Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:06:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Age of tournament and Non-tournament fishermen/women

Started by Waterfoul, December 08, 2009, 10:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I'm doing some research, please help me out with honest answers.  Please pick the correct category for YOU.

16-25 NON tourney fisherman
26-45 NON tourney fisherman
46-60 NON tourney fisherman
61+ NON tourney fisherman
16-25 Tourney fisherman
26-45 Tourney fisherman
46-60 Tourney fisherman
61+ Tourney fisherman

Waterfoul

After reading some of the recent (and many non-recent) posts I'm curious about ages of our Michigan tourney and non-tourney fisherman.  This is a private poll so just pick the category you fit into.  If you fish say... more than 2 tournies a year you would be a tourney fisherman.

Thanks.

Mike
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

motocross269

I believe the majority of the fisherman that come here are probably going to be tournament fisherman.....If you wanted to get a more honest feeling of demographics of Michigan fisherman you should try sites like lakestclair.net(fishing reports), michigan outdoors, mucc forums, etc etc and compare them to here....JMHO

Waterfoul

This isn't the only site I'm doing this poll on... but haven't had a chance to put it up anywhere else tonight.... yet.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

River Rat

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish and it may not matter here but "26-45" is an awefully wide age bracket, it could consist of two generations combined.  I'm not exactly 45 yet but don't have a whole lot in common with a 26yo either.  Just a simple, yet humble, observation.

Scott
Dearborn, MI and Lake Wales, FL

Waterfoul

Quote from: River Rat on December 09, 2009, 07:16:03 AM
Not sure what you are trying to accomplish and it may not matter here but "26-45" is an awefully wide age bracket, it could consist of two generations combined.  I'm not exactly 45 yet but don't have a whole lot in common with a 26yo either.  Just a simple, yet humble, observation.

Scott

Well, that's where I fit... so I figure these are the guys that are the "working class" here in Michigan.  I know many, many people over 45 are working... but I consider that bracket the "middle aged" group I guess.  When I have some data I'll put it up with an explanation of just what I'm loooking for.

McCarter

how dare you classify me as middle age.  im in my prime :-*

McCarter himself :-\'

River Rat

I wasn't trying to be critical, Mike, just making an observation.  Look forward to seeing what you're working towards.

I have to go with McCarter here, I'm not sure I like the "middle aged" thing!  I'm "veteran youg guy", dang it! ;D
Dearborn, MI and Lake Wales, FL

FOB

Did you not get the memo?  The old 50 is the new 30! :D
But the poll will give a good idea as to the range of individuals who go to this site.
Ralph Blasey
Wonderland Marine West  734-417-5550

t-bone

Quote from: Waterfoul on December 09, 2009, 10:34:18 AM
Well, that's where I fit... so I figure these are the guys that are the "working class" here in Michigan.  I know many, many people over 45 are working... but I consider that bracket the "middle aged" group I guess.  When I have some data I'll put it up with an explanation of just what I'm loooking for.

I think your better off just saying baby boomers versus middle-aged. I'm going to have a crisis and run out and buy a Ranger. darn already did that!
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

macbass

mike you need to lay low on us seniors..because we still have a few butt kickins left in us yet...we aint going to roll over and play dead....just remember some of the old gus have forgot more than you young guys will ever learn.....lmao

IF ITS NOT A CAT ITS A DOG: BASSCAT PERFORMANCE BOATS www.thedropshotdenny.com www.hookednhunted.com

Waterfoul

Quote from: macbass on December 09, 2009, 05:56:00 PM
mike you need to lay low on us seniors..because we still have a few butt kickins left in us yet...we aint going to roll over and play dead....just remember some of the old gus have forgot more than you young guys will ever learn.....lmao

Not laying anything on the more senior fishermen... the poll has nothing to do with the members here or any other site.  I'm just doing some research on something I read on another site earlier this week which made me curious.

Thanks to those of you who've responded so far.

mikesmiph

Us "old" guys are just about to catch you "whipper snappers", LOL Maybe start thinking about getting Depends as a sponsor for some of the tourneys. LMAO

djkimmel

I was asked not too long ago if I would prefer to be sponsored by companies selling boxers or briefs?

I responded, "Depends..."

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Durand Dan

I would guess the 16-25 year old group are competing in tournaments us old guys don't have a chance in! ;D

ROI Outdoors

Quote from: River Rat on December 09, 2009, 07:16:03 AM

Scott

Mike looks WAY younger than he really is; that's why you see the giant gap because he's just trying to feel as young as he looks. 

No joke I thought he was 24 years old up until I saw his drivers license and let me tell you I was decades off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

Waterfoul

Yup.... decades.  You can add one more year next Saturday.

skeeterman190

haha im with McCarter im in my prime...i feel better every morning when i wake up than when i was 18!
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

Firefighter Jeff

Hmmmmm  I'm a rare one.  "Middle aged" AND a Non tournament fisherman.  47 here with 48 coming early next month.  I certainly feel middle aged and older when I get out on the basketball court!!!   :-\'

Firefighter Jeff

Oh, and I find it interesting such a small percentage that have voted do not tourney fish. hmmmmmmmm 

djkimmel

Maybe tournament anglers are more likely to answer polls??

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.