Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:51:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Identifying GLB members at the show

Started by fiker, January 03, 2010, 09:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fiker

A few years ago, we put into practice the habit of wearing red hooks at shows and such. 
That way, we could identify other GLB members and introduce ourselves. 

At the Wonderland Spring show a couple of years ago Dan had them for sale.
I don't know if he even does that anymore, but if not, you can make one by dipping an old dull hook into red jig paint, or raid the little woman's red nail polish and touch one up. 

I wear mine on my hat.

Of course an even better idea is to purchase and wear proudly GLB hats, shirts, etc. from the GLB store.  This helps Dan fund the website, and it would help us attract new members as we walk around the show.

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

mikesmiph

My first stop on Saturday morning will be the GLBass booth the buy a hat, to wear with my Nemesis shirt. So many clothing choices lol. Everyone has hats and t-shirts, and I want one of all of them. Just can't wear them all at the same time LOL

Waterfoul

Well, I'll have a Nemesis shirt on for sure.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Skulley

They don't make Nemisis shirts big enough for guys like LaPorte and me.  So I won't get any free tackle from them.  I feel cheated.   :'(  I figure if I wine enough about it, eventually I may get a shirt and a hoodie in a XXL.  "Squeaky wheel gets the grease."  But I will be stopping by the GLB booth to purchase a hat if they are available in black with the yellow/orange logo.  

BD            ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

mikesmiph

I'll have a block of cheese for you too BD. LOL

Skulley

I like cheese with my wwwwwiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnneeeee!!!!    :o

BD             ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

MadWags

Us GLB members are easy to spot because we are all so darn ugly, especially McCarter. LOL!
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

Waterfoul

Quote from: MadWags on January 03, 2010, 04:05:34 PM
Us GLB members are easy to spot because we are all so darn ugly, especially McCarter. LOL!

You sir can speak for yourself (and Mcarter).  I happen to be a very good looking fellow.  :D
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

macbass

there is another opinion.....mike you didnt look in the mirror this morning before you said that did you...lmao   must of still had your sunglasses on vision was impaired

IF ITS NOT A CAT ITS A DOG: BASSCAT PERFORMANCE BOATS www.thedropshotdenny.com www.hookednhunted.com

djkimmel

Quote from: mikesmiph on January 03, 2010, 09:15:31 AM
My first stop on Saturday morning will be the GLBass booth the buy a hat, to wear with my Nemesis shirt. So many clothing choices lol. Everyone has hats and t-shirts, and I want one of all of them. Just can't wear them all at the same time LOL

Some pros have contracts where they wear this hat and that shirt during these times... maybe you could switch hats and/or shirts every two hours? ;D

I will not be carrying a bunch of t-shirts and hats at the show. Maybe only  2 or 3 of each. Too much to do with everything else to get ready for the show and an upcoming trip, and holding on to inventory is expensive. I'll have a very few to give away randomly to people at the show. Very limited this time around. I may have some 14" decals if the printer hurries.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Quote from: fiker on January 03, 2010, 09:00:23 AM
A few years ago, we put into practice the habit of wearing red hooks at shows and such. 
That way, we could identify other GLB members and introduce ourselves. 

At the Wonderland Spring show a couple of years ago Dan had them for sale.
I don't know if he even does that anymore, but if not, you can make one by dipping an old dull hook into red jig paint, or raid the little woman's red nail polish and touch one up. 

I wear mine on my hat.

Of course an even better idea is to purchase and wear proudly GLB hats, shirts, etc. from the GLB store.  This helps Dan fund the website, and it would help us attract new members as we walk around the show.

I'm out of the red hooks and haven't looked for another batch in a while. Sorry. I tried to get Danny to tattoo the logo on his forehead since he is getting rids and stuff at the show, but he wouldn't do it. Probably not feasible for anyone else ;D

Part of the goal of being at the shows is to sign up more members. Eventually, if we could make them ALL members, then we wouldn't have to wonder!! Easier that way, but yes, my work is cut out for me. :D

fiker, thanks so much for the kind words.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

McCarter

i may be ugly, but your drunk.  in the morning i will still be ugly but you will no longer be drunk ;D

McCarter himself :-\'                       

Waterfoul

Quote from: McCarter on January 03, 2010, 07:51:52 PM
i may be ugly, but your drunk.  in the morning i will still be ugly but you will no longer be drunk ;D

McCarter himself :-\'                       

Well, I know you're not talking about me... I don't drink!!  Soooo... I truely am a handsome fellow!!  ;D

mikesmiph

ROI Outdoors

If anyone wants a hat let me know - I'll have some of the following:

Camo Caps - orange blaze camo, winter camo, navy camo, and desert camo
Cool Release Caps - Black, White
Mossy Oak Fleece Beanie - Mossy Oak Camo
All are stitched embroidered with the pretty colors of the super-cool unmistakableabley cheesy ultra hip ROI Logo 8) 8) 8) 8)

I want a UAWBigDog Camo Cap in Toyota Tundra Camo if they're available.
Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

MadWags

Quote from: Return On Investment Outdoors on January 03, 2010, 09:55:02 PM

I'm pretty sure thems are fighting words. :)

McCarter!
How the heck did you know I was drunk?
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

djkimmel

You must have been since you quoted someone else completely!?! Maybe I should have a ban on posting under the influence?!?

NO PUI!!! What will the kids think??

ROI Outdoors

Quote from: djkimmel on January 04, 2010, 02:25:14 PM
You must have been since you quoted someone else completely!?! Maybe I should have a ban on posting under the influence?!?

NO PUI!!! What will the kids think??

You could get something similiar to an ignition interlock breathalyzer device put on repeat offenders computers - MADP Mothers Against Druck Posting would surely be supportive. :D :D :D :D

Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

djkimmel

Earlier today I discussing some type of keyboard locking device with someone. I was thinking about maybe a broader use for it yet, but we were unable to come up with a workable solution at this time.

Skulley

Quote from: Return On Investment Outdoors on January 03, 2010, 09:55:02 PM
Don't count on it!!!   :o    Although there are UAW workers in California that assemble Toyotas.  I don't think they're Tundras though.  But still...........Don't count on it!!!    ::)

BD          ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com