Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:27:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Lowrance loses Linda Colt

Started by champion_206, January 18, 2010, 10:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

champion_206

Lowrance lost the best customer service employee Linda Colt, people who have dealt with her know how valuable she was to Lowrance, she will be missed
(Certified Evinrude Mechanic) Anglers Marine, Evinrude, Champion Boats,Crooked Creek Pro Staff

Eric

Hopefully she is going to Humminbird.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

REEL_MAN

When did she leave?? Now Hummingbird really has the advantage!!!

Reelman
<))))>{

champion_206

Quote from: REEL_MAN on January 19, 2010, 07:56:53 AM
When did she leave?? Now Hummingbird really has the advantage!!!
Reelman
<))))>{

She quit due to a new boss that has a power issue, why does these big companies treat their best employees like &^&*^* now Lowrance has NO, CS  she was the CS for lowrance, she has helped me many times, she will be missed, maybe its time for a change and get HB units
(Certified Evinrude Mechanic) Anglers Marine, Evinrude, Champion Boats,Crooked Creek Pro Staff

Bender

Here's the story from her son:

Wanted to let everyone know that after 21 years, Linda Colt has left Lowrance. She was actually forced out. Linda is my mother and it is in her best interest to quit. A couple of months ago she took some vacation time. She was called by a long time customer who had drove to Lowrance from out of town to get a unit repaired. He was shocked to find that the lobby was closed because mom was off. When mom found out she was mad and took it to her new boss, her new boss did not care and said she thought they should shut down the lobby. Mom was shocked as she had been giving thousands of Lowrance customers service in her lobby for 21 years. She escalated this to her bosses boss. Her bosses boss agreed with mom and disciplined moms new boss. Ever since that day her new boss has tried in every way to get mom out. Including 1) writing her up for working on her personal time. She found out that mom delivered a unit to a customer over the weekend and wrote her up for it. Truth is that mom worked 21 years without lunch breaks or 15 minute breaks, she went in at 5 am and left at 4 am yet she only turned in 40 hours every week. YOU WONT BELIEVE THIS. Last week she had a doctors appt, while she was out a long time customer came by and left a personal thank you card with Moms name on it with some guy named JOSH. Seems JOSH couldnt stand it so he opened the card and found a thank you card and a $50 gift card. Josh turned this in to Moms boss. The next day when mom returned to work, the customer called mom to see if she got her card, she said no that she had no idea what hes talking about, he said he gave it to Josh. So she asked Josh and found out he gave it to her boss. NEXT thing you know mom gets called in and written up for accepting a gift card. Keep in mind, she still to this day has not seen this card, yet she was written up for it. She was told it is illegal for any employee to get gifts from customers, she stated that she never received a gift. Funny thing is the next day, she had to hand deliver a weekends stay at Big Cedar that was given to another employee. Mom would never tell anyone about things like this. BOTTOM LINE, the Navico product is nothing near the quality that Lowrance was and mom takes it personal when she cant help a customer. She was crying every night and her Dr said she failed a stress test, her heart cant take it. Keep her in your prayers and GOOD LUCK to NAVICO..

I know she helped me out many times. I can't imagine dealing with them without her. It just confirms my switch to HB was the right one.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

t-bone

She sounds like a great employee that should have been praised and rewarded. Sounds like a boss that follows the HR rules to the letter versus recognizing people that are going above and beyond. I've never had to call on my Lowrance units but I saw and heard Linda Colt's name every time another Lowrance customer had a problem. Lowrance made a mistake on this one and it will come around to bite them.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

Waterfoul

If you stop and think about it... why do so many of us even know Linda?  Because we needed customer service.  I dealt with her several times on my Lorwance units and she always helped me out.  But I've never even had to call Humminbird about the two units I have on my Triton... therefore I don't even know the name of a single person at Humminbird.  Why is that?  Superior product perhaps? 

I truly hope the new HDS units are as good as they seem to be... if not Navico is in for some tough times, especially without Linda taking care of their customers.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Firefighter Jeff

I've seen numerous praises for Linda's customer service on another site.  I actually had her help me with one of my units.  She was top notch and great to work with.  Someone has made a huge mistake  !!!!!

SethV

The only reason I still have anything Lowrance on my boat is Linda.  Now that she is not there, I will NOT spend any more money with Lowrance.  All brands have issues - I have destroyed them all.  Garmin, Raymarine, HB and Lowrance.  The real key to making me happy is great customer service.  HB and Linda have (had) great customer service.  Note, I did not say Lowrance has customer service, just Linda.

Manxfishing

champion_206

She and Lowrance are in talks, lets hope only the best works out for Linda

Skulley

Sounds to me like Linda Colt is a stellar employee.  Her new boss should be discharged as well as this Josh character for opening someone elses mail.  I believe even though it did not come through the USPS it would still be a federal offense.  If I were Linda's bosses boss, I would discharge both of them.  Lowrance will be hurting without her.  I am sure a lot of Lowrance customers will buy other units from other customers.  I would.  I am a Hummingbird guy, but appreciate stellar customer service when I can get it no matter what company.  Hang in there Linda, I am rooting for you!!!!   ;)

BD        ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com