Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:00:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Reel Cleaning Success!

Started by Durand Dan, December 23, 2009, 07:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LipRip

Quote from: REEL_MAN on January 07, 2010, 09:34:04 AM
just don't go over board on the lube.

Reelman
<))))>{

now you tell me!

I'm gonna have to look in the book to see if my anti reverse thingy can be put in backwords. takin a monkey to it doesnt sound half bad!

REEL_MAN

Depending on the reel yes you can put the continuous anti-reverse in barkwards. Also, DON'T grease the anti-reverse!!!!!!!!!! the rollers don't like grease, they like oil so they can move easy.

REELMAN
<))))>{

Hooksetter

Or you can avoid all that hassle and send your reels to REEL_MAN every two years for a tune up! My reels work better than they did when they were new after he tunes them up!

REEL_MAN, you can expect to see a box full of Shimano reels on your doorstep in a month or so. I just need to strip the line off and get some bubble wrap for packaging.

Willie
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

TCook

I wonder if Reelman will be at the show this Saturday? It would be convenient to give him all my reels there instead of paying to ship them.
FISH HARD!!!

SethV

I tried to talk him into coming up - but he wasn't able to make it.

During the summer you can always catch him at the BFL's.  He saw the light and is going as a boater again this year!   ;D

REEL_MAN

I wanted to go to the show but had to work. Some people are lucky and get to go to Florida and want their reels cleaned. The one challange is they forget that salt is a killer and they should have them cleaned right after they return to the snowy north.
Yes I saw the light, going back to a non-boater last year wasn't bad  ;) but being the boater is much more better ;D

Reelman
<))))>{

mikesmiph

Durand Dan just thinks hes soooooooo smart. LOL  took the first one apart, and guess what? I only have 3 extra parts. I dont see them on the schematic anywhere lol. At least I picked my least expensive reel to start with. I'm not done trying. Thanks for the omen Dan lol

Basscaster

Here is a trick I use when cleaning reels. Get yourself a lunch tray and put a white poster board in the inside of tray. Cut it so it fit snug. Put about 3 lines of numbers across the white poster board(1-10) . Each line should be spaced 2/3 inches so you can get around 40 numbers. Now as you take pices off you put each piece on a number strating with 1. all pieces should be put on cardboard the way they came off the reel. Clean the pieces and put back the opposite way you took off.I like to oil  bearings when I am putting them back on the reel.

fiker

Reel man is the expert here.

I can tell you what I do, but.....

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

REEL_MAN

Quote from: Basscaster on March 08, 2010, 05:40:54 PM
Now as you take pices off you put each piece on a number strating with 1. all pieces should be put on cardboard the way they came off the reel.

What happens if you bump the cardboard?? ??? If you take your reel a part it is better to lay them out in order on a shop towel. Parts don't slide around even if you bump the table. If your new at cleaning a camera is also a good tool.

REELMAN
<))))>{