Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:05:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

"Grand Daddy" of the 2010 Michigan Tournament Season??????

Started by ROI Outdoors, December 07, 2009, 11:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy8878

With those dates I think you would get the most particapation on Oct 9. I don't think many wouls show on the July 4th weekend and mid October you would lose some to bowhunting season. My opinion.

Waterfoul

Quote from: billy8878 on December 12, 2009, 03:38:19 PM
With those dates I think you would get the most particapation on Oct 9. I don't think many wouls show on the July 4th weekend and mid October you would lose some to bowhunting season. My opinion.

I agree with this.  Most guys aren't going to drag their familes to a bass tournament on a holiday weekend.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

VinceR

ROI Outdoors

Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

mikesmiph

ROI Outdoors

Oct. 9th Elizabeth Park $150 entry
Pre-Registration begins Jan. 15th with a deadline of July 1st sound good?????

mikesmiph

Durand Dan

Sorry guys, I was really looking for a tournament I had a chance in. It would have been great to have an inland tourny. Good luck to the usual contenders.

markgoetsch

Everyone has a chance that time of year.  There are plenty of fish in the river and river mouth and usually very aggressive. 

senkoluvr

If what we want is bigger tournaments I have a great idea on how to pull it off with out starting a NEW tournament....... Lets all get behind 1 tournament trail and support it even 2 trails one on the west side and one on the east. If We did not have so many fly by night tournaments, and tournaments that put on 100's of events a year you would see a couple of bigger trails just like back in the Tri-State days they had a 150 boat tournament with more on a waiting list. I know in my area with 3 major lake to have tournaments on you can fish a tournament every weekend and everyday of the week. To many tournaments for guys to chose from and in the end no one wins. the pay backs are lower, tournament directors can't get good sponsors because they can't draw enough guys to make it worth the money to a company.

Take the BBT on Muskegon Russ paid $1800.00 for 1st and $6000.00 total payback on 74 boats, if he had 150 boats he would have paid $3600.00 for 1st and $12,000.00 total.

The first BFL had 94 boats and paid $3671.00 for 1st if they had double that on 188 boats they would pay $7342.00.

That is good money to be made I think insted of putting more tournaments on we should look at the ones that have been around for a while, and have a proven track record and get behind them.

If we support just a couple tournaments everyone wins better payouts, better sponsors, better fishing and the only ones that will lose out are the directors that do not have the best intrest of the fisherman that have made them what they are.

Just my 2 cents

Waterfoul

The idea here (one of the ideas anyway) is to payback 100% or higher.  Do any of the "major" clubs in Michigan payback anywhere near 100%??  I know NBAA paybacks are (in my opinion) a joke.  BBT, Shoreline, and most of the others I know about do not either.  But feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.  In fact, I'd rather be wrong on this.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

ROI Outdoors

Quote from: senkoluvr on December 16, 2009, 04:34:30 PM
If what we want is bigger tournaments I have a great idea on how to pull it off with out starting a NEW tournament....... Lets all get behind 1 tournament trail and support it even 2 trails one on the west side and one on the east. If We did not have so many fly by night tournaments, and tournaments that put on 100's of events a year you would see a couple of bigger trails just like back in the Tri-State days they had a 150 boat tournament with more on a waiting list. I know in my area with 3 major lake to have tournaments on you can fish a tournament every weekend and everyday of the week. To many tournaments for guys to chose from and in the end no one wins. the pay backs are lower, tournament directors can't get good sponsors because they can't draw enough guys to make it worth the money to a company.

Take the BBT on Muskegon Russ paid $1800.00 for 1st and $6000.00 total payback on 74 boats, if he had 150 boats he would have paid $3600.00 for 1st and $12,000.00 total.

The first BFL had 94 boats and paid $3671.00 for 1st if they had double that on 188 boats they would pay $7342.00.

That is good money to be made I think insted of putting more tournaments on we should look at the ones that have been around for a while, and have a proven track record and get behind them.

If we support just a couple tournaments everyone wins better payouts, better sponsors, better fishing and the only ones that will lose out are the directors that do not have the best intrest of the fisherman that have made them what they are.

Just my 2 cents

This is the whole idea, it is 1 tournament so why doesn't BBT and everyone else get behind this 1 tournament every year?  The fore-mentioned tournaments have been around for years and they are great tournament TRAILS - this is not a tournament trail it is a ONE TOURNAMENT.  We all want bigger tournaments and I think the only way to make this happen is to put aside preconcieved notions and be open to some change; I don't care who starts this trend it just needs to start somewhere.

McCarter

if you had the turnouts, you wouldnt even have to pay back 100% or higher.  keep it above 80% and there is plenty of money to go around.  the bigger the trail the more work for the director(s).  you gotta make a couple bucks if your running a big trail.  plus, that big of a tournament will require a lot of addtional equipment.  tanks, trailers, aerators, etc, etc, etc....  That money has to come from somewhere.

paying back 100% is fine for small tournaments but it will get old for the directors after dealing with that many people.

My two cents anyway,

McCarter himself :-\'

senkoluvr

Quote from: senkoluvr on December 16, 2009, 04:34:30 PM

Just my 2 cents

The Super Bass Tournament on Muskegon is ment to just that, I do not know what BBT and NBAA take off the top but they have not been able to get more that 50 boats after the first year, If they had a 100 boat field it would be hands down the best pay out in Michigan, But there are only a handfull of teams that are willing to fish for that kind of money around this area.....  I don't Know everyone on this post but I don't think I have ever seen any of the guys that are posting Ideas at the Super Bass tournament, If you don't support the tournaments that are offering the higher paybacks it dose not matter who puts the tournament together it will not fly.

You seen it for yourself Luke you had 96% payback and could from what I could tell only draw 8 or 9 boats at your tournaments. Why do you think that is? guys don't trust NEW tournament directors for one there have been a few that have mad it hard for the guys that are honest to get a new tournament off the ground. They don't do what they say they are going to do, They don't update web sites, They mess up paybacks, and just don't have a clue on what guys want in a tournament. They have all the talking points down pat pat but they are like most politicians "JUST A BUNCH OF SMACK TALK"

Waterfoul

One HUGE thing that kills tournament #'s is those people who say "if there were more boats I'd go."  Well, hook up to your trailer and fish the tournament and there will be more boats.  I'd bet that if everyone who said this last year about ROI would have come and fished with us there would have been twice as many boats per event.

As for some of the bigger tournies (like the Fox 101 Radio tourney here in west Michigan) I don't like the Grand enough to spend that kind of money to fish it.  Plain and simple... don't really care for the venue.

McCarter... I'm not saying the director(s) can't be paid... but with corporate sponsorhip you can still pay back MUCH closer to 100% (or even higher).  To me it just seems to me that some of the directors are trying to MAKE money.  I know this tourney didn't pay out nearly as much as promised this year.

This is one of the things I feel needs to change in Michigan... pay out more and take less.  Seems many directors aren't willing to do this.  My partner and I just applied to be directors of a fairly large club here in west Michigan.  The former director was paid by the # of boats that fished.  I know he made money every event whether he finished in the money or not.  We've proposed that we simply don't pay to fish.  Plain and simple.  This will raise the payout by around 7-8%.

Someone said before (in another thread perhaps) that the Muskegon Fishermans Landing venue seems to have been designed by a tournament angler.  In fact it was.  And this man died recently.  It's one of the reasons I proposed it as a venue for an event like this.  We could make it a Memorial Tourney and do it every year.  And at this venue there's really no need for a trailer... the pavilion works awesome for weigh ins.

TCook

I wonder why guys choose to fish BBT? the payout is garbage! I did the math last year and if I remember right they are paying 60-65% back. Not to mention counting all the prizes they give out that most guys dont give two craps about as part of that payout. What I would like to see happen is Lakedrive keeping two divisions and expanding the field maybe even raise the entry fee, it sounds like alot of guys want to fish this series as it is now anyways. So why not make Lakedrive that big trail that everyone is seeking?
FISH HARD!!!

gr@ssmonkey

Quote from: TCook on December 16, 2009, 08:50:33 PM
I wonder why guys choose to fish BBT? the payout is garbage! I did the math last year and if I remember right they are paying 60-65% back. Not to mention counting all the prizes they give out that most guys dont give two craps about as part of that payout. What I would like to see happen is Lakedrive keeping two divisions and expanding the field maybe even raise the entry fee, it sounds like alot of guys want to fish this series as it is now anyways. So why not make Lakedrive that big trail that everyone is seeking?

I'm with u tcook,lake drive Will pay over 3000 to win there tourney's

it's lake drive and ROI for me