Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:50:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Identifying GLB members at the show

Started by fiker, January 03, 2010, 09:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McCarter

Quote from: djkimmel on January 04, 2010, 02:25:14 PM
Maybe I should have a ban on posting under the influence?

I wouldnt know what to do with all the added free time if i couldnt post while intoxicated

djkimmel

Quote from: McCarter on January 06, 2010, 11:45:19 PM
Maybe I should have a ban on posting under the influence?

I wouldnt know what to do with all the added free time if i couldnt post while intoxicated

Maybe pour some more molten lead?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Frank

In my case i believe that PUI is acceptable and expected.  I left a bar full of amazing women, have another one upstairs, and i prefer to come home and see what you all are talking about.  when im done on here, very soon, im going to cast a cat toy, yes its tied on my rod, around my house for an hour.  i consider it practice, my cat is stoned on cat nip.  then, eventually ill go to bed, only to get up at noon and see you tomorrow at the show.  and this, my friends, is why i think PUI is acceptable.

MadWags

Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

Mike S.

Quote from: Return On Investment Outdoors on January 04, 2010, 11:34:36 PM
You must have been since you quoted someone else completely!?! Maybe I should have a ban on posting under the influence?!?

NO PUI!!! What will the kids think??

You could get something similiar to an ignition interlock breathalyzer device put on repeat offenders computers - MADP Mothers Against Druck Posting would surely be supportive. :D :D :D :D

Maybe you should do something about this PUI issue.  Should maybe set up some guide lines for DRUCK posting.  Just thought that was funny.

Mike S.

Oh yeah, you'll be able to pick me out in the crowd.  Just look for the guy whose wife walks around with the I hate this guy look on her face.  I'm not too popular the last few days. ??? ;D

Skulley

Quote from: MadWags on January 04, 2010, 07:16:39 AM
Quote from: Return On Investment Outdoors on January 03, 2010, 09:55:02 PM
I want a UAWBigDog Camo Cap in Toyota Tundra Camo if they're available.

I'm pretty sure thems are fighting words. :)

McCarter!
How the heck did you know I was drunk?

Madwags those ARE fightin' words.  However, since I am a lover and not a fighter we can let ROI live in his own little fairy tale world and possibly believe whatever it is he believes.  These persons that drive imports may someday get a clue.  However I am not going to hold my breath on that.  Also no one needs that aggravation.  ROI, why would you pick a fight with someone you don't even know?!?!?    You don't even know me at all to tease me or kid around with me.  Life is too short and I don't have any more time for that kind of stuff.  Besides this is a family style peaceful forum and it should be kept that way. 

And I agree with McCarter, how did you know I was drunk and what would I do with all that extra time if I couldn't post while I was drunk.  Remember "Stay thirsty my friends!!!"  

Maybe ROI was drunk when he made that Toyota comment.  Still that is no excuse to pick a fight if in fact that is what he was doing and if you are going to pick a fight............go somewhere else to pick it and don't pick it with me.  I didn't do anything to you and I don't even know you.  I WILL NOT ENGAGE YOU ON THIS SUBJECT ANY FURTHER!!!   ::)   Thank you!!    ;D    Enough about that....lets get back to what this site and forum are all about.......FISHING!!!!    

Peace Brother!!!!   :D

BD            ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

C'mon guys. Lets not make it sound like we can't discuss things without getting wound up too much. I don't think the intent was so serious and maybe I do need to institute a PUI ban or device of some type?

It's Ultimate Fishing Show weekend. Let's concentrate on that. I've met some of you already. Hope to meet many more. Booth 2355 near the NBAA casting contest lanes - down the first lane from Lake Ultimate.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

ROI Outdoors

Quote from: UAWBigDog on January 08, 2010, 11:34:01 AM

McCarter!

Madwags those ARE fightin' words.  However, since I am a lover and not a fighter we can let ROI live in his own little fairy tale world and possibly believe whatever it is he believes.  These persons that drive imports may someday get a clue.  However I am not going to hold my breath on that.  Also no one needs that aggravation.  ROI, why would you pick a fight with someone you don't even know?!?!?    You don't even know me at all to tease me or kid around with me.  Life is too short and I don't have any more time for that kind of stuff.  Besides this is a family style peaceful forum and it should be kept that way. 

And I agree with McCarter, how did you know I was drunk and what would I do with all that extra time if I couldn't post while I was drunk.  Remember "Stay thirsty my friends!!!"  

Maybe ROI was drunk when he made that Toyota comment.  Still that is no excuse to pick a fight if in fact that is what he was doing and if you are going to pick a fight............go somewhere else to pick it and don't pick it with me.  I didn't do anything to you and I don't even know you.  I WILL NOT ENGAGE YOU ON THIS SUBJECT ANY FURTHER!!!   ::)   Thank you!!    ;D    Enough about that....lets get back to what this site and forum are all about.......FISHING!!!!    

BD            ;D

I don't drink and have never owned a Toyota - BD I was just joking and meant no disrespect.  I do look forward to meeting you so I can apologize in person.  I think we should go fishing down in Texas on a power plant lake or something to clear the air - your boat and I'll pull it with my Ford Explorer!  Are you going to be at the show Saturday?  I'll buy you a beer or a bag of Nemesis Gobies!
Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

mikesmiph

I've never met either of you, although, I've talked to both of you on the phone. I like you both, and think you are both great guys. I believe Luke was joking, he seems to be that type LOL. We'll have a group hug when we are all there. Poor skinny Luke will get squished between us BD. LOL

Durand Dan

Quote from: Return On Investment Outdoors on January 09, 2010, 02:55:59 AM
Quote from: UAWBigDog on January 08, 2010, 11:34:01 AM

McCarter!

BD            ;D

I don't drink and have never owned a Toyota - BD I was just joking and meant no disrespect.  I do look forward to meeting you so I can apologize in person.  I think we should go fishing down in Texas on a power plant lake or something to clear the air - your boat and I'll pull it with my Ford Explorer!  Are you going to be at the show Saturday?  I'll buy you a beer or a bag of Nemesis Gobies!
I'll be there in the morning to referee!  However, I do have an occasional beer and drive a Tundra! 

MadWags

I once had an awkward moment just to see what it was like. ;)
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

Skulley

I think this silly subject is put to bed.  First I was not all bent out of shape about this.  I was trying to be polite as I could so as not to offend anyone.  As I said, I am a lover and not a fighter.  ROI, you don't have to do anything for me.  You really don't even owe me an apology.  I have a great sense of humor.  Glad you drive an Explorer.  What would it take to get you into a new Dodge?  If I offended you in anyway....I apologize for that.  As I said at the end of my post "Peace Brother".  

DK, I do understand that sometimes things are said here that people interpret in different ways.  That is why I try to use the emoticons whenever I can.  As you saw in my post I did not use the one that interprets anger as I am not angry.  Friday night you should have pulled me aside for 5 minutes and spoke with me about it in person.  I will see you today at the show.  I will be there with my son.

BD          ;D  

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

Okay everyone. Did not see what was happening on the thread until late that night after the show closed and I was back in the hotel room. So no chance to talk to anyone before I posted, but this time of year, misunderstandings happen easier and faster for some reason at times so I try to react a little faster too?

We will be having a large number of new members on here very shortly - a 10% increase practically overnight. That means more people to get to know and find out about each other.

Everyone, just please remember, some topics are probably best left alone. Too risky - topics like the unions - jobs are a very sensitive topic right now for many in these challenging times - and politics for sure.

Please remember that with new people and people you don't know well, it is easy to misunderstand or take something wrong, or not feel about it the same way as you do. There's many more women members now maybe than some of us testosterone members might be aware of. And quite a few young people who we can have positive impact on.

If something someone posts does rub you wrong, take some time to think about it for a while before you post. If you're not in the best of moods or under a lot of stress for some other reason (believe me, I have these problem at times too) maybe take some time off from posting.

Reading and replying to anything on here is always voluntary. I'm counting on all of you, my friends, to continue to do the generally great job you do in dealing with each other in an adult and thoughtful manner. Thank you so much. And thanks to so many of you I can't count who came to the show and visited! I'm sure glad we had the BIG Ultimate Fishing Show to distract us and provide a great deal of entertainment, enjoyment and fun.

Skulley

Quote from: djkimmel on January 11, 2010, 01:32:51 PM
Okay everyone. Did not see what was happening on the thread until late that night after the show closed and I was back in the hotel room. So no chance to talk to anyone before I posted, but this time of year, misunderstandings happen easier and faster for some reason at times so I try to react a little faster too?

We will be having a large number of new members on here very shortly - a 10% increase practically overnight. That means more people to get to know and find out about each other.

Everyone, just please remember, some topics are probably best left alone. Too risky - topics like the unions - jobs are a very sensitive topic right now for many in these challenging times - and politics for sure.

Please remember that with new people and people you don't know well, it is easy to misunderstand or take something wrong, or not feel about it the same way as you do. There's many more women members now maybe than some of us testosterone members might be aware of. And quite a few young people who we can have positive impact on.

If something someone posts does rub you wrong, take some time to think about it for a while before you post. If you're not in the best of moods or under a lot of stress for some other reason (believe me, I have these problem at times too) maybe take some time off from posting.

Reading and replying to anything on here is always voluntary. I'm counting on all of you, my friends, to continue to do the generally great job you do in dealing with each other in an adult and thoughtful manner. Thank you so much. And thanks to so many of you I can't count who came to the show and visited! I'm sure glad we had the BIG Ultimate Fishing Show to distract us and provide a great deal of entertainment, enjoyment and fun.

Here, here................... ;)

BD               ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com