds to the conversation I have an '84 Champion and specifically asked the previous owner to talk to me first when he was ready to sell it because it rides so well on St. Clair chop.

(This refers to the earlier post by smbassman)

VinceR

It's possible the the guy showing you around the boat may have been Wayne (I think that was his name) the Legend midwest rep. That was his boat that was on display at the show, and he was there when I was there, too. That might explain his "second best" reference to Bass Cat, and mis-information about Camp & Cruise's Bass Cat status.

ROI Outdoors

Quote from: VinceR on January 14, 2010, 09:43:06 PM
It's possible the the guy showing you around the boat may have been Wayne (I think that was his name) the Legend midwest rep. That was his boat that was on display at the show, and he was there when I was there, too. That might explain his "second best" reference to Bass Cat, and mis-information about Camp & Cruise's Bass Cat status.

Yes it was the Legend rep. Wayne showing the boat.  For a second there I thought I was on the BBC boards - Camp & Cruise is a Bass Cat Dealer and hopefully a Legend Dealer - more boats equals better competition, better competition equals better boats with better prices.  Like BASSFISHERMAN would say:
Four Winns Boats RULE
Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

sterk149

Hey guys - just wanted you to know that Camp & Cruise will have (2) Legend boats at the Grand Rapids show a Alpha 211 and a 199 stop by and take a look!
Camp & Cruise - Sales

Chad@campandcruise.com

macbass

sterk the question is will you have any basscats at the show

IF ITS NOT A CAT ITS A DOG: BASSCAT PERFORMANCE BOATS www.thedropshotdenny.com www.hookednhunted.com

oldjigger

why have the kitty again they had them for years once rid of them good enough

macbass

old jigger be easy on us cat owners...i will see you saturday...

IF ITS NOT A CAT ITS A DOG: BASSCAT PERFORMANCE BOATS www.thedropshotdenny.com www.hookednhunted.com

robtheboatman

Bass Cat is 2nd best???

You're right Mac...That guy didn't know what he was talking about.  I always thought they were more like 7th or 8th. :D

Sorry, I just couldn't resist getting you all worked-up..  Your Widowmaker tubes look great...Can't wait for the ice to go away so I can use 'em

Thanks
Rob