Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:33:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

"Grand Daddy" of the 2010 Michigan Tournament Season??????

Started by ROI Outdoors, December 07, 2009, 11:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markgoetsch

I like the detroit river as well that way anglers can fish erie or st. clair depending on the wind.  I also like early october.

billy8878

I agree with the Detroit River launch to fish both lakes.

VinceR

Don't forget about Erie MetroPark, with 198 parking spaces. All three of the Erie/Detroit River launches are in reasonable proximity to decent lodging.

I wouldn't mind seeing a tournament scheduled for late September, early October at the latest. You would need to consider the weather conditions for that time of year. Much later in the season, and weather may begin to affect the turnout. Once you get past Labor Day, the recreational boating crowd will begin to thin out.

With a 150+ boat field, you should look at paying down a considerable number of places, with the last 5 (or so) getting their entry fee back.

Waterfoul

Well, if September next year is anything like it was this year... I'd vote for Muskegon.  Lake Michigan was like GLASS for 3 solid weeks and the lakeshore fishing was awsome!!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

sterk149

Put it in down town Grand Haven during coast guard Fest. That way you would be able to get sponsors that will gain something that no other tournament can do - (people) we all think sponsors want to help us out but no one looks at it from their side what is 150-200 guys going to do for me (NOT MUCH ) but get 1000 people in the area or more while your tournament is going on a there is alot more exposure for them. Grand Haven has bleachers and a Stage! and right there at the water. Offer that to sponsors -get good sponsors and then you will have your Grand Daddy tournament.
Camp & Cruise - Sales
RDT- Reel Deal Tournaments - Owner/ tournament director

Chad@campandcruise.com

Waterfoul

Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

ROI Outdoors

Quote from: sterk149 on December 10, 2009, 02:05:15 PM
Put it in down town Grand Haven during coast guard Fest. That way you would be able to get sponsors that will gain something that no other tournament can do - (people) we all think sponsors want to help us out but no one looks at it from their side what is 150-200 guys going to do for me (NOT MUCH ) but get 1000 people in the area or more while your tournament is going on a there is alot more exposure for them. Grand Haven has bleachers and a Stage! and right there at the water. Offer that to sponsors -get good sponsors and then you will have your Grand Daddy tournament.

Sterk - Thanks for volunteering to run this event for the guys ;D the Grand Haven Waterfront would be by far the coolest venue in the state hands down - we could even have the musical fountain going during the weigh-in, that is something I've never seen at any BASS televised event on ESPN! 

Coast Guard would be tough - we would have to compete with all the Beer Tents and bikini clad females.  I do think the Grand Haven Waterfront is the perfect site for a gigantic show but it would take a year to plan that one perfectly. 

Waterfront Stadium would be kick *%* so make some calls to the city of GH to see what we would need to do.

What is the Dr. H. Belanger Park Launch site on the Detroit River like?  I've never been there so just curious if it is even a viable option.
Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

mikesmiph

motocross269

I have been to the Coast Guard Festival...If you guys have it that weekend you may lose some anglers half way through the day to the festivities..
Focus may be a problem...
;D

ROI Outdoors

Detroit River is my vote; I think a lot of guys are missing the point with this whole deal - its not my or any certain group of guys tournament it is OUR tournament and that is the only way this will work.  No one person can do this themselves, it is going to take a collaborative effort from a multitude of guys - honestly it will take 15-20 somewhat dedicated guys to make this happen so lets get to it! 

I know we can get a few G's from sponsors to pay someone to run the weigh-in so lets start talking details. 

If we really want to see this work I think we should have a date and site decided on by Jan. 1st - I got the hook on posters so I'll have some printed up to hand out at the Novi Show starting the 9th. 

DATE AND LAUNCH SITE???????????????? 

What do you all say about taking the next 20 suggestions and tallying them up with a majority rule?  Get your votes in so I can go to bed!

motocross269

Do you really think you need to pay a few Gs to run the weigh in???? 

Heck for that kind of money I know a group with a Weigh in trailer that would be willing to run your weigh in.....I may even be able to provide a TD and MC.... ;D..

markgoetsch

My vote is for Elizebeth park in early october.  Its a very nice launch, close to many hotels, and protected from the eliments if its windy that day.

gr@ssmonkey

I know october is a month without a lot of tourney's but if u look back you'll notice it is really hard to have a good tourney in the beginning of oct.(because it's a transition month) and if you have it at the end of oct. u might have waited to long!!!
   For a grand daddy tourney like this,i would like to see it on the 4th of july.....and lets celebrate our freedom....... and my vote still stands for charlevoix,boat traffic is not an issue and the place is beautiful that time of the year,bring the wife and kids!!!!

Waterfoul

Quote from: gr@ssmonkey on December 11, 2009, 03:03:14 PM
I know october is a month without a lot of tourney's but if u look back you'll notice it is really hard to have a good tourney in the beginning of oct.(because it's a transition month) and if you have it at the end of oct. u might have waited to long!!!
   For a grand daddy tourney like this,i would like to see it on the 4th of july.....and lets celebrate our freedom....... and my vote still stands for charlevoix,boat traffic is not an issue and the place is beautiful that time of the year,bring the wife and kids!!!!

And I have a free place to stay less than an hour away!!  I'd fish there for sure.

oldjigger

I like July never know what kind of weather in Oct..  could be on traverse bay / Lake Mich. and brought onto Elk skeg and torch if the weather was to bad

Dick

VinceR

As much as I love fishing Charlevoix, the problem there, will be a launch site. The largest site is the one near the city of Charlevoix, and it only has 92 parking spaces. The Boyne City launch has 52 spaces, and Ironton has 44.

The best locations to accomodate large tournaments are still Harley Ensign and Metropolitan Beach on St. Clair; Elizabeth Park, Erie Metro Park, and Sterling State Park on Erie; Fisherman's Landing on Muskegon (a tournament fisherman must have designed this place), and I believe that there are a couple of good launches on Saginaw Bay, and a big one at Au Gres. All have over 150 parking spaces, good spots for setting up the weigh-ins, and good access to the water for live release.

ROI Outdoors

Quote from: motocross269 on December 11, 2009, 03:42:53 AM
Do you really think you need to pay a few Gs to run the weigh in???? 

Heck for that kind of money I know a group with a Weigh in trailer that would be willing to run your weigh in.....I may even be able to provide a TD and MC.... ;D..

You're right that is a probably a little much but I bet we could get Fish Fishburne or that "let's get ready to rumble" guy to MC for $1000 a piece. 

Tournament Trailer would be ideal so see what they'd be willing to do it for.

mikesmiph

ROI Outdoors

Potential Dates & Sites that aren't conflicting with major events (that I know of at least)

Saturday July 3rd - Muskegon Lake Fisherman's Landing - this would be a good date for the guys coming over from the East Side to do some pre-fishing for the TBF State Fish-Off which is the following weekend.  It is busy out there during the Holiday Weekend but I think Lake Michigan is big enough to support all the traffic.  Fisherman's Landing can easily support the additional holiday anglers, pleasure boaters don't even really use this launch site so the only additional traffic will be big lake fisherman who usually launch well before safe light.

Sat./Sun. October 9th/10th or 16th/17th Elizabeth Park Detroit River - average high in Oct. is 62 degrees and if you look at the data the wind doesn't become a major factor until late Oct. or early Nov.  I didn't look into as to what else is going on these days over there so if anyone knows of anything major please post what it is and when.   Fish the river, fish St. Clair, Fish Erie this site is pretty much at the center of it all.  If the weather is even decent these dates would see some super sacks.

WHAT SAY YOU????????????

Ranger5Smallie

July 3 on Muskegon...I like it!!!  Not sure we can get 200 boats out on a holiday weekend though.