Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:23:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Big Tackle Presence at the Show

Started by WayneC, December 28, 2009, 08:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WayneC

Anglers Mart -      Anglers Mart & NBAA Membership Booth

Big Jon Sports -      Fishing Products

Brunner Runner -   Custom Bucktails

D & B Fishing -      Fishing Tackle

Dan Gapen -      Fishing Tackle and Fly Fishing Equipment

Eppinger Mfg. Co. -   Dardevle, Red Eye Fishing Lures

Eyeliminator Trolling Systems -   Fishing Tackle

Frank's Great Outdoors -   Fishing Tackle & Marine Electronics

Garneau Baits -      Fishing Tackle

Glo Crazy Lures -   Using Glowing Technology to Make the Best Lures Even Better

KD Outdoors -      Fishing and Hunting Equipment

Keeper Lures -      Fishing Tackle

King Fisherman Charter/100% No Knot - Knotless Fishing Line Connectors, 100% no ties

Koehler Industries -    Knot Tyer (Cinch Tie)

Lakeside Fishing Shop - Fishing Tackle; the New "Speedy spoon" Walleye Killer, also the Largest Walleye Boat on the Detroit River

Nemesis Baits -     Custom tackle that catches bass

Mac's Critters -      Spinnerbaits, Plastic Worms, Crankbaits & Jigs

Mikes RX Baits -   Megabass, C-Flash, Bass Trix, Jackall, Lucky Craft, Dobyns Rods

Mik Lurch Tackle Outlet -   Fishing Tackle

Precision Angling -   Premier Fishing Tackle

Ready 2 Tackle Charters -   Custom Jigs, Quick Slip Stinger Hooks & Drop Shot Perch Rigs

RP - 2 - Winfield Tackle Co - Fishing Tackle

Sea Quest Lures, Inc. -   Fishing Tackle, Lure Manufacturer

TJ's Tackle -       Pro-Tec Powder Paint, Jigs, Live Bait Rigs, Fluid Beds, Fishing Tackle

Wolverine Tackle Company - Silver Streaks, Magnum, Mini & Micro Streaks & Flodgers, Pro-Troll

Xtreme Bass Tackle -   Tournament quality custom baits

A fish story about your favorite bait from these folks goes a long way with GLB readers who can only look out the window at the frozen tundra right now.

Find out more about the Ultimate Fishing Show - Detroit at:  http://www.showspan.com/UFD/Home.aspx

Waterfoul

Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

WayneC

macbass

wayne dont forget DROP SHOT DENNYS BAIT & TACKLE he will be with djs custom rods...IN BOOTH 1358

IF ITS NOT A CAT ITS A DOG: BASSCAT PERFORMANCE BOATS www.thedropshotdenny.com www.hookednhunted.com

McCarter

This years Hooters after party is shaping up to be record breaking!!!

McCarter himself :-\'

WayneC

In the Rod Distributors, Custom Rods and more the DJS listing looks like this: Custom Built Fishing Rods & Fishing Tackle

DJS has the show listing in the program but by all means, tell us more about what you are bringing!

macbass

Tubes, jigs ,hand pours and wavespin reels....I am bringing the tackle for djs

IF ITS NOT A CAT ITS A DOG: BASSCAT PERFORMANCE BOATS www.thedropshotdenny.com www.hookednhunted.com

WayneC

More, more, more...

Whatcha got in tubes?  Names, colors, where do they work best?  Folks will find you to get the bait that will fix them up on their favorite water or fussy fish.  I've got at least one friend who is crazy for hand pours and I'll have him look you up.

macbass

wayne the tubes are called WIDOWMAKER TUBES double dipped 4 inch tubes only at this time in 25 colors salt and garlic... the body of this tube is shorter than most and the skirt is finer cut and longer than most...jigs are football heads only and the hand pours are sticks , gobys, gossimer minnows and drop shot worms....I havent spent much time with them on the east side yet...but they are around on the west side of the state...also oklahoma  missouri and south carolina. and have worked well for me in arkansas...

WayneC

Nice...There are going to be a lot of TBF guys at the show looking to fish Muskegon Lake for their State Championship and it looks like you have that covered well.  That tube/skirt ratio thing is something not seen too often.  It seems like every year someone strolls into my booth and asks for that exact cut which of course I don't have.  We can keep them happy now by sending them over to you.

Just from your post it sounds like you put your baits to the test out in the field.  That's invaluable information for the rabid bass anglers then the new kids on the block should get into your fishing stories and leave feeling good that you've put them on the right track and ready to get those baits in the water.  

It's worth repeating...DJS Rods and Drop Shot Dennys Bait & Tackle can be found at booth #1358.

macbass

thank you wayne also know dave hasty pretty well  should see him the weeked after the show in indiana..

Waterfoul

I can vouch for Denny's stick baits!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

mikesmiph

Wayne, have you by any chance heard if anyone might have a couple of the new Stradic CI4's? I was hoping to pick a couple up at show prices. Nobody seems to have any in stock yet.

VinceR

You will not likely find new Shimano reels at "sale" prices. Shimano has a policy of not allowing their authorized retailers to discount the reels. About the only time that I can find Shimano reels "on sale" is when a particular model has been redesigned or discontinued.

You should be able to find last years models for a substantial savings from several show vendors.

mikesmiph

WayneC

I've got some feelers out to see if any of these dealers are bringing that reel in next weekend.  Stay tuned...

motocross269

Mike, Shimano is tough on their prices...They won't even allow me to use my Military discount at BPS on Shimano reels.....What I do, is wait until I either get a good coupon or one of the distributors is having an X percentage off sale...I was able to get Shimano Curados during a black friday sale for 150 bucks to my door during a black friday sale...You will see those same kind of deals during spring shows...
I did have good luck with a couple of vendors last year at the show on a few Stradics on Sunday....The CI4 is pretty much back ordered everywhere...

WayneC

2010 BAIT NAMES TO BE RELEASED ON MONDAY, JANUARY 4th

Every year my new bait designs get rolled out at the first show of the season, The Ultimate Fishing Show—Detroit.  Over the years customers have seen the advent of the first 5" laminated tube with St. Clair Goby followed up by Great Lakes Craw and Firetiger.  The success these baits have had for the serious bass angler can be measured by their continued popularity and also the tournament dollars they bring in.

The research done to develop these baits has resulted in a core philosophy of bait development called, Natural Forage Technology™.  The latest tube designs to incorporate this are the 2008 release of St. Clair Crayfish™ and the 2009 release of the first tri-color laminate, Great Lakes Perch™.  Both have distinguished themselves as cross-over baits which are strong for both smallmouth and largemouth bass.

This year there are two new tubes, one a laminate and the other a tri-color laminate.  Both are the result of research done on forage species for bass and incorporates "what works" color priorities instead of the less effective "exact match" method.  Both baits fill out the XBT lineup of color selection by filling gaps in shading , regional choice and forage type.

An XBT first, a creature bait has crawled its way into the lineup and the color choice might surprise you.

Look for the names and images to be released on Monday, January 4 on this Ultimate Fishing Show forum on:

BrianB

I Have seen these baits up close and personal. Another knock out set of baits. Wayne these will be another add to your great collection of bait.

Got Fish??

Happy newyear wayne. Last yaer I spent a little time at a friends cottage near kalkaska. The staff at Jacks Baitshop in town turned me on to some of the hot spots nearby, So I turned a few of the guys on to your baits. I stoped in during deer season, to see how your tubs worked on thier lakes. thay pounded the smallies.Now thay are interested in your tubs, I will be at the show and would like to pick up some info, to take back up this spring to Jacks baitshop.