Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:02:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

SPI- New directors, opening on Croton Pond on 5\29\10

Started by Ranger93, December 31, 2009, 08:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranger93

New directors, same old tournament, full schedule coming in the next couple weeks!!!!!!
Ranger "Still building legends"

Waterfoul

Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Waterfoul

Sports Persons Internation.  At one time it was known as the Kellogsville Sportspersons Club.  We fish the West Michigan area.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Nitro898

SPI stands for Sportspersons Ministries International. the organization sponsors the bass tournament trail that use to be Kelloggsville Sportspersons Club. This tournament trail has gone on for years,and basically its a bunch of guys who love to fish tournaments at a lower cost, and also have a great time together. I have fished in the trail since 2006 and have enjoyed being in the tournaments. Rich Hale ran the tournaments and did a great job.This year Rich didn't know if he could commit to all the tournaments and with all the work there is in running the tournaments asked to have someone else run the trial.The tournaments will be run almost the exact way they always have been and by the first post, the first tournament is on Croton Pond on Memorial Weekend. We hope to see lots of new and existing members join the trail. If you have any questions or information please post.

Waterfoul

Great... a bed fishing slugfest.  Or not based on the last time we were there for the opener.  But that's o.k. because that stinking lake OWES me some fish!!!  I've never done well there... but I think I'm due!!!!  8)

Waterfoul

Hey, Maury stopped in my store Wed. afternoon.  He mentioned that one or two of the events would be non-classic qualifier events.  True?  I think that's a good idea if it is true.

BassMastaJ

Not official but the plan right now is to not drop any scores. Highest point totals will get to the classic.

Waterfoul

Hope I'm not pressing you guys... but how many events this year?  I've actually had a couple local guys come in the store and ask me if I know anything (guys who don't frequent the computer much).

Anxiously waiting for the schedule!  ;D

mibassfisherman

Fairly new to the area and after lurking here for several weeks now, I'm kinda wondering how are you doing with your schedule?   Kinda wondering why it's taking so long.  Everyone else seems to have their weekend schedules done.  Not trying to be an jerk or anything, just wondering and trying to plan my summer.

Thanks

LGMOUTH

If everyone knew what it takes to put together a good tournament schedule you would understand why it would take so long. Some directors work on their schedule the year before or at least have all fall to put it together. From what I can see here these are new directors that have probably never put one together before. Waiting for everyone else to put their schedules out seems to me is very smart if you want participation to be up. Scheduleing around most other circuits will be beneficial to them and everyone else. Believe me it is alot harder than it sounds to make it all come together for you and the anglers.

When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

fasttrack

Yup, you're right Lgmth. As a former co-director of this club who has put together several of the schedules I know. Waterfoul and I have one already made (a month ago) based on everyone's published schedule. Offered to share it with Jimmy and the guys but I guess they were already underway with their own plans - which is fine I guess. But that's why we're chompin at the bit because it will affect who is fishin what, with who, and when (sorry for the poor grammer Mike!) The counter-point would be that each week that goes by some other club/series takes away more dates. Since there are only a handful of bodies large enough to handle 40+ boats within an hour of GR the pickins are already extremely thin. But mostly I think we're all sick of winter and want to THINK SPRING!
Interstate Batteries      Rocket Marketing
Fast Track Appraisals   West Marine
Nemesis Baits              Kustom Kicker Jigs
CD's Engine Service     J&H Oil

Ranger93

Schedule is set...just waiting for confirmation and permits from the lakes we are headed to before we officially post it on Great Lakes or the Sportspersons Ministries International website.  Appreciate the patience.  Thanks for the support Don.

fasttrack

You hear someone crying? Not sure where that came from. How would we know if we did or didn't 'get what we want' since the schedule and rules aren't even out?  ??? That's not even the point of the whole discussion. I'm confident that the guys will do whats best for the good of club. They are good, dedicated, anglers (with a good taste in boats I might add!) that I know will work hard to make the club the best its ever been. Let's keep it on track and avoid the name-calling please Mr. kgr624.

Ranger93

Gentlemen,
There is no reason to get fired up at one another.  I will post the schedule as soon as it is confirmed and the last couple of launch sites get back to me.  We are 1 returned phone call away from having it finalized.  I am as anxious as anyone to get it posted so people can plan accordingly, but I refuse to put the schedule up before I am positive it will stay that way.  Also, I would like to remind everyone the ultimate purpose of this organization that puts these tournaments on.  I do not want disention among the anglers of this club, the anglers that make up this tournament trail have always been its strength.  Thanks and can't wait for spring and to see you out on the water.   

Waterfoul

Well Said Ranger93.  Like Marc said... I think some people are just chompin at the bit this time of year.  I know I am!!!  Hopefully you'll get that return call soon and we can all just settle down for the rest of the winter... attend a few fishing shows... rewire some electronics (right Marc?!?!?!?  I have your xducer and cable at my house by the way) and stare at the rack full of fishing rods tucked into the corner of the living room.  What... you guys don't keep your rods in your living room??   ::)

Is it Memorial Day weekend yet???   :o

Oh... and who said anything about good taste in boats Marc?  You're implying that we ALL have good tastes in boats right?.... Nitro, Ranger, and my favorite... Triton.   ;D

fasttrack

Bananaboat

Just moved back to Grand Rapids and am looking for some tournaments to fish in this summer.  Just wondering the pay out, how far away are the lakes, and how many boats come weekly on a regular basis.  Thanks
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent.

Waterfoul

Quote from: Bananaboat on January 07, 2010, 08:32:29 PM
Just moved back to Grand Rapids and am looking for some tournaments to fish in this summer.  Just wondering the pay out, how far away are the lakes, and how many boats come weekly on a regular basis.  Thanks

Payout is decent.  Classic qualifiers fish for free.  In the past we've fished as far north as Hamlin and as far south as Gun Lake.  We'll just have to wait and see what kind of schedule the new directors have come up with!!  I do know that Croton is first on the opening Saturday.

Bananaboat

Is this a pretty competitive tournament circuit in West Michigan?
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent.