Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:58:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Seminars on Lake Ultimate

Started by WayneC, December 16, 2009, 10:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VinceR

Quote from: djkimmel on December 17, 2009, 10:56:21 PM
I expect there will be no shortage of people on here who might say ole Dan likes to talk ;D

Now, I can't imagine why anyone would say a thing like that. ;D

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Waterfoul

Quote from: WayneC on December 21, 2009, 07:01:27 PM
It's one of those stories though that has to be told over and over again.  Just like that you put Nemesis on the map and made Ultimate Fishing Show history.  Look forward to seeing what's up your sleeve next.

Yeah!  That was more like a coop by Bryan and Nemesis baits!  What's the plan this year Bryan??

You know what they say... product (banner) placement is key.  

Hey, if I bring one of my banners will you get me a prime spot too?  :D
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

McCarter

i dont know where we are going to be this year so...I will bring the banner with me, but i dont know about pushing my luck again.  the show manager dude was real cool about it last year but might not be this year.  we will see.  i might see if i can tap into the P.A. system and put some kind of subliminal messages in there to "buy Nemesis Baits".  I was also thinking about somehow hypnotizing KVD so everytime he thinks he is saying Strike King, he will really be saying Nemesis Baits.  imagine the line at the booth if i could pull that off

McCarter himself :-\'

Waterfoul

Well, you better start making spinnerbaits if you want KVD to toss a bait and mutter the words "Nemesis Baits."  LOL!!!

I'll bring my banner with me too... it's only 2' x 10'.  :D
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Skulley

Quote from: UAWBigDog on December 20, 2009, 06:09:52 PM
One of the best seminars at the show are the ones given by our own Captain Wayne Carpenter.  I am looking forward to attending those as I am sure Wayne has some whole new stuff to expound on.  Especially since we had spring all summer long on St. Clair this last season.

BD          ;D

Quote from: WayneC on December 20, 2009, 09:51:25 PM
Sure, and you can believe that coming from my lead heckler...  

I pay him the utmost compliment and coin his seminar as the best at the Ultimate Fishing Show..........and he trashes me!!!   :'(   My lovely bride says I must becoming sensitive in my old age!!!   :'(   She told me the other day that I did have a heart when there was an incident that happened and I didn't even bat an eyelash as I came to the aid of a friend that really needed it.  Well how about that!!!   :o

I am still trying to figure out when I ever heckled anyone except maybe the referees at Red Wing Games.

BD         :'(

If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

BD, I think the spell checker tripped him up... I think he meant to say lead fanster... which isn't a real word... so hence the errant swap! Pretty sure.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

WayneC

Hey BD...C'mon.  Who wants to go to a boring seminar?  It's my friends who keep it lively and don't let me get away with anything and that, my friend, is in the finest spirit of the event.  The last true heckler I had was at Ford Field and that kept the seminar rolling along nicely.  The guy was convinced by the end, went right up to the booth and bought $40 worth of baits.  That was the year we released Great Lakes Craw and Firetiger at the same time.

You are awesome and always will be with me...see you in the arena of information and ideas!

djkimmel

Hope everyone has remembered the big "Trout Tournament" Saturday at the end of the event hours at Lake Ultimate wink wink. See as many there as possible for the fun!

Skulley

I was hoping to get a rise out of you Wayne!!!   :o   I told you I was getting sensitive in my old age!!   :P   That could have been me at Ford Field............or was it!!   :o   I know you were only kidding.  I am a big believer in "If you're not having fun.......then what are you having??"  Yours are also the most fun and interactive seminars at the show.  Well worth the price of admission.  See you Thursday!!   8)

BD           ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

WayneC

You sure know how to throw the right bait and when to throw it cause you hooked me with that one.  Hard to tell with just text to go by but you made up for it with an extra emoticon on the last post.  Five on one post...isn't that some kind of treaty violation or something?

Skulley

I don't think it's a treaty violation as much as it could be a some kind of record.  
Quote from: WayneC on January 03, 2010, 07:46:06 PM
emoticon

So that's what they call those things.   ;)

BD            ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Skulley

I went to one seminar at the show last night and it was Wayne's.  Great info and something none of us has even seen before.  He definitely is taking bass fishing to the next level.  If your not a techno geek like I am then this may make you one.  Great job Wayne..........even though you are still "tweaking" it.  It was good enough and once you work out the "bugs" it will be even better.  See you tonight.

BD          ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

WayneC

Yeah, much better.  The WI-FI cooperating made a huge difference because the key stuff in the seminar is internet based.  By the time Outdoorama rolls around the presentation should be seamless.

MIBassKid

I agree with BigDog, this seminar was really cool.  From the seminars I went to I would honestly say that Waynes Bass to the Future was probably the most informative. He really did his homework on this and it all looks awesome, looking forward to using some of the sites he showed us.  He is having another one tomorrow so if you're going check it out, it's definitely worth the time. Keep it up Wayne!
-Luke

Mike S.

We saw KVD's 1 o'clock seminar on Saturday.  Got me interested in a bait I never fish.  Got to talk to him for a minute.  He's a cool guy.  Very eager to talk to people and answer questions.  Here's a pic my wife took.

MIBassKid

I had to pick up some stuff that Jim Bedford had forgot at the show to bring back to Lansing and I walked into the office and KVD was sitting there talking with all the Showspan employees.  He asked me how I was doing and everything like he knew me. What a great guy. He is great with the kids and answers all of their questions like how many fish have you caught, how many times have you fished out of a boat, and how much money do you make lol Pretty cool to talk to him one on one for a second.  Hope he does well next month at Lay.
-Luke

djkimmel

Quote from: mikeszr800 on January 10, 2010, 04:37:18 PM
We saw KVD's 1 o'clock seminar on Saturday.  Got me interested in a bait I never fish.  Got to talk to him for a minute.  He's a cool guy.  Very eager to talk to people and answer questions.  Here's a pic my wife took.

Which one is you and which one is KVD?!? ;D

Mike S.

Well, if you don't know which is me,  I'd like to say i'm the rich one that is an animal on the lake.  But I guess I'll just have to go with me being the good looking one!  Please keep all other opinions to yourselves.  I don't want to get a complex.  LOL!

Skulley

So you say!!!    ;D     ;)

BD        ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com